Colt Trooper (Original, not Mk iii)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Colt Trooper (Original, not Mk iii)

Post by Bridger »

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/798635013

I've got a Lawman mkiii, but I've been wanting a real Trooper. How do you think I did? I hope to have it in hand by the end of the week.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Colt Trooper (Original, not Mk iii)

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Looks like a solid gun that wasnt used very very much. Cosmetic rust shouod come easy. If your happy, then you did good! Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Nice Colt - I especially like that it has an adjustable rear sight.

My late best friend had a 4" Trooper that he bought new, back in 1967 - but his was a fixed sight .357.

We both shot the snot out of it for many years, with no issues whatsoever.

I hope your Trooper is in good operating condition, as gunsmiths familiar with the Colt DA are few and far between these days.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sir, you have great taste, a fine revolver that I'd be mighty proud to own..… :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

Thanks guys!

In reference to the gunsmith comment, I only know of 2 places to have a Colt worked on. One is Cylinder and Slide, which Colt will refer you too. They apparently do great work but the wait time is like 5-6 months.

Frank Glenn is who I have used. He's out in Arizona and doesn't seem to be as well known (except maybe on the Colt forum) but does good work, is priced fairly, and is fast. I sent him my Lawman to have endshake corrected and the whole process only took like 2 weeks from me sending it to getting it back.

- Winston Churchill
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I was following that auction …… I liked that old Colt but got busy and for got to check on it again.

I hope it serves you well. I really liked it.

Wm
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

Thank you for forgetting, Wm. Haha
These original Troopers don't seem to get much attention so I'm sure there's another one out there to be had at a good price for you. I'll update on this one tomorrow as it's supposed to arrive then.

- Winston Churchill