Korean Warm Poem & Memorial?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Korean Warm Poem & Memorial?

Post by Old No7 »

I saw this image online and after reading the beautiful poem, I thought of my late father's late friend Henry, who had served in Korea and survived the "Frozen Chosin". Henry, us boys always called him "Uncle Henry", never was a fan of the cold after that, even at the shooting range on a late fall day... He'd be the first to head into the shooting shack when the cold winds came up...

Do any Korean War Vets, other Vets or history buffs know the story of this one?

It sure was a nice remembrance of our friend Henry -- and all the others from that "forgotten war"...

Old No7

( Click on image to enlarge )
Korean War Memorial.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Korean Warm Poem & Memorial?

Post by AJMD429 »

Never heard of it before, but it is a good tribute.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

My father in law was a Korean war veteran. If not for that I am not sure my kids would have ever learned about Korea in school. It really gets little attention coming in between WW2 and Viet Nam.

Wm
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:57 am Never heard of it before, but it is a good tribute.
+1

My FIL was a Korean War veteran. Another generations going way too fast on us (and leaving us with Tide-pod eating millennials in their place!)
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Part of a former Army was broken down into an upper and lower reservations. The upper no has a park in which a monument given by Korea resides.

It’s quite impressive consisting of a pagoda like structure. The pagoda houses a large bell. There a several events yearly including one honoring Korean War vets.

Korea is one of the few we have fought to protect that still expresses its gratitude for the lives that were lost.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad