Survival Theory a preparedeness Guide.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Survival Theory a preparedeness Guide.

Post by Pitchy »

Found this pretty accurate, long but worth watching God help us if it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INx_YfK-YKg
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Survival Theory a preparedeness Guide.

Post by gamekeeper »

Interesting video Lenn, surviving without Leverguns.com would be a bummer, a fund of knowledge unobtainable..... :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks buddy, i thought it was quite awakening. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I know some get all in a knot about the Mormon's adding another volume to the Bible, but some of their literature on surviving different calamities is very helpful. For a time, they were hunted down and killed, so they learned to be prepared for nastiness, much as the Native Americans did, and although in modern-day times, we don't attack others based on race, skin color, or religion (unless we are 'liberal progressives' :roll: ), but their literature now focuses on things like natural disasters (i.e. their "72-hour-kit" recommendation) and terrorist attacks.

The other less-specific, more-entertaining, and perhaps better at preparing us for the 'ambiance' of an EMP is the novels like "One Second After" - I think those are worth reading.

One lesson I think is important is that if you plan on "living off the land" good luck. Your homestead likely won't be able to be defended against a band of 100 armed looters, and if it does, another 100 will arrive in a few days. Do you have a group of 50 or so armed, trained personnel who can guard your homestead effectively....? I know I don't. And if you have that many people, how will you feed them, coordinate their activities, create discipline, etc. The ONLY people who would likely survive would be people who:

a) live in a TRULY remote area (at least 200-300 miles from any city of more than 50,000 people.
b) already have hard-to-traverse natural boundaries like canyons, or whatever, to deter intruders.
c) already have a coordinated and friendly COMMUNITY where there is mutual trust.
d) don't have a bunch of drug addicts, welfare-mooches, or other destructive individuals there.
e) have contemplated and prepared for such a breakdown.
f) have some individuals with military training, some with political connections, and some with all sorts of technical training in electronics, medicine, farming, and manufacture.

And.....if you already have all those things, you are probably already on some list because you live in a "compound" and the government dislikes such folks.... :lol:

So.....do what you can as an individual, and if you do want to live in a 'compound' go for it - your genes will be the ones passed on for the next dozen centuries. Otherwise, do all you can NOW to prevent such political instability, which means supporting TRUMP, even though he's a boorish and annoying dude. He also may be the only thing standing between us and disaster.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Otherwise, do all you can NOW to prevent such political instability, which means supporting TRUMP, even though he's a boorish and annoying dude. He also may be the only thing standing between us and disaster.
Yep that`s about it, hope its enough.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Always loosely followed this stuff. The bigger the population, the more dependent it becomes, and the more likely a catastrophic event.
Even if prepared, the rampant death and lack of hygiene makes survival after the initial "die off" most difficult. Disease will be the biggest enemy, clean water the biggest scarcity.
The denser the population, the less your chances, IMO.
He is right, it will have a global effect, and possibly will never recover.
It's happened before. They called it the dark ages.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

OldWin wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:48 am
Seems to me we eventually did recover from that...
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Pisgah wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:03 am
OldWin wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:48 am
Seems to me we eventually did recover from that...
I meant a world affecting event.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.