Hammer Time

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Hammer Time

Post by 6pt-sika »

Received some used hammer retention screws from a Parker guy/gunsmith in Spencerport NY ! Two engraved and one unengraved . My Grade 2 10 gauge 3 frame had an unengraved screw on one hammer so I wanted something more appropriate. My Grade 0 10 gauge 2 frame had non Parker screws and needed two unengraved and my recently acquired Grade 2 12 gauge 1 frame needed and engraved screw . So the unengraved screw on one 10 moved to the other along with the new unengraved screw . Then the two engraved screws took their places on the Grade 2 guns . Got a lever retainer part for the Grade 0 10 as well but that’s s job for my gunsmith buddy .
8B249FC5-AED5-4E84-BA46-D32F08EF4B3A.jpeg
8CCA2135-4B34-4F3A-8710-BE222E5D0E07.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hammer Time

Post by Tycer »

It’s really beautiful that we have such access to all these parts.
Your collection is always a joy to behold. Thanks for sharing!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Tycer wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm It’s really beautiful that we have such access to all these parts.
Your collection is always a joy to behold. Thanks for sharing!
ThAnk you sir ! The gentleman I buy parts from constantly buys parts guns for most of the old American doubles . I’ve gotten parts from him for LC Smith’s a Lefever a Fox and of course several times for Parker’s . My gunsmith buddy here in Orange has made me a few parts before I found out about this guy in NY , he made me a really nice pair of firing pins for my circa 1890 LC Smith Quality 2 hammerless 10 gauge .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’m trying to get a circa 1887 Grade 0 10 gauge 4 frame with 34” barrels and that ones in need of a set of hammers . Gun has hammers they’re just not Parker hammers . I wanna call my parts connection and see if he has a right and a left hammer but I’m scared it will jinx me getting the gun so I’ll wait :lol:
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Ya gotta luv it, when a plan comes together - Nice !