New BUG / EDC...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1894c

New BUG / EDC...

Post by 1894c »

So I picked up my new-to-me Glock 43X 9mm with a 10-shot mag. I think this might be the single-stack I've been waiting for..I hope. I've had and shot them all (well almost). I've owned and carried a M&P Shield, Walther PPS M2, Glock 43, and the Sig P365, all of them went down the road.

Before I went looking at the single-stacks I carried a Glock 27/26 as my EDC and BUG (back up gun) since 1996, but the weight, short height with OEM 10-rnd mags, and thickness just didn't work in some situations. In the end I just did not like the "pinky dangling" thing any longer, could have used mag extenders, but then I would be in "Glock 19" territory. I should mention that I still carry my rotary single-stack S&W 642 on occasion (best pocket gun ever).

The Glock 43X is the Glock 43 with a longer grip (Glock 19 grip length), it's somewhat thicker then the G-43 with a matte silver slide finish which I like, not sure why, but I do. Here is the link for more details -- https://us.glock.com/Products/g43x_silver_slide

I put 100+ rounds through it today, it shoots well, accurate, recoil is manageable, should be reliable, it's a Glock... I also had two LEO's try to steal it from me today, they used the term "borrow", but I knew that was not their intent... :)
IMG_E0367.JPG
9449032_01_glock_43x_9mm_released_1_22__640.jpg
th.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: New BUG / EDC...

Post by Blaine »

It's a Glock....You'll have a lifetime of usefulness and protection with it. 8) 8)
I wonder..with the size couldn't they have fit a 9mm into that same shooter?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

BlaineG wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:37 am It's a Glock....You'll have a lifetime of usefulness and protection with it. 8) 8)
BlaineG -- the G-43X is a 9mm... :)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

1894c wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:47 pm
BlaineG wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:37 am It's a Glock....You'll have a lifetime of usefulness and protection with it. 8) 8)
BlaineG -- the G-43X is a 9mm... :)
Double DUH! on me :oops: :oops: :oops: ....I thought you were talking about a .380 the other day....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

BlaineG -- no problemo it's already been a very loooong week... although the size of the G-43X would make for a neat .380 acp, probably would have a 12-round mag... :)
PatientWolf
Levergunner

Post by PatientWolf »

I think the 43X will be a huge success. I looked at one the other day. It is slightly larger than my PM9, but i see it filling the same role (someday). I probably would have walked out with it had I not seen a tan Glock 19 Gen4 “used” but unfired that I was able to get for $400.