Feeling older every day....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Feeling older every day....

Post by AJMD429 »

I just got an email from HenryUSA commenting on the anniversary of Lou Imperato's death.....in 2007.....

I remember his prompt and courteous reply 'not that long ago' regarding my son's rifle.

Now I feel even older..... :|

Hopefully his company will continue to exhibit the same level of quality and service; from what I've heard it has.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Feeling older every day....

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Doc, I hear you. Not that long ago, it seems, I was chatting with Val Forgett about one of his more obscure Navy Arms imports. He's been gone since 2002.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Yep. In years past I communicated with many including Elmer Keith, Charles Askins, Bill Jordan, Bill Grover, Turner Kirkland, Terry Murbach, and a host of lesser known but just as important folks in the shooting world. I was honored to be friends with quite a few of them. Some have been gone for a long time now. If you value someone, make it a priority to spend time with them. We ain't here long. As The Good Book says, "Your life is like the morning fog--it's here a little while, then it's gone."
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I met Lou at one of the NRA annual meetings & show years ago. He was in the Henry booth, and you would have thought he was just another employee, the way he approached everyone with a smile and handshake. Henry is a class-act, and continues to be. Nice to see them keeping Lou's spirit alive. :D
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

AJMD429 I hear you. I remember big game writers like craig boddington and George hoffman posting over at accuratereloading.com about 20 years ago. As a young 20 something year old I took George to task about something he had said. All the older site member including a few notable safari hunters telling me to cool off, but I wouldnt hear it. Hoffman passed away shortly after and I still feel embarassed that my foolish younger self did not take more opportunity to listen. Funny what stays with you.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have spoken with Boddington a couple of times. Just seeing him at gun shows. He is a true Gentleman. If the others are similar, then each one passing on is a true loss to the world. Each of us has something we are good at, and it is up to us as to how we treat others who are not as good at something as we are.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost