Lee Reloading Press Md: 90045?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Lee Reloading Press Md: 90045?

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Last fall during a low time in my reloading life I gave away both of my bench mounted reloading presses when I had to sell and move out of my home of 52 years. I gave away my old RCBS Rockchucker, and LEE 3-die turret press along with 3 turrets. I figured I wouldn't be reloading enough to justify keeping the bench presses especially since the workshop in my new home was more closet so no room to mount a bench mounted press. Besides I had my LEE Handpress which I used exclusively while reloading on Maui. Well, it's been over a year now and I'm starting to get the reloading itch especially since I unboxed and shelved all my reloading supplies in my tiny workshop. I found a spot in there where I might be able to mount a small bench-top reloading press after all. I remember that LEE make a small simple single stage reloading press their Lee Reloading Press Model 90045. Anyone here own and use one of these? I won't be full length resizing any 505 Gibbs brass. As long as I have one decent affordable bench-press on hand I think I can be reloading happy again.

Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
harry
Senior Levergunner

Re: Lee Reloading Press Md: 90045?

Post by harry »

I have one of those, but I only use it to pull bullets so don’t know how well it would work for sizing.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have one but use it for factory crimping mostly. These are decent for the money. A buddy of mine actually cracked the frame on one but h was doing military 7.62x51 . Lee replaced the press and he kept it to hand gun stuff and still uses it 25 years later.
Also this press is handy enough to take back & forth to the range. Just bolt it to a hunk of 2x6 and clamp it down to use.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

I bought one years ago and have it mounted to one side of my bench. I keep a Lee decaping die in it and have only used it for that. It seems to be a well made press and isn't loose or sloppy. I've got one of the Lyman hand or bench mount presses which are no longer listed and I have never bothered to set it up as the Lee is so small and simple. For actual reloading I have other presses. I really ought to try loading in the Lee and I go to a single stage for runs of 50 or less as changing and setting up dies is so simple and no, I'll never spend a penny on any of those breech lock type setups.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I used one for a few years bu sold it due to a messy divorce. I restarted reloading in '88-'89 and got a standard "O" press and was satisfied for a few years then bought a Pacific "C" press, I wanted a new Lee, but $$ got in the way and the used Pacific was cheaper. I have the Lee Hand Press, now (besides my 2 single stage, one turret, and a Co-ax) and it works fine. But to answer your question, unless you are trying to F/L size anything bigger/harder than a 30-06, the Lee "C" press will handle most/all reloading chores. I believe the newer models are "Breech Lock" design. It is a good press for general reloading, decapping, priming, and bullet sizing...

When you mention Lee, some folks will make it a priority to tell you all the junky, broken Lee products ever made. Internet wisdom? For honest answers about Lee products go here; "Home for the "Low Life Lee Lovers!" The Forum for the Lee Precision Enthusiast!" https://www.lee-loader.com/index.php
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Thank you gentlemen for all your input. I they are selling for under $30.00 including shipping so I just may have to grab one. :D
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

grab one and hold onto it this time, even if you go to live in the wild, keep the press. Only say this as my situation was similar. I owned a rockchucker and sold it as leaving the shooting scene. Then years later I decide to get back into it again. :roll:
hairygrump
Levergunner

Post by hairygrump »

I have one of those along with a hand press. I've used both for full length resizing. Mount it on something sturdy, lube the cases well, and it will do the job nicely.
jwstanfi
Levergunner

Post by jwstanfi »

I have one and was using it only a few days ago to load some .38 Spl's. IIRC, I got it for free with the purchase of Richard Lee's reloading book back in the mid-1990's. It seems a bit flimsy but has served me well for a long time.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Ji, i bought one of these from BenT back in 2011. It was already well-used, i loaded almost 2300 rounds of ammo with it in the last 3 weeks! Lots of 9mm 45's and 223 and 30/30. Think i loaded almost the same amount with it last April. I absolutely like it. Its especially nice for using with their Ram-prime. Also did 1000 rounds of 40s+w with it. Yes i really like it. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!