Still a few good people left

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Still a few good people left

Post by jnyork »

Yesterday in my travels I lost my cell phone, belt pouch and all. Combed the house and vehicles to no avail. Went back down to Home Depot where we had shopped yesterday afternoon, being a cynical old grouch I didn't have any hope of finding it there but sure enough, there it was at the self-checkout desk, nice young lady dug it out of a drawer and handed it to me. Some kind soul had turned it in, much to my surprise.

Maybe I am becoming a curmudgeon. Hope not. :D
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Still a few good people left

Post by M. M. Wright »

You're just one lucky (blessed) guy.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I found a phone at Lowes one day. I picked it up to take it to customer service as a guy walks into the aisle muttering to himself about his phone. I said is this it? He was very happy to get it back but looked at me like I had malice on my mind. He spun and walked away. I said loudly YOU ARE WELCOME. Yes there are honest folks out there - just not that many that trust others!

Glad you got yours back!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

That is great to hear.

Several years ago when my son was around 12 or 13 years old (he's 35 now) he found a wallet on the ground with cash in it at the Honolulu International Airport. He took it to the security office (with his mom), and they required that he leave his contact information. A couple weeks later he received a package from Japan, and in it was a brand new Sony Walkman (portable cassette tape player) with a very heartfelt letter of appreciation from the owner of the wallet a Japanese national. He was in a panic when he lost his wallet right before his return flight home so he was very to find that it was turned in right away, and surprised at the honesty of this young man my son. My son wrote him back thanking him for the gift, that it was not necessary but much appreciated, and that what he did was just the natural thing to do he being raised with high Christian moral values.

My wife a couple years back dropped her credit card at a local department store. She realized it as soon as she got home and quickly called the credit card hotline to freeze that account. In the 15 minutes it took from card drop time to the moment she called the credit card hotline someone had already filled up two vehicles with fuel with a charge of almost $80.00. Of course she was not charged for it and received a new card within days. Some people have no morals nor conscience.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

M. M. Wright wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:18 pmYou're just one lucky (blessed) guy.
+1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!