Sis Was The LAST Person In The World I Thought Would Buy One

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Sis Was The LAST Person In The World I Thought Would Buy One

Post by Blaine »

Remember the old saying: "A liberal is as person that hasn't been mugged". Well, Sis hated guns, until her house was broken into twice....once while she was there. Her little area of Col. Oh., over the years, had turned into Little Somalia and crime went sky high.
So, anyway, when she told me the other day that her and her boyfriend and gone out and bought a firearm, my jaw hit the ground.
Now, to the point:
She couldn't rack the slide on any of the .380s she looked at except the Shield EZ....If your elderly, or weak friends or family can't use a semi-auto have them try one of those. Sis told me she loves it and it's zero problem to use, and "I got all the cute little holes in the head part of the target"....
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/m ... hield-ez-0
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Sis Was The LAST Person In The World I Thought Would Buy One

Post by Griff »

BlaineG wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:36 pm...and "I got all the cute little holes in the head part of the target"....
Exactly how I felt when my Sis told me the same thing... Both her & Hubby are taking lessons, joined a shooting club... and ENJOY it! So much so, that I sent the B-I-L my old RCBS Jr. II and dies for the 9mm!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Blaine, that's cool!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Good!
The Sig p238 racks as easy also.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:38 pm
BlaineG wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:36 pm...and "I got all the cute little holes in the head part of the target"....
Exactly how I felt when my Sis told me the same thing... Both her & Hubby are taking lessons, joined a shooting club... and ENJOY it! So much so, that I sent the B-I-L my old RCBS Jr. II and dies for the 9mm!
Sis and Boyfriend are taking their second class. She'll have her CCW pretty soon.
8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

Glad to hear Blaine. It is amazing that when issues strike "close to home", experience changes people's philosophy.
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

Two thumbs up. Now to wake the rest of the US up.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

1. The newbies have to get past the 'negative waves' aspect of firearms ownership, and anything the GUN OWNERS surrounding her can do to 'de-mystify' GUN ownership, or remove the 'toxic masculinity involved, can be helpful.

2. Petite women's hand strength is LOUSY, and they'll either need:

a) an easy-to-rack semiauro pistol - often either super low-powered (22 LR. 25 ACP, 32 ACP, 380 ACP), or locked-breech (larger-caliber - so less 'feminine' :roll: and less concealable) semiauto, or

b) a revolver with light double-action pull (a Ruger LCR works well), or

c) experience with using a revolver in SA mode, or

d) an AR-pistol... :twisted:

The MAIN thing is that they get ENCOURAGEMENT, overcome any hesitancy or fear of 'g-g-g-guns', and PRACTICE....!

A chick with a 22 LR revolver she is confident with will stop an attacker quite well, versus one with the latest high-tech firearm she is uneasy with.

Getting any LibTard 'friends' off her back if they make her uneasy is important.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Taurus makes a .380 with tabs which swing out to give you a really good grip for racking the slide.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

it’s pricey , but if you can find it the beretta 86 is a full size 380 that has a flip up barrel for loading the first round, like the little beretta 22 has.....very well made and the most accurate 380 i have ever seen. from the youngest to oldest anyone can easily and safely load and unload it. i won’t part with mine ever.

here is what it looks like:

http://www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%2080/Beretta%2086.htm

here is one that sold , has better pictures, :

https://www.gunauction.com/buy/9839518

this whole discussion reminds me of the biblical passage that there is more rejoicing in heaven for one sinner that finds the way than for all the saints etc

or to paraphrase — “ there is more rejoicing in handgun heaven for one liberal that finds the way, than for all the gunnies who buy one more pistol...” from the book of Winchester, chapter 45,verse 70

:o
cable
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

Thanks for the recommendation. I read the review of that handgun in American rifleman and thought about some of my mature lady friends who have had hand strength issues with the general run of small handguns on the market. Good to get a "hands on" (literally)testimony.
At the same time I'm saddened by the realization that decades of liberal government have brought so many once fine neighborhoods to the point that it's not safe to be a liberal any longer.
THAT is the message I hope folks like these will wake up and realize.
I'll stop now before this thread gets too political for this section of our forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

My dear old Mom lives alone. She decided she neede a pistol now Mom grew up with guns and the she GROWED ME up so she has experience with guns. We went to Cabelas and fingered about a 100(maybe a slight exaggeration) handguns and she FINALLY realized she does not have the hand strength to rack a slide. She swore she was gonna practice weekly blah blah blah which I knew to be a load of hogwash. She did not have any interest in carry just for around the home. I have an old coach gun in 12 gauge that she has familiarity with has owned or fired sxs shotguns in the past, so she knew what to expect as to function ect. I then bought her a couple boxes of the Aquila 12 gauge 1 and a half inch light loads. She is confident in it, at 16 1/2 inches she can handle it , and aiming is not real critical she can hit a paper plate at hallway distances AND seeing a 73 year old lady with a sawed off scared the Pelosi out of me.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

My kid sis in Florida all on her own got a Beretta Tomcat 32 ACP with tilt-barrel which does not require racking the slide back. She went to a local gunshop that also had a range, and let her try out several handguns. She liked all the features and comfort as well as concealability of the Tomcat. She has several health issues so whatever is comfortable for her is good. A 32ACP in the hand beats a 9mm in the shop. Several years back she used to own a model 66 snubby but her deadbeat crack-addict now ex stole it to trade for more crack. Glad he's an ex.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

i forgot about the 32 tomcat....it is excellent and much more concealable than the 380 [ called the cheetah] . [ i do have one of those also, and have a couple of the 22 lr and 25 acp model 21's also]

the 32 can do some damage for such a tiny little thing, and for that matter so can the 22
cable
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 308magtip »

Good For Her!!
This from some police friends both active and retired.Slides are great for intiadation,but wheels never jam.If it was a shots fire call the pumpshot gun was first choice.Bar owner I new during my late teens early 20s had a "coach" under the bar.most well behaved and fun joint in town.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Good for you Blaine......I'm actually beginning to think that "our train of thought" is more popular than "theirs". Go Donald Trump!!

Off the subject, my wife says to me a few minutes ago, "you know a Blaine G.?" I said, "yup, from the board, we are both Cancers". She then asked me to explained your post about the smirk and the 1984 book, which I read years ago.

That was good.....
It's all playing out. I truly hope our generation is around when the pelosi hits the fan. Our guns will be needed.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"....Slides are great for intiadation,but wheels never jam."
--308magtip

Never jam? Guess you have never experienced or witnessed what is called a "high primer"?....

For those-Not-In-The-Know: "high primer" is a primer that is not filly seated and depending on its seating depth, can/will lock up revolver.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I can tell from personal experience that .44spl shot shells will lock one up tight and right when I needed a second shot!!!!
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:34 pm Good for you Blaine......I'm actually beginning to think that "our train of thought" is more popular than "theirs". Go Donald Trump!!

Off the subject, my wife says to me a few minutes ago, "you know a Blaine G.?" I said, "yup, from the board, we are both Cancers". She then asked me to explained your post about the smirk and the 1984 book, which I read years ago.

That was good.....
It's all playing out. I truly hope our generation is around when the pelosi hits the fan. Our guns will be needed.---6
When we're not kicking each other's buttocks, we get along just fine. :lol: :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

My wife, also, was once not in favor or firearms. Mostly she just didn't grow up around them. Then one day when she was in the mall with my eldest in a stroller some really stupid fellow tried to grab the kid. He learned a valuable lesson, "NEVER MESS WITH THE MOMMY".

After that she decided to learn about firearms and has carried since.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Are these "easy to rack" 380's all locked breach guns? I have a blowback 380 (Beretta 84F) and it has a pretty stout recoil spring making it stiff to rack. I always thought a locked breach 380 would be superior but 30 years ago I don't think many (if any) were made.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.