Working in the Office today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Working in the Office today

Post by JimT »

Sorted out the rest of the 30-30 brass. These are all headstamped R-P. Got them all cleaned up, trimmed and primed ... ready to load. That case trimmer head with the neck trimmer really speeds things up ... as does running the thing with the electric drill. :D

Yes. It's old. So am I.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Working in the Office today

Post by Bronco »

I just love the three way cutters by RCBS. Trimming brass is my least favorite thing about reloading.
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Bronco wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:23 pm I just love the three way cutters by RCBS. Trimming brass is my least favorite thing about reloading.
Yeah ... cutting the brass can be a pain ... BUT .. I like the way they load when everything is finished. :D
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jim, nice day at work for sure. I'm with Bronco -- trimming brass is my least favorite thing. I had a Lyman trimmer that drove me nuts. Bought the Hornady hand-cranked, only to find it won't accept RCBS or Lee shellholders. I said some words that I am going to have to "splain" to Papa God .... :cry:
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:35 pm Jim, nice day at work for sure. I'm with Bronco -- trimming brass is my least favorite thing. I had a Lyman trimmer that drove me nuts. Bought the Hornady hand-cranked, only to find it won't accept RCBS or Lee shellholders. I said some words that I am going to have to "splain" to Papa God .... :cry:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

JimT,

What is your "trim to" length? I have my Redding trimmer set to it and have forgotten.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

J Miller wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:06 am JimT,

What is your "trim to" length? I have my Redding trimmer set to it and have forgotten.

Joe
I believe the setting is 2.029"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

JimT wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:52 am
J Miller wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:06 am JimT,

Joe
I believe the setting is 2.029"
Jim,
Thanks.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Somewhere along the line, I think a bunch of us musta read the same books on this stuff... I can't stand trimmin' brass either... love the drill driven one tho'... My son liked it even less, after jdad gave us a couple boxes... (like 1'x1'x1' size boxes) of .223... he went and bought the new RCBS trimmer with the dern near one-size fits all chuck and went to town swagin' primer pockets and trimmin'! Darn'ed if that Trimmer didn't mount up in the same holes as my old manual one! I might hate it when he moves out and takes his reloadin' niceties with him!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!