Another reason to love dogs

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Another reason to love dogs

Post by Bill in Oregon »

As if I needed any, at least in my case. They have been helping us hunt for 12,000 years.
And speaking of dogs, we need a fresh Parker thread, Gunny. 8)

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 6518301661
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another reason to love dogs

Post by GunnyMack »

Ok Bill !
Well we were so wet from 180 days of rain in '18 that my lawn looks like a barn yard. The girls have caused me a lot of work come spring! Winnie likes to grab Parker by the collar and hold her down. If Parker isn't covered in mud she is now covered with dust!
20190117_140125-800x600.jpg
Now its frozen and it's a dust bowl! I had to vacuum her to get most of it out of her coat!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

When I see our little 8.5 lb. dog standing guard at my side while I'm doing something I always laugh. As if she could really stop anyone from doing whatever they want? She can't even bark, as she just doesn't bark at anything except a rare squirrel. Yet there she is standing between me and whatever she considers a threat, as if she'd try to if it came to that.

Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Gunny, Parker is all grown up isn't she? :D
Vall, I never had small dogs until recent years, and they sure are convinced they punch well above their weight class, aren't they?
Is yours Havanese? Shi Tzu?
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:23 am As if I needed any, at least in my case. They have been helping us hunt for 12,000 years....
Check this out Bill...

Enjoy! :wink:

Old No7

( Click on image to enlarge )
We Were Wolves Once....jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes Bill, Parker is almost 17 months old. She is taller than her mother, 62 lbs. But she has little focus. When playing fetch she will stop to sniff or grab a stick or chase tweety birds. However when her bell goes on she does pay attention knowing it's time to hunt. A lot to learn yet but she is pointing and retrieving so I can deal with the lack of focus. I sure do miss her as a puppy though!

Had a Jack Russell, talk about a nepololian complex! You want that bear trees? Ok I'm on it! 4 hours later he is hoarse, tree half chewed through but that bear was still in that tree!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:23 am As if I needed any, at least in my case. They have been helping us hunt for 12,000 years.
And speaking of dogs, we need a fresh Parker thread, Gunny. 8)

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 6518301661
Two things:

(1) There aren't any photo examples of supposed 'ancient' dogs. What good is a dog article without a picture of a dog?

(2) For having been domesticated in the Levant so long ago, a large portion of the current population in that region despises dogs with religious fervor. That just tells me that some human bloodlines have ALWAYS bred evil, inhuman, murdering bastids.

:o :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

FW, some in Muslim lands feel compelled to see dogs as "unclean." They are missing out for sure.
As to the love dogs are capable of, a friend said this:

"Stuff your wife and your Golden Retriever in the trunk of the car for four hours and see which one is glad to see you when you open the trunk."

:lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

56361524-2116-4781-A5CE-0A760043543D.JPG
One of my college instructors used to say he was going home to kiss the dog beat the wife and kick the cat.

But yet the Muslim society do unspeakable things to donkeys, goats, sheep and dogs are unclean!?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Resized_Screenshot_20181217-223639.jpeg
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

AJMD429 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:17 pm Resized_Screenshot_20181217-223639.jpeg
We've got 5 of the bottom panel. Well one dumps flower pots and then eats the pots.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

marlinman93 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:45 pm When I see our little 8.5 lb. dog standing guard at my side while I'm doing something I always laugh.
Hey Marlinman! We both like old nice guns, old classic cars, and the same breed of dogs. Miss Apple is the black version of Shih Tzu. :D ---6

Model A Uzi’s
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Anybody like LABS ? ? ?

This is a good one! :wink:

Old No7

( Click image to enlarge )
Know Your Labs.jpg
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My favorite
D9B27F74-BB08-4203-8913-C44DD2A635EC.PNG
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:50 am
marlinman93 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:45 pm When I see our little 8.5 lb. dog standing guard at my side while I'm doing something I always laugh.
Hey Marlinman! We both like old nice guns, old classic cars, and the same breed of dogs. Miss Apple is the black version of Shih Tzu. :D ---6

Yeah I think they must come from similar breeds? Was told by the vet that the Chin was bred in Japan to try to make a miniature Springer Spaniel. They kinda missed on the muzzle I think! Our last dog was a Springer, and I had a Springer as a kid. I'd love another, but this little gal might be heart broken if we got competition for her.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tomorrow will be Claro's 6th birthday. Seems like just yesterday that she took her first breath. What a joy having litters!
B16559CF-EC69-4A1E-BBBA-D172161370B4.JPG
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

These were my two small guys, before the divorce. I sure miss these toots. Oskar, on the bottom, was half Shi Tzu, half Havanese/King Charles Cavalier. Theo, top, was half miniature poodle, half Pom.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Odie is my good buddy....
65# Lap dog... :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV