Marlin 30TK

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Marlin 30TK

Post by wm »

Not mine or any connection to me ……. I'm just a messenger. Or enabler if that's the way you see it.

Anyway if you have a hankering for a straight grip Marlin 336 this might be your opportunity. Its a parts kit with everything but receiver.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/795568332

Marlin made the Model 30TK for only 3 years, from 1988 to 1990.

Wm.
1894c

Re: Marlin 30TK

Post by 1894c »

this is interesting...thanks for sharing... :)
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Before I clicked on the link, I was suspecting the gun went through a fire, and while not burned, it had been subjected to too much heat of an unknown temp.

But the parts look pretty clean and unmolested, so that's not it...

I don't need another Marlin...

I don't need another project..

I don't need another Marlin project...

Oh Lord, help me! :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

The seller is an outfit that is contracted by law enforcement agencies to dispose of guns that have ended up in property rooms …… confiscated from poachers, taken in drug raids, unclaimed after suicides, etc.

They separate the receivers and destroy them and sell the remaining parts.

Yeah ….. I know …… better that they should auction off the complete firearm but law, public opinion, mandates, etc are what they are.

Anyway no fire, perhaps some neglect and rough handling but still a lot of life.

Wm.