I think I'm on the hill...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: I think I'm on the hill...

Post by piller »

Paladin wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:40 am Ok, I don't feel so bad now. 26 years on jump status with my last jump at the age of 47 in Africa during a combat tour. My last combat trip to Afghanistan (from where I joined this site) in my mid-fifties where I hunted bomb makers. A few scars from getting shot, blown up, and surgeries (two for cancer). Not as fast and overweight as I was but still functioning in my 60's. I still get to wear body armor and gunbelts and am required to qual with a rifle, shotgun, and sidearm for a job where I donate my time to help the community when I am not hunting.
Africia c.jpg
A priest in Ennis, TX spent over 20 years on jump status as Chaplain to Div Arty at Ft. Bragg. His name is Father Frank Drozd. He earned Master Blaster wings. You never know unless the one who has BTDT tells you.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
mav
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mav »

I worked 35 years in commercial building construction (carpenter). Elbows and knees started to bother me toward the end. Started a new career, land surveying, at age 55. I hope to work as long as I am able. I am a firm believer in inertia, i.e., keep moving. ;-)
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

From my former Battalion, surgeon and I do feel a difference when I don't take them for more than three days.
Antioxidants:
Vitamin C 1000 milligrams
Vitamin A (water soluble beta-carotene) 10,000 units
Vitamin E 400 units
CoQ10 50 milligrams
selenium (for your prostate) 200 micrograms

For your joints
Glucosamine/MSM/Chondroitin 1 capsule
Calcium (in the form of generic antacid tablets) 750 milligrams

For your brain
Gingko Biloboa 60 milligrams
Omega-3 Fatty Acids 1000 milligrams

For sleep if you need it:
Melatonin ( 1/4 of a 3.0 milligram tablet or) 0.75 milligrams

This will not make you young again, but it will make the aging process a little easier on you...

Dr. Mike
It is not the critic who counts
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

A suggestion is to take the vitamin E in the natural version. It is better absorbed and causes fewer issues if you happen to have difficulty breaking it down. The vitamin C may be better split into 500 mg breakfast and supper. It is excreted out by your kidneys if you do not need it.

I cannot take the Gingko Biloba anymore. It makes me nauseated ever since I had gall stones. No real idea why.

MSM may cause you to be hexed by halitosis. In susceptible individuals, it works well to keep children away from you by several feet due to the smell. As far as what it does, it is reputed to be a non-steroidal pain reliever without one iota of scientific evidence.
D. Brian Casady
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Things will be better in the end. If it's not better it's not the end.

I be 62 shortly. Recently found out I have spinal stenosis. It causes the legs to go numb if I stand too long. Sometimes sitting too long causes the legs to be weak when I get up. I already had a shoulder replaced. knees and hips are next.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Paladin wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:40 am Ok, I don't feel so bad now. 26 years on jump status with my last jump at the age of 47 in Africa during a combat tour. My last combat trip to Afghanistan (from where I joined this site) in my mid-fifties where I hunted bomb makers. A few scars from getting shot, blown up, and surgeries (two for cancer). Not as fast and overweight as I was but still functioning in my 60's. I still get to wear body armor and gunbelts and am required to qual with a rifle, shotgun, and sidearm for a job where I donate my time to help the community when I am not hunting.
Africia c.jpg
You joined here while on tour in Afghanistan? Was you that depressed?

N :wink:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

BlaineG wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:04 pm
FWiedner wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:25 pm I mean really... What, exactly is the evolutionary advantage of having hair in your ears?

:?
Men are alloted a certain amount of hair that they always have. When it stops growing on your head, it has to come out someplace else or your head explodes and you become a Liberal.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

FWiedner wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:25 pm I mean really... What, exactly is the evolutionary advantage of having hair in your ears?

Ear hair developed when cave men started getting married. "Ugg, wipe your feet before you come into this cave". "Ugg, did you take out the dinosaur bones like I told you?". "Ugg, is that the only skin you have to wear?". "Ugg, go kill a mammoth, my mother is coming to stay with us". Ear hair is a defense against nagging...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

mikld wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:48 am

Ear hair developed when cave men started getting married. "Ugg, wipe your feet before you come into this cave". "Ugg, did you take out the dinosaur bones like I told you?". "Ugg, is that the only skin you have to wear?". "Ugg, go kill a mammoth, my mother is coming to stay with us". Ear hair is a defense against nagging...
Not in my house, she make me shave it off so she don't have to shout so hard!

N :(
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Plottman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Plottman »

Thanks to you all, my 40s were good, my 60s are like everyone else's, but I did enjoy your comments, thanks for starting it Nath.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Plottman wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:22 pm Thanks to you all, my 40s were good, my 60s are like everyone else's, but I did enjoy your comments, thanks for starting it Nath.
Don't blame me, I started nothin'.

:)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

also OP worth considering USA, UK, Canada are some of the fattest cutlures on earth. :D A lot of the 1st world are skinnier and more active peoples. You cant beat age in the end but you might find a danish, swedish, french group gives you different viewpoints. I spent time talking with euro hunters back when i was into big gsme rifles. I can't say whether they have more or less medical problems but they tend to be more upbeat about getting old and staying fit.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

They also value their workers. American companies may claim they are interested in your health and then work their salaried employees 12 to 14 hours without a meal or a break of any kind.
D. Brian Casady
Camel73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Camel73 »

My first child - '94 30-30
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Camel73 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:39 pm Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Three years ago retired from being a Heavy Equipment mechanic for almost 40 years. Married a younger woman, bought an Indian motorcycle, go to the gym and beat myself hard 3 times a week, got a job teaching at risk kids in a High School, having a great time. Yeah, it hurts, have Psoriatic Arthritis but absolutely will not let the pain stop me.

Don