Savage Arms Stevens 320 Security 12ga ..... Anyone with first hand experience?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Savage Arms Stevens 320 Security 12ga ..... Anyone with first hand experience?

Post by wm »

These are imported by Savage from Sun City Manufacturing of China. They are a combat or tactical or cruiser or whatever you want to call shotguns meant for social work as opposed to hunting. They come with dual action bars, ghost ring sights, heat shield, synthetic stocks with matching forearms. And a dealer I will be passing by in my travels next month is selling them for 170.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/794184214

I feel pretty confident in the Mossberg 500 and Remington 870 I've relied on for 30 years and honestly my go to bad times shotgun is a Baikal manufactured coach gun but I thought that is a pretty fair price and I will probably be losing one or two shotguns soon as my sons are getting to be that age (21 & 24).

Anyway just wondered if anyone here could say how they have held up. On line reviews have been positive but I really wonder how they hold up 3 or 4 hundred rounds past new.

Wm
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Savage Arms Stevens 320 Security 12ga ..... Anyone with first hand experience?

Post by GunnyMack »

Dual action bars says it all. Got lots of pump with dual. I'm not familiar with the gun but for the money can ya really go wrong?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: Savage Arms Stevens 320 Security 12ga ..... Anyone with first hand experience?

Post by Pisgah »

No experience with the Savage, but I did buy a Chinese Remington 870 clone that is a darned nice shotgun. Takes all 870 accessories except barrels, and I added a mag extension and heat shield to mine. $200, and well worth it.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I'd be fairly confident that Savage/Stevens would stand behind those guns. Pretty good company in my experience.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Something to consider when buying goods made in China. When I was a kid cheap junk was MADE IN JAPAN. Retailers went to Japan and asked for products they could sell at a price point with no regard as to quality. Now the country has shifted. They began doing the same thing in China when labor costs went up in Japan. In time Japan began making some very high quality goods. We are seeing the same thing now happen with China. I saw a few years ago in a music store they were selling a BLUEGRASS brand guitar. It was an exact copy of a Martin and sounded as good too. That was when I thought to my self the better quality products are now right around the corner.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.