Cartridge Case Annealer

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Cartridge Case Annealer

Post by Mainehunter »

I've been wanting to purchase one for quite sometime. Just got enough cash saved up and leaning towards Giraud because of being automated. Can feed a few hundred cases in the hoper and let it run. The other thing that really interests me I can convert it to a flameless coil-induction unit but have read mixed reviews because of the coil burning out prematurely. There are other induction coils I can get that are water fed, keeps the temps down. I do have a 30 gallon water tank with an injection pump for my TIG welder that I can probably convert it temporarily. Does anyone have the Giraud case annealer? Just curious how you like or dislike yours? Thanks!

Mainehunter
oldAG
Levergunner

Re: Cartridge Case Annealer

Post by oldAG »

Started with a Ken Light unit - 2x gas burners. OK, but now use an A.M.P. induction unit. I feed it manually but there is an auto-feed available. Very fast, and programmed for pretty much any cartridge case. If that wasn't good enough, it's also able to calibrate for your cases. Worth checking out - I won't be going back to gas.
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

oldAG wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:39 am Started with a Ken Light unit - 2x gas burners. OK, but now use an A.M.P. induction unit. I feed it manually but there is an auto-feed available. Very fast, and programmed for pretty much any cartridge case. If that wasn't good enough, it's also able to calibrate for your cases. Worth checking out - I won't be going back to gas.
That's pretty cool it can be calibrated to a specific case. There's a guy at the gun club has the A.M.P. and he swears by it!

Mainehunter
oldAG
Levergunner

Post by oldAG »

Even Brownells are stocking them now. https://www.brownells.com/reloading/cas ... 22084.aspx
Go here for all the info'.