I wonder what shot down this missile...?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I wonder what shot down this missile...?

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/x4wL4lbwwNU

Is the guy crazy, or do the powers-that-be want to keep the citizens calm by censoring things if necessary...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: I wonder what shot down this missile...?

Post by Sixgun »

Doc,
I'm one of the very few who absolutely do not believe in life forms from another world visiting us in any way. I believe there is life outside of Earth but Earth has never been host to any extra terrestrial life forms or machinery.

Count Sixula
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

It was swamp gas.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

My money is on Paco and a 30/30 with a mix of bullseye and some questionable surplus powder!!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

Summer of 1967 my father & brother & I were sitting outside late night in Idaho, watching for satellites to come over above us.
Saw one come up out of the south, just like normal.
Normal speed, normal brightness.

This one kept on in a straight northerly track till it got roughly above us, and then it stopped.
It didn't burn out, it didn't go above clouds, nothing. It just stopped.

After about 5 minutes it suddenly zoomed rapidly east & out of sight in seconds.

It had no colored lights, like an airplane.
It was way up, and it looked just like a satellite does, a bright pinpoint of slow-moving light among the stars.

We had nothing then that could hover that high up, and it travelled east faster than any jet I've seen at altitude.

That small incident made a believer out of me.
No satellite or aircraft we had could travel that slowly, stop abruptly, remain in place, and then suddenly zoom off at a 90-degree angle, that high.

You might look up James Penniston.
Read his story about his experience in England.
I knew him, worked with him in the Air Force at a base not far from where his encounter occurred after I rotated home.

He was solid.
Not a crackpot.

I believe every word he said.
Denis
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My dad had his pilots license before he could buy a car. He flew all kinds of fixed wing, mail, medevac, floats, skis, from piper cub to Boeing 757. Having spent 27 years as a commercial pilot for Eastern Airlines it was common the pilots saw lots of unexplained things. They didnt report it to the FAA because it was just pushed into a file and forgotten. Do UFOs exist? Lots of people have seen lots of strange things , kinda like bigfoot... until I see physical evidence I dont know.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Lots of pilot sightings. Must be something. Lots of other evidence.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The universe is too large for us to be alone. Mathematically, the theory of evolution is stuff. Something must be out there. I don't know for certain, but I believe just as those who worship the theory of evolution believe.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

This is going to turn into a very interesting thread........

My son, who is an railroad engineer for the U.P. In Colorado regularly travels the rails at nighttime far far away from civilization. He tells me he sees all kinds of stuff that don't make sense and is a firm believer on UFO's. While elk hunting in the middle of nowhere, somewhere 20 miles west of Kremling I've noticed the night is a whole lot different than it is here in the East and I've seen some strange stuff. I will not believe.

I believe our government and other governments has secret programs with strange aircraft.

Think....you are from a world 100 light years from 🌏 so your cruising around a mile above Earth at 500 mph after you got here doing 20 billion mph. O.K......your soooooo advanced that your "people" figured out how to go a million times the speed of light and your just going to hover around and take a "look see? Hell no, your going to make some kind of contact in a serious way for ALL to know, not just a couple of guys camping in the woods or some cat doing some LSD overlooking the lights of LA.

I believe there is a scientific answer to everything....maybe science we don't understand, but.....they will contact us.---The Count

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

One evening back in 1966 or1967 a girlfriend and I were sat on a bench in a park in Birmingham UK, we saw two red lights in the sky traveling side by side. They then stopped and went in different directions and altitudes within a wide circle over the city, we watched them for several minutes, we heard no noise from them but from the opposite direction we heard jet engines. The two red lights went back to being side by side and took off at tremendous speed, as the disappeared two jet fighters flying low and side by side flew around the exact area the red lights had been, then the fighters flew back the way they had come.
Later I worked with a guy who saw the same thing, I never did see any report of this in local or national news papers.
Whatever these red lights were, I know of no such aircraft that could hover, accelerate at such fantastic speed and make no noise.
By the way six, I hadn't even had a beer.... :shock:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My theory is WE are a Petri dish experiment for THEM. They put us here and are just checking in every once in a while. There is evidence from thousands of years back of strange beings, whether pictographs on cave walls or the Nazga lines there is more to it for sure.

I sure miss the DARKNESS of the higher altitude of CO.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

It was a test by Atari of Space Invaders game.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

As I read this thread i am hearing the theme song of the twilight zone television series.

The questions are :

Am I insane because I am hearing it ?

Or.....

Is the reason that you cannot hear it is because you are almost deaf ?
m.A.g.a. !
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

marlinman93 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:45 pmIt was a test by Atari of Space Invaders game.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I don't know. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it cause there is nothing I can do about it.
I fear the aliens less than the government that would lie and cover it up.
If I see an alien, or a bigfoot, I will shuck my old .45 and give you guys the proof. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It seems like with all these 'sighting' type things, there are only a few possibilities:

a) the person made the whole thing up for whatever reason (crazy, book promo, etc.)
b) the person saw something real - but it was an ordinary thing that just looked strange
c) the person saw something real - but it was just some military stuff that officially "doesn't exist yet"
d) the person saw something real - and it was something from another civilization

I figure some of them are surely 'a', but in many cases quite a few diverse people saw the same thing, so that means at least some of the events are 'b', 'c', or 'd'.

Lots of them are probably 'b' - reflections off of balloons, the neighbor-kids' drone, or whatever, but the experienced and educated and military types aren't likely to make that mistake, which leaves 'c' or 'd'.

I'm quite sure there is LOTS of military technology the big four or five nations have that isn't known to the general public, or even to their ordinary military personnel (actually I strongly hope this is the case, and was reassured by the author of Single Harness who I happened to meet). We've certainly done much of that ourselves. So that means 'c' is probably the cause of MOST of the strange stuff.

For the "Rendlesham Forest Incident", for instance, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to think it was simply a drone of some sort, the way it was described. Of course the military would deny it. This ICBM test getting shot down could have been being shot down by something WE were testing that "didn't exist yet", although that's easier to believe with the lasers than the extreme high-speed acrobatic gymnastics described.

That leaves SOME of them possibly 'd', although that is the one that gives us the most heebie-jeebies; even though many of us think there is likely 'intelligent life elsewhere', the thought of them observing us, much less doing things to us' is kind of creepy. What is the intent, and what are their capabilities...? Obviously if they can travel the distances we think they'd have to travel, they have some fancy technology, and if they wanted to harm us, it would seem incredibly easy if they have mastered that degree of energy harnessing. If they are really 'out there' and are observing us, they evidently aren't particularly inclined to exterminate us. Who knows - maybe they all live underground and only come up once in awhile stealthily, so they are better at mining than interstellar travel.

Anyway, it is interesting. I wonder how many generations from now it will be before some definitive, open 'contact' occurs...
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:49 pm One evening back in 1966 or1967 a girlfriend and I were sat on a bench in a park in Birmingham UK, we saw two red lights in the sky traveling side by side. They then stopped and went in different directions and altitudes within a wide circle over the city, we watched them for several minutes, we heard no noise from them but from the opposite direction we heard jet engines. The two red lights went back to being side by side and took off at tremendous speed, as the disappeared two jet fighters flying low and side by side flew around the exact area the red lights had been, then the fighters flew back the way they had come.
Later I worked with a guy who saw the same thing, I never did see any report of this in local or national news papers.
Whatever these red lights were, I know of no such aircraft that could hover, accelerate at such fantastic speed and make no noise.
John that's easy to explain!
67 was the year I was born so celestial powers were all unbalanced and upset anyway.
The second point is you were in a park with a young lady in the sixties at night! No way way we're you studying the celestial wonders!!
The third point is, what ever they were they were only doing what comes naturally to many of us and trying to avoid Birmingham! The vehicles chasing were simply trying to bring them back!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK, I've had enough. I decided to spill my guts like no one else has.

In 1997 I was upstate getting in the woods early before sunrise and a big saucer shaped thingy hovered over me then the next thing I know I was inside this "ship". They quizzed me about life on Earth and we're very grateful. They sent me back in the woods sitting next to the same tree they beamed me up from......and......for gratitude, they left me a case of ten 1886 Winchesters and 10 Colt single actions, all from the 1890 period. All were fully engraved and gold inlaid. They texted me the next day to tell me they are from our sister planet and their year was 1891.

Got a call from them just last week and said their planet was full of disease and pestilence and everyone was dying and warned me to tell our chief not to send anymore Mexican migrants or the smelly ones with rags on their head.----Coumt Sixula

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:57 am OK, I've had enough. I decided to spill my guts like no one else has.

In 1997 I was upstate getting in the woods early before sunrise and a big saucer shaped thingy hovered over me then the next thing I know I was inside this "ship". They quizzed me about life on Earth and we're very grateful. They sent me back in the woods sitting next to the same tree they beamed me up from......and......for gratitude, they left me a case of ten 1886 Winchesters and 10 Colt single actions, all from the 1890 period. All were fully engraved and gold inlaid. They texted me the next day to tell me they are from our sister planet and their year was 1891.

Got a call from them just last week and said their planet was full of disease and pestilence and everyone was dying and warned me to tell our chief not to send anymore Mexican migrants or the smelly ones with rags on their head.----Coumt Sixula
:lol: I knew you had been probed! :lol:
Last edited by Nath on Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I do not believe you Six, why you ask?
Well I know you don't have a cell phone so how could they text you? :D

Oh and OW- good point to not trust that tell us 'we are here to help you' !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nath wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:43 am
gamekeeper wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:49 pm One evening back in 1966 or1967 a girlfriend and I were sat on a bench in a park in Birmingham UK, we saw two red lights in the sky traveling side by side. They then stopped and went in different directions and altitudes within a wide circle over the city, we watched them for several minutes, we heard no noise from them but from the opposite direction we heard jet engines. The two red lights went back to being side by side and took off at tremendous speed, as the disappeared two jet fighters flying low and side by side flew around the exact area the red lights had been, then the fighters flew back the way they had come.
John that's easy to explain!
67 was the year I was born so celestial powers were all unbalanced and upset anyway.
The second point is you were in a park with a young lady in the sixties at night! No way way we're you studying the celestial wonders!!
The third point is, what ever they were they were only doing what comes naturally to many of us and trying to avoid Birmingham! The vehicles chasing were simply trying to bring them back!

N.
All good points Nath :lol: what worried most was why aliens or Russians would be interested in Birmingham :!: :!: :!:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:57 am OK, I've had enough. I decided to spill my guts like no one else has.

I got took! All they gave me was a cup of some funny tasting coffee they called Starbucks? I thought it was something from outer space?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

All demonic activity or if faked same thing got to be a sick evil person to do such things. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The universe is an unimaginably big place and we are incredibly small organisms living on a curious ball of mud at some point within it.

It is pure ego to assume that ours is the only life and that our fleck of cosmic debris is somehow favored among all others.

Human minds are relatively simple, and even the most brilliant and sophisticated man is only a natural disaster away from throwing a virgin into a volcano and then rationalizing that it might please the 'gods'.

People see things that they don't understand and then they try to make sense of what they've seen. Many times it's straight-forward, and occasionally it's over their head.

IMO, UFO's are rather like seeing 'faces' in the bushes, in a carpet or wallpaper pattern, or on a piece of toast. There's a pattern, but it's not what you think it is.

That said, the numbers favor the possibility of extraterrestrial life. The odds of it being intelligent life are as good as the chance of our our own existence and development. The odds of such life being more advanced or more intelligent than human life are as good as the odds of a middle-aged man knowing more about life and his environment than a child in preschool might.

If they exist, do they know about us, and do they visit? Who knows.

It brings to mind those bygone days when my children were smallish and I used to drive them around to different neighborhoods to help them understand how different peoples live and why they would be well-advised to get a good education.

:lol:
Last edited by FWiedner on Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well said FWiedner......

Lets pretend there was a huge bet coming up and the bet was your either going to continue with your life if you win, along with a billion dollars....or go to the Russian Gulag if you lose, and the definitive answer was coming in a week.....what would be the best odds that we could be given. There would not be one person in the world that would vote in favor of "being visited".....unless you were already in the Russian Gulag.

Nath and Gamekeeper......YOU GUYS belong over here....so leave the Land of Limes and embark to the States..... :D ....just don't bring the mayor of London with ya.----The Count

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Nath and Gamekeeper......YOU GUYS belong over here....so leave the Land of Limes and embark to the States..... :D ....just don't bring the mayor of London with ya.----The Count
[/quote]

Just dont come in at the southern border! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Think I am going to have to go with personal reports of a WWII torpedo bomber pilot that flew with George Bush's squadron and an SR 71 regarding their encounters.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

"It brings to mind those bygone days when my children were smallish and I used to drive them around to different neighborhoods to help them understand how different peoples live and why they would be well-advised to get a good education."

That right there is funny and prophetic at the same time... :D

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

What are they? Beats me. But, on two different occasions I've watched, with another person, tiny points of light that were very, very high...stopped and started, back and forth all over the dark night sky. I'm dead serious.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Revelations chapter 12, verse 9 says;

So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Im with AJMD, I think there is tech the government is not revealing. Once upon a time in the 20th century every country was in a arms, technology and culture race. You discovered or invented something, it was more likely showed off to prove your country got their first. Now being globalised I think they are all in bed together and common folk only get told stuff on a need to know basis.

I recall when they started with directed energy riot weapons, that big microwave dish on humvees. Technically harmless, precisely activates the depth of nerves to cause pain and disperse crowds at 100yards+. Can't tell me they invented this and it fell off the production line just the right size and shape to fit to the vehicle and just the right setting to aggravate nerves? I guaranteed they worked that technology right up and down the scale before we got to see it. There is likely one that fits on trucks, one that fits on planes and probably a huge sucker on ships that do a lot more than just 'aggravate your nerve endings'...

I also believe in the chance there is something else out there. I hope so in fact. Its a scary thought to me we are the only intelligent life because we aint overly smart.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Then there are those italian religious paintings with what looks like men sitting on saucers.

With the exception of genesis chapter 18 all of the other angelic/human encounters seem to scare the snot and tears out of the earthlings. So what about their appearance was so frightening ?

Ray still hearing the theme music of the twilight zone.
m.A.g.a. !
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Ray wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:41 am Then there are those italian religious paintings with what looks like men sitting on saucers.

With the exception of genesis chapter 18 all of the other angelic/human encounters seem to scare the snot and tears out of the earthlings. So what about their appearance was so frightening ?

Ray still hearing the theme music of the twilight zone.
I bet if I mooned them they would be more frightened!
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Nath,
Please don't.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

AJMD,
I just got around to watching the video you posted to begin this thread(thanks) and enjoyed reading the many comments and interpretations.
You asked "Is the guy crazy, or do the powers-that-be want to keep the citizens calm by censoring things if necessary..."
There are many good reasons for our government and defense industry to keep certain things secret.

I once followed such reports and worked with folks that, developed top secret nuclear devices (the first atomic bombs) and reactors, flew top secret planes, launched rockets, sent research instruments to the moon, Mars, and deep space; the Voyager Series was one such series of probes.

This year we have photos of a crater of ice on Mars - BFD!
In the late 1960s(nearly 60 years ago), my UT college roommate undergraduate term project was to write a paper on collecting Mars snow/ice to melt into water; he got an A in the course.
One of the scientists at GRC for whom I wrote FORTRAN programs to analyze experimental results from Lunar instrumentation and deep space probes went on to the SDI project.
Another scientist there became an expert on cosmic rays and was able to help NASA figure how to protect living things in a spacecraft. He retired to Australia and used some of his knowledge to help mining companies find ore and oil companies find oil and gas deposits using information collected by earth orbiting satellites.

These are a few examples of why people and organizations try to keep some information secret; for national security and commercial profit. Without going off the deep end, has any one considered that the saucer -like craft could have been a US Military test of shooting down an enemy ICBM? The mind boggles at the number of possible explanations.

I am going hunting tomorrow to forget about such options and get some venison for the family freezers.

PS Thanks for providing a reason for a trip down Memory Lane.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

crs wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:18 am Nath,
Please don't.
:lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

A few years ago, there was a sighting around Waco. Someone was out hunting coyotes at night and observed the unidentified craft through his scope. He noticed "Not a step" stenciled on the craft. Everyone who ever was around military aircraft from about 1950 on will remember seeing those words stencilled on places where you should not step on military aircraft. It just encourages me to speculate that our Country has military aircraft which we know nothing about. I try to be open to the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, but I know for sure that our Government has some secrets they keep from us.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

" It just encourages me to speculate that our Country has military aircraft which we know nothing about. "

ME TOO + MANY OTHER THINGS .
FOR INSTANCE, THE US NAVY HAS ALREADY PLACED LASER CANNON IN SERVICE ON SOME SHIPS. :shock:

HOW LONG MIGHT THOSE HAVE BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT AND TEST?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

This is a great thread, love it.

I do not disbelieve the possibilities of other planets with intelligent life on them, but I don't believe they'd bother with us as we are just not that sophisticated as a race.

What I do know is that I've spent many years in the desert at night and day and never seen a UFO, or a big foot or really anything weird. I know people who have, but not me.
I have a book given to me by my dad many summers ago that has pics of some weird military experimental aircraft. One of which looks like a flying saucer. With enough av-gas I'm sure it could do many of the maneuvers people see UFO's do.

That's my story and I'ma stickin to it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

J Miller wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:53 am This is a great thread, love it.

I do not disbelieve the possibilities of other planets with intelligent life on them, but I don't believe they'd bother with us as we are just not that sophisticated as a race.

What I do know is that I've spent many years in the desert at night and day and never seen a UFO, or a big foot or really anything weird. I know people who have, but not me.
I have a book given to me by my dad many summers ago that has pics of some weird military experimental aircraft. One of which looks like a flying saucer. With enough av-gas I'm sure it could do many of the maneuvers people see UFO's do.

That's my story and I'ma stickin to it.

Joe
Actually now you mention it I think the Nazis had strange saucer prototypes IIRC.
Hollywood has them too.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!