This could save money....in the long run

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

This could save money....in the long run

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/BCAtIi_uLA8

Pellets are so much cheaper.

Amazing accuracy at 50 and 100 yards. Beats most 22 LR's I've owned.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Re: This could save money....in the long run

Post by 765x53 »

The pellets used in the video are $12.00/200. About the same price as .22 long rifles.
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

I started to loose interest when he mentioned $2200.00 for the cheaper model of the gun.

I have an 8 pounder of Reddot powder and 8 K of S&B primers that I paid about $320 for.
Then there is the 5 gal bucket of wheel weights that a fellow gave me for helping him put his gun back together.
A new Lee bullet mould can be had for 22 bucks.
This all adds up to a metric buttload of ammo and we are not even close to the cost of the airgun.

Jack
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

765x53 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:17 am The pellets used in the video are $12.00/200. About the same price as .22 long rifles.
Wow....I didn't catch that.

Amazing long range accuracy though. I thought air rifles were only good out to 25 yards or so.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Doc, the best of the modern air rifles keep pushing the range envelope.
A much more affordable option is a Marauder from Benjamin. I had one in .25 and it was eerily accurate -- and quiet.
Pellet prices range widely and so does quality. I have had great luck with the various JSBs from Czechoslovakia.

https://www.pyramydair.com/a/Ammo/109/calibers_0_22
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

You don't have to shoot those super expensive pellets in a high end air rifle to get very good accuracy, but it does make them even more accurate. I used cheap pellets in my Anschutz air rifle for practice and plinking, and it got excellent accuracy. Of course for serious shooting I use good quality, but that wasn't a steady diet of those.
These high end air rifles aren't cheap when purchased new, but are much cheaper used. My Anchutz cost $2300 new, but I gave $1350 used in like new condition, and got the scuba tank to fill it tossed in on the deal.
They make an excellent gun to shoot during the off season and keep your shooting skills honed. But even less expensive models are pretty accurate, and also help keep your skills up. You can purchase a pretty decent Benjamin or Gamo for around $100 that will do a good job of keeping your shooting skills honed.
I have a Gamo Whisper also that shoots .177 pellets at 1300 fps. It was $125 with an inexpensive scope. I shot it a lot, and finally put a better spare scope I had on it. Pretty cheap fun, and Crossman Premium grade .177 pellets are under $5 per 250 tin.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Had to go check my supply of pellets after this post. Realized I was pretty low and ordered 3 tins of Crossman Premium pointed .177's!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/