Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Re: End of the Bump Stocks

Post by jdad »

Binary triggers are next.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

i guess if they outlaw a lot of doodads, I guess on only outlaws will own them. I have a friend who has a friend that is a machinist that made a switch for his ar that made it shoot fully auto. he does not have it mark on the lower either, so, if you don't about it if he lets you shoot it, and switch is positioned to full auto, you will dump a thirty rd mag pretty fast. i have seen the ar personally, just never have shot it yet.. I would love to shoot one of those electric gatling machine guns at least once before I die. Can you say 2000 to 6000 rds in about a minute?.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The problem isn't that we can't get along without bump-stocks or binary triggers - the problem is the precedent it sets - that things can be banned because someone might misuse them. It is one thing to prohibit nuclear weapons or possession of anthrax, but even prohibiting full-auto firearms is not really in accordance with the intent of the Second Amendment.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

What AJMD said +1.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

After Prohibition, a law was passed that explicitly said that once a product has been legalized by the government, and then made it illegal, they have to compensate the owners of the product that was made illegal.

Bump stocks were made legal , by definition , by the Obama administration and now they are illegal. WTF'?

That means if the car you are driving, after passing every safety test by the Feds IS Ok'ed by them, then somewhere along the line the Feds get a bug up their azz about the manufacturer, come up with a bs reason for making the car illegal. The FEDS HAVE TO COMPENSATE.

I could give a pelosi about bump stocks but it sets a very dangerous precedent.

THEY JUST CANT MAKE SOMETHING LEGAL ONE DAY, BY DEFINITION, AND THE NEXT DAY MAKE IT ILLEGAL WITHOUT FAIR COMPENSATION.

That's the pelosi they do in communist countries.---The Count
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

When Jack is right he is right. He is 100 percent correct on this one. Anybody with an AR ever hook their thumb in their belt loop when firing well it does pretty much the same thing as the bump stock. They gonna outlaw belt loops next? Gotta admit this is the first time I have been really disappointed in President Trump.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:56 pm The problem isn't that we can't get along without bump-stocks or binary triggers - the problem is the precedent it sets - that things can be banned because someone might misuse them. It is one thing to prohibit nuclear weapons or possession of anthrax, but even prohibiting full-auto firearms is not really in accordance with the intent of the Second Amendment.
Absolutely true. I could care less about bump stocks or binary trigger or for that matter AR's in general. Even still I don't think any of them should be banned.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Deal making for the wall.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Making a deal with the Devil never works out for you.

We need to outlaw the ASSault journalists. They spit out more words per minute than should be allowed by law. The First Amendment does not specifically mention Journalists, so they are not protected.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I don't care about numerous firearm types, but I'll defend anyone's right to own them if they want to. The fact that so many gun owners sit idly by, or even support bans of weapons they don't ever care to own is one reason these bans pass with no trouble.
I would never own a bump stock, as I don't see a reason to. But I'd fight for others who do own them and want to keep them. This ban is one of those "feel good" bans that makes antigunners excited, and the general non gun public feel safer. Does anyone really think the same thing couldn't happen with a fixed stock AR15? If they are allowed to make such bans, and it doesn't stop the violence, then they'll tell us they just need to ban something else. Just one little pin arrogant idiot until enough of them makes us bleed to death.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

piller wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:52 am Making a deal with the Devil never works out for you.

We need to outlaw the ASSault journalists. They spit out more words per minute than should be allowed by law. The First Amendment does not specifically mention Journalists, so they are not protected.
I didn't say I supported it, or thought it was a good idea. Just wondered if that was a possibility.
IMO, full auto in a hand held rifle is way overrated. That is GPMG territory. Some subguns, also.
That being said, I could care less if you want an RPG and some claymores to play with in the gravel pit.
If it's ok for the government, it must be ok for the people they work for.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

So since they fall under fed. law if they suspect you have one can they search without a warrant ?
I don`t have one just wondering.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

While ive never owned a bump stock nor ever wanted too...this terrifies me. They essentially reclassified an accessory to make it fit the definition of a machine gun....so whats next? Binary triggers, the evil 45 degree selectors, forward grips? You give these idiots an inch and they will tske the whole road. Im very very disappointed in our President, combine that with his caving on the border wall and stop gap budget.....kinda seems like he doesnt plan to run for re-election
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

OldWin wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:23 pm
piller wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:52 am Making a deal with the Devil never works out for you.

I didn't say I supported it, or thought it was a good idea. Just wondered if that was a possibility.
IMO, full auto in a hand held rifle is way overrated. That is GPMG territory. Some subguns, also.
That being said, I could care less if you want an RPG and some claymores to play with in the gravel pit.
If it's ok for the government, it must be ok for the people they work for.
Not pointed at you, or anyone else on this forum. I am worried that our president is making a deal with the Devil.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost