Boyds gun stocks ...... any opinions?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Boyds gun stocks ...... any opinions?

Post by wm »

I got chatting with nephew about his 450 Marlin 'problem' & he mentioned his other project which is resurrecting a Mauser from a sporterized mutilation and ruination. Bubba done goofed this one up royally.

Anyway he was looking at stocks and asked me about Boyds. I said I had good luck with a couple of them 20 years ago but I have not used one since. He said they had mixed reviews on line. Anyone have any advice I can pass a long?

Wm

P.S. Boyd's website. https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Boyds gun stocks ...... any opinions?

Post by GunnyMack »

I have used a couple different ones, a thumb hole for a Rem 700, guy didnt want it bedded. How it shoots I have no idea. I put a thumb hole stock and forend on my 870. Was real nice for scope use with slugs for deer hunting.

I have tried a few times to get Boyd's to do a ' special' cut for me but they will not cut model A for brand X and inlet it for brand C. So they aren't a real custom shop IMO. Their stuff is good though.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I have 3 or 4, very satisfied. Beware, the laminated stocks are hard as a rock, if you need to some sanding be prepared to spend some time at it. :D
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

My only experience with replacement stocks was with my Remington SPS left hand varmint rifle. I got a laminated thumbhole stock from Stocky's Rifle Stocks and the barreled action dropped right in and bolted up into the aluminum bed without a hitch. Give them a look:

https://www.stockysstocks.com/

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

I have about a half dozen thumbhole stocks for my Remingtons and Savage heavy barrel rifles. I have no complaints about the product.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Thanks Shasta. I will pass that along.

Wm
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

jnyork wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:15 am I have 3 or 4, very satisfied. Beware, the laminated stocks are hard as a rock, if you need to some sanding be prepared to spend some time at it. :D
Yep like sanding/filing concrete. I got a left hand thumbhole for a Savage Axis, good stock and good fit just too long in the thumb web for me.