I wonder what this gun is....?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I wonder what this gun is....?

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: I wonder what this gun is....?

Post by Pisgah »

My question is -- so what? 60,000 PSI (which is what 60 KSI is) is not an unusually high pressure for any number of rifle rounds, including 5.56, 7.62 NATO, .270 Win, etc., etc., etc.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm sure it will be much heavier and use batteries. :roll:
They are currently sending out infantry with too much weight. Often a hundred pounds or more.
A squad-level sniper with a 7.62 and scope can do that job...heck, you can buy the rifle at Cabelas...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It would be my guess they are/have developed a full polymer battle rifle to reduce weight.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:57 pm It would be my guess they are/have developed a full polymer battle rifle to reduce weight.
Including the action and bbl? Wow...that would really be something. 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Barrel no, but we have proven that polymer works for pistols so why not long guns.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I'm not an expert but it seems to me that self contained cartridge ammunition has reached a plateau in its development. Unless something revolutionary is developed in terms of materials or chemistry (propellant) you're not going to see anything startling. Not just revolutionary in terms of performance but economically feasible too. We can't afford to shoot people on a large scale with $20 (or more) a piece bullets.

Hell the top choice for sniper rifles, GP Machine guns, etc is the 7.62X51mm which is really nothing more then a 30-06 which was a extension of the 7X57mm which dates back to the early 1890s. The 9X19mm is just as old. The 10mm is nothing more then a rimless 38-40 WCF.

You get my point.

The field significant and real development is in targeting and optics. Just consider our current choices in scopes for sporting rifles. What was the very cutting edge of functionality and quality in telescopic sights in 2000 is now considered middle of the road to low end in 2019. The scope that cost you a weeks wages in 2000 now costs you a shift of OT.

Targeting is where the real advances are to be seen in the next 10 years.

Wm.

Just to prove my point the Navy/Marines are experimenting with using Marine corps vehicles on the elevators of amphibious assault ships to shoot at small speed boats because the targeting systems in the Marine vehicles are better at picking out and tracking those small fast targets.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/y ... -security/

“Can you get creative on it? I think you could. I can tell you I watched a MEU commander strap an LAV to the front of a flight deck because it had better sensors than the ship did to find small boats,” Marine Maj. Gen. David. W. Coffman said to audience members at the Hudson Institute in Washington Nov. 9.
Richardx
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Richardx »

I wish they would just talk to the end users of these weapons before they start trying to reinvent the wheel. See the M-14. M-16, M-4, (SA-80 for Nath & Gamekeeper) solving problems that had already been solved.