Man, is it snowing in NC

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
NC Long Rifle
Levergunner

Man, is it snowing in NC

Post by NC Long Rifle »

We've got about 9" of snow on the ground and it's packing it down. I know that's not much for some of you, but it is around here. I'm located in central north North Carolina very close to the Virginia border. No church today - called off! I"ll get the old H tractor fired up tomorrow and clear a path to the road. That will be fun...maybe. About 5 minutes ago the power flickered on and off. I don't have a generator, but we've survived without power up on this hill before. Once for 2 weeks. Jim Cantore from the weather channel is in Boone NC broadcasting. No doubt his weather is the worst of all in the state :lol:
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Man, is it snowing in NC

Post by 2ndovc »

Wow! We just drove through there on Tuesday, caught a bit of snow going through the mountains in VA and W. Virginia. Glad we missed the heavy stuff!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

NC Long Rifle wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:08 am
We've got about 9" of snow on the ground and it's packing it down.

I'm located in central North Carolina very close to the Virginia border.

I hope the state/municipality oval is up to snuff these days - it wasn't in the mid-60's, when I lived off-base (Ft/Bragg) there one Winter/Spring.

After a storm hit the area, leaving 1" snow overnite, that morning when I drove on base, I passed at least a dozen vehicles that had skidded off the roads, multiple crashes/accidents, etc, etc. :o

In my unit of about 20 men on the day shift, only the guys from up North (New England, mid-West, etc) showed up at all that day...….. :roll:

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’m in central Virginia , it started putting it down here at 11 AM , I was in my tree stand . I got back to the house for lunch took a nap and when I woke up we had 4-5” . A friend was bringing me two dozen Pheasents from a tower shoot today , so I hit the Deere out and plowed the driveway for him . After he got there I debreasted all the birds took them in and washed them up then put them in salt water to draw any blood . Made dinner ate then took the monsters out and where I plowed there was an additional 4” . Think I’ll be back out in my treestand tomorrow :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
NC Long Rifle
Levergunner

Post by NC Long Rifle »

Well, that system has finally cleared out. 17" of snow fell here. Lost power from 9pm to 2am last night. Today is a sunny day and is supposed to get into the low 40s. The patio awning on my mother's house fell in. That seems to be all the damage I can find. She's long gone on to glory and no one lives in the house anymore. l'll clean that mess up after the snow melts. My old H tractor cranked like it had good sense and did a good job on clearing my and the neighbor's drive. Life is good on the banks of the Dan River but I won't be having pheasant today 6pt-sika. I'm guessing most of the rest of won't be either. Lucky dog...
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

NC Long Rifle wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:38 pm Well, that system has finally cleared out. 17" of snow fell here. Lost power from 9pm to 2am last night. Today is a sunny day and is supposed to get into the low 40s. The patio awning on my mother's house fell in. That seems to be all the damage I can find. She's long gone on to glory and no one lives in the house anymore. l'll clean that mess up after the snow melts. My old H tractor cranked like it had good sense and did a good job on clearing my and the neighbor's drive. Life is good on the banks of the Dan River but I won't be having pheasant today 6pt-sika. I'm guessing most of the rest of won't be either. Lucky dog...
Most of that batch of Pheasents will be cooked 12/21/18 at the gunshop for Xmas Lunch along with a venison tenderloin wrapped in bacon .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

My Dad is in Danville and he got 8 to 10 inches. That pretty much shuts everything down in that area. Some areas just a bit north got 25".
The Lord Bless You

Terry