Livin' Large!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Livin' Large!!!

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Livin' Large!!!

Post by Blaine »

Life is truely wonderful after you retire and and pick and choose the people you want to be around. This forum is an exemplar of that idea.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Steve
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Amen, brother! Wife and I were married Nov 30, 1968. Celebrating our 50th anniversary this evening!!
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Vintage 1953 here. But feeling a bit older than my 65 years, I am afraid to confess. Can't beat the music or the cars, though!

8)
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I`m 64, the further back i could go the happier i was. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

77.7 here. Just got out of a 5 day hospital stay. That part of getting old sucks. I like life though.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Steve
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

'Shelby' Mustang Mach Ones.....
Dark Side of the Moon.....
Ruger Super Blachawks, and M-77's.....
Landing on the Moon.....
.....and.....
MiniSkirts.....!!!!! :shock: :o :D :twisted: 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Just wish I knew when I was in my twenties and thirties what I know now. ---6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I hated bell bottom jeans and those big wing collars. UGLY!!! A cousin had a '70 Mach 1 429 Boss. That was a hot car. Her husband raced cars some, and she raced on the roads. She had him do a little to it that should have made it no longer street legal, but the cops ignored her. No other female in town raced like she did at the time. I got to ride in it a couple of times and it was fun. Merry could really handle a car and she liked to keep her foot heavy on the gas pedal.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'm 51, and younger than most of you guys, but we tend to lag behind the times up here.
Had some buddies with muscle cars, but we were mostly into four wheeling and bikes.
The 70's saw the best stock equipment 4 wheel drives, but if you ain't afraid to spend cash and build it yourself, this is the golden age of wheeling.
For motorcycles, the 80's were best of times. Every manufacturer made huge numbers and styles of bikes.
Innovation made huge leaps, both on and off road. Best of all, they were affordable for most kids with a part time job.
The 70's and 80's were good times here.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old no1
Levergunner

Post by Old no1 »

I agree with ya Steve. I am 60, born in 1958. Sure wish I could a/would a held on to more items from that time like cars and guns etc. etc.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

If we all could go back in time we would end up super rich, but so would everyone else. Then who would do our roofing and work at the tire store? First, I would buy a old farm that had a good barn and storage buildings. Then I would hunt up old cars, trucks and motorcycles that I knew would become priceless classics for almost free!
My first three or four cars cost me fourty to a hundred dollars. A 42 studebaker, 46 chev, 50 studebaker starlight coupe etc. I owned a almost new condition harley dressers for $1,000 for a 1963 and $1,500 for a 1964. I bought a 1956 Piper Tri Pacer for $5,000 and a 1972 Citabria for $5,800. A 650 1958 Triumph T-110 MC for I think, $165, etc. My uncle came home from World War two, bought a couple acres and started a junk yard. Not as a main job, but as a hobby side job. Here is a picture of it. I went with him as a kid to get the cars and he probably got them for a average of $20 a piece! The picture is about 1954. What do you think those cars and parts would be worth today? It was just a hobby! Not only that, he was a life long bachelor and I was like a son to him. I could have had anything there for free! I just never asked and he did offer me a car or two several times.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I'm a '39 model, almost 80. I remember in '57 riding my '47 knuckle to the Indian dealer's to buy a new tire. The dealer tried to get me to buy a new Vincent Black Shadow he had left on the show room floor. About $950 and I had the money in the bib of my overalls. Just lacked the foresight. He told me to just buy it and put it away. Dummy me just bought old Colt SAAs. I just didn't buy enough of them.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

1964 I was working in west virginia. I seen a beautiful old Mercedes benz coupe, boxy like a model A with suicide doors. Cant recall the year or model but recall they were asking $800`s. I almost bought it but had no way to haul it home. It was on the street in some small town. I only seen another picture of one. It was many years ago in a ad in playboy magazine I think for some sound system that was installed in Bob Dylan's mercedes that was suppose to be worth a fortune even back then.
This picture looks similar.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... -Benz1.JPG
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I gave $1,500 for this 1964 Harley in about 1979. I kept it about two years and sold it for $2,500. Then about a year or two later I seen it in the paper and the guy I sold it to was asking $10,000! I had a couple other harleys or wouldn't have sold it. That little girl just had her 40th birthday a month ago!
I must be getting old.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXMJMZZm/7.jpg
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

In 1966 I gave $1,000 for this 1963 Harley. I figure I put over 100,000 miles on it and sold it about 1978 for about the same. Trouble is the poor guy I sold it to got killed on it shortly. I used to practically live on it. Point is if you buy right, take care of whatever and keep it long enough you can make money. I recently sold a 1972 Citabria airplane I bought in 1977 for $5,800. I got $45,000 for it but probably did stick 20K or so in it rebuilding it over the years. I have no talent, not good at anything save one. That is it seems everything I liked to do with vehicles or guns eventually became expensive classics. I will also say there hasn't been many things made that I desire like what was available many years ago.

https://i.postimg.cc/jdPr2ntQ/20140715-080150.jpg
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

COSteve wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:38 pm BTW, turned 71 in early November.
me too ! maybe on the same day [ nov 8th ]
cable
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Pretty cool pictures Booger Bill. :D You sure did not let any grass grow under you waiting to switch Harley's like I switch shoes.

I can see you lived an interesting life. I like the junkyard pic....yea, those were times when the average guy was always going to the junkyard to keep his car running. I did many, many times. Still have an old rear I replaced on the Jeep over 20 years. In the eighties I bought a froze up 79 Ford pickup that was identical to mine. I kept it off to the side and every time I needed a part, I just waltzed 25' and started wrenching...yea, wrenching, no air tools, floor jacks...just a complete set of Craftsmans tools, a crow bar and some bottle jacks with blocks of wood.

Sold the trans and transfer case for what I paid for the whole truck.

Im a '54 baby and I had a serious fetish for old Winchesters and Colts....and pre war Smith's among other guns....I had to scrimp on everything else to buy that stuff and buy I did. Always buying and selling..must have had a thousand old guns over the years. I'm done now...kept the best.....no regrets------6
Model A Uzi’s
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Vintage '46 here. I don't, nor do I want to, remember much of my early life (pre 40). I do remember the blonde beach bunnies of So. CA and the music (I saw James brown, Dylan and the Stones live). My police record kept me out of the service (I much regret that) and nuttin' much good until I sobered up in '86. I'm one of those guys that are good examples of how NOT to do it... :lol:

But today life i good and at 72, I'm still shootin, reloading, and lying about how small my groups are...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Steve
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

wowee !! " I met his family a few times including his son and Jerry suggested back in 1975, that I might want to invest a bit in his son's startup business. As I was young, married and working hard to just pay bills, I decided to pass."

that would have been me too ! or if I had invested it would have ruined it for them !

by the way Nov 8th is the day that conrad roentgen discovered xrays in 1895 ….winning the first ever Nobel prize [ I remember this well, because I am an interventional radiologist ]
cable