Navy Arms 1892's?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Navy Arms 1892's?

Post by Thunder50 »

I have an 1892 win clone (24" octagonal stainless)I bought from Navy Arms about 18 years ago, when I thought about cowboy shooting. Ended up with a Marlin cowboy and never shot the thing till the other day. Took some PMC and PPU 357 ammo out and was suprised that the sights were just about on. Maybe 4" high at 100yds. The PPU ammo shot fairly well, but the the PMC 158 gr soft point shot very well (one impact area on our gongs about 2"). Didn't feed the ammo real well, but suprisingly, some Black Hills swc ammo fed real well. Going to try some of my cast in it later with boolits sized .360", which will just chamber.

Who made the guns for Navy Arms? Need to get one of the DVD's about how to take it apart and smooth things up. Been 45 years or so since I pulled one apart. (Oops--Saw under the lever that its a Rossi)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Navy Arms 1892's?

Post by crs »

good looking rifle. sounds like it will be a shooter.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/