Marlin Custom Shop

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Marlin Custom Shop

Post by Bridger »

Since I realized a short while back Marlin had a custom shop, I've been wondering exactly what all they'll do. Anybody have any experience with them? Think they'd chamber an 1895 in 33 wcf or some other such cool, old school chambering? If so, I could see a Marlin getting added to my list of things to buy eventually.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Marlin Custom Shop

Post by GunnyMack »

The term 'custom shop' is not what we would think a custom shop really is.
To me a custom shop puts a rifle/ shotgun/ pistol together for an individual. Your stock dimensions, your choice of wood , caliber you choose etc.

I don't believe Marlin is offering this. They do have engraving, inlays , maybe better wood. However I wouldn't get my hopes up for calibers other than the normal chamberings.

I'm sure an email or phone call to them would answer your questions.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Remington bought Dakota Arms several years ago. Dakota Arms is now the "custom shop". They just add/change an OEM Marlin, with new cosmetics like wood.

There's a link on the Marlin website for "custom" :D information and pricing.

Since Remlin is no longer producing the 39A you can order one from the "custom shop" :roll: for $3000.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

From what I've heard and read the Dakota Arms/Marlin Custom Shop IS a true custom shop, with all the features and abilities of old custom shops. I'm uncertain if they'd rebarrel and chamber an 1895 in .33 WCF, but they might.
But I have heard the prices are not cheap. So it might be more cost effective to send your 1895 to someone like John Taylor and have him fit a .33 caliber barrel and chamber it in .33 WCF for you.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I had an original square bolt 1895 in 33 WIN . Wish I still had it , but before I plunked down 2 or 3 grand to get them to make me a new one I'd look awful hard to find a pre 1920 one .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !