Good work from JES Reboring

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Good work from JES Reboring

Post by earlmck »

I bought a nifty C. Sharps Highwall in 44/40 from fellow levergunner Mike Armstrong a few years ago. Fine shooter, but it hasn't been seeing much use because I have all these dang leverguns in 44/40 and 38/40 and 357 and and...

And I would like to shoot at the 1000 yard buffalo with the Pine Mountain Rifle folks who do a shoot once a month through the Spring/Summer, so I sent the C. Sharps off to JES asking for a rebirth as 45/70 with a quarter inch of throat and 18" twist. Two weeks after I mailed her off to JES it arrived back here on my doorstep as a 45/70 with quarter inch throat and 18" twist. I loaded up 10 rounds with 500 grain casties with a black-powder equivalent load (18 grains of Blue Dot). Burned three sighting in, a couple trying to get a chrono reading (late afternoon sun was giving my little Chrono a really hard time), three fired for effect at a 50 yard paper target, and when I saw how close together those were clustering I popped the last two off at the 200 yard gong.

This baby looks like it is going to shoot. Thanks Jesse Ocumpaugh of JES Reboring!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Good work from JES Reboring

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW, I've never heard anything but good things about Jesse's work. 8)

Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

Pete44ru wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:45 am .

FWIW, I've never heard anything but good things about Jesse's work. 8)

+ 1. He's done a few rifles for me and his work is top notch! What's even more amazing is how quick he can get it done, two weeks! And that's including shipping to and from my house.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have two of his and couldn’t be happier.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Earl, that's outstanding. I, too, have heard good things about Jesse's shop.
Can't wait to hear your results when the weather allows long-range shoots again.
65bee
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 65bee »

I had JES rebore a near mint exterior 1930 vintage Winchester '94 in .30 WCF to .38-55 about five years ago. It had a badly corroded bore from obvious neglect and was throwing keyholes at 50 yards. Jesse had the gun for about two weeks. I had him do the rebore with original Winchester style five-groove rifling. This gun shoots cast bullets like a target gun - unbelievable! I couldn't have been more pleased. This guy is the best in the rebore game as far as I'm concerned. I have had rebore jobs done by some other well-known outfits over the years, and while they were okay, JES is superior. His turn-around time is awesome. The other places were anywhere from six months to over a year.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

It was kinda' interesting... I had taken the tang sight off for shipping to JES. Put it back on for my little bit of shooting. And while a 500 grain .458 bullet shoots waaay higher than a 200 grain .429 bullet out of this rifle, the windage was still nearly spot on.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

He did a rebore for my son's 94 30wcf to 38-55. It is scary accurate, about two weeks turn around.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15