Couldn’t let it go !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Couldn’t let it go !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Around this time last year I got a SIG P220 10mm . Also bought dies brass and Nosler bullets . But I procrastinated about shooting it and finally sold the pistol and later all the other stuff . Well today I shot my friends Kimber 1911 6” target in 10mm and shortly thereafter I bought one exactly like it and then ordered a mold from NOE followed by an order to Midway for a Lee Loadmaster , 500 pieces of brass and a Lee mounting plate . Bottom line I shoulda never shot that pistol this morning :? Happy thanksgiving to me LOL’s :roll:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Couldn’t let it go !

Post by Pitchy »

And for Thanks Giving, can imagine what Christmas will bring. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Pitchy wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:33 pm And for Thanks Giving, can imagine what Christmas will bring. 8)
I bought Xmas gift before the 10mm today . Got my airline tickets to go back to the Philippines in July for a month . The wife and I can celebrate our 58th birthday and I can spend more time with our little guy (grandson).
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

COSteve wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:34 pm You are going to love it!!

I've been shooting my custom 6" slide Glock G20L for over 14 years and I guarantee that you'll soon discover that you've got a winner there. The 10mm absolutely loves the extra length of the 6" barrel with powders like Power Pistol and a magnum primer. The extra sight radius and extra muzzle weight give the longslide a better balance and make for a great longer range shooter.

And even your full power 165grn loads with 10.0grns of Power Pistol will give a strong push rather than a hard snap with the extra mass from the longer barrel and slide. That makes shooting your 10mm a joy, not a pain in the wrist. Further, the extra barrel length really helps velocities in the 180grn and 200grn loads too. That makes the long barreled 10mm a great hunting sidearm as well.
I’ve kinda been hung up in 180’s in the 10mm and that’s the weight mold I ordered today . May order a 250 box of Nosler 180’s as well .
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I got a Rock Island 10mm earlier this year. The steel frame sure helps soak up the recoil. First time at the range, the rangemaster on duty asked about my training with a handgun. I asked why, did I do something wrong? He said no, but he noticed it was a 10mm and that I put all 10 in the 10 ring at 25 yards left handed and that I am right handed. He just was curious as to why I switched hands and shot 1 handed and 2 handed without any pattern he could see. It is just something I do at the range. You never know when you might need to use your other hand. That Rock Island 10mm is as accurate as any pistol I have ever owned, and it doesn't kick as hard as my son's Glock 17. Glocks hurt my trigger finger from the slapping against the trigger guard. I have little use for plastic pistols and the discomfort they cause. Taurus PT 709 don't hurt like Glocks do.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

piller wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:01 am I got a Rock Island 10mm earlier this year. The steel frame sure helps soak up the recoil. First time at the range, the rangemaster on duty asked about my training with a handgun. I asked why, did I do something wrong? He said no, but he noticed it was a 10mm and that I put all 10 in the 10 ring at 25 yards left handed and that I am right handed. He just was curious as to why I switched hands and shot 1 handed and 2 handed without any pattern he could see. It is just something I do at the range. You never know when you might need to use your other hand. That Rock Island 10mm is as accurate as any pistol I have ever owned, and it doesn't kick as hard as my son's Glock 17. Glocks hurt my trigger finger from the slapping against the trigger guard. I have little use for plastic pistols and the discomfort they cause. Taurus PT 709 don't hurt like Glocks do.
Cool ! I wanna add a Rock Island to my accumulation not necessarily a 10 but a 45 or possible buy a 9 . We sell a fair amount of them at the shop and while I was in Davao Philippines in October I was able to shoot a couple of their guns in their indoor range .
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My 20 year old Rock Island .45 is a great pistol. I did have some fiberoptic sights added to it due to my aging eyes. The only ammunition it doesn't like is Gold Dot. HST and Hydra Shok are 100% reliable so far with the Hydra Shok slightly edging out the HST for accuracy. I need to try Critical Defense in it. I have nothing but praise for it. I bought some diamond pattern checkered grips for it for the looks. The factory grips worked fine, but the checkered ones look better to me. I plan on putting in new springs soon due to normal wear. I have never heard of springs in a firearm which don't wear out from normal use. I have around 4,500 rounds through it and it is still working perfectly.
D. Brian Casady
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I've done the "I'll never own this caliber again" thing. But I rarely sell dies, so when I find myself back in one of those calibers, at least I still have dies.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:31 pm I've done the "I'll never own this caliber again" thing. But I rarely sell dies, so when I find myself back in one of those calibers, at least I still have dies.
I went on and bought a Lee Loadmaster complete setup for 40 S&W / 10mm . So now I’m set on the fast track for the 10mm and 45 ACP . All I have to do is loosen four Allen screws slide one unit out slide the other in and retighten . I’m actually contemplating buying a third setup for the 44 Mag . Not the most economical way to do it but hopefully the quicker and easier way .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Got the Lee Loadmaster and 1000 pieces of Starline brass today . NOE mold hasn’t arrived yet , was supposed to be here last Friday . Now if the gun would get here :wink:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

After a couple hiccups it finally arrived today !
A04DAA12-5235-4B48-A52D-3B3137B06017.jpeg
795D77A7-83E0-4A03-A9F6-BA5A890E1938.jpeg
DB406676-5256-45CC-BF76-D9BB909EA834.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

6pt-sika wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:46 amI wanna add a Rock Island to my accumulation not necessarily a 10 but a 45 or possible buy a 9 . We sell a fair amount of them at the shop and while I was in Davao Philippines in October I was able to shoot a couple of their guns in their indoor range .
Consider one of their 9mm's with the 22 TCM barrel - they are a hoot....like 218 Bee in a 1911...!
I have a double-stack 45 ACP from Rock Island that I like also, although it is heavier than my 'carry' Para (aluminum frame). And my son had a regular single-stack 1911 that I bubba-smithed trying to do a 'ramp job' on, and the factory fixed it (new frame with same serial number, or some really fancy re-do on the original) for FREE....

I like Rock Island....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

AJMD429 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:44 pm
6pt-sika wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:46 amI wanna add a Rock Island to my accumulation not necessarily a 10 but a 45 or possible buy a 9 . We sell a fair amount of them at the shop and while I was in Davao Philippines in October I was able to shoot a couple of their guns in their indoor range .
Consider one of their 9mm's with the 22 TCM barrel - they are a hoot....like 218 Bee in a 1911...!
I have a double-stack 45 ACP from Rock Island that I like also, although it is heavier than my 'carry' Para (aluminum frame). And my son had a regular single-stack 1911 that I bubba-smithed trying to do a 'ramp job' on, and the factory fixed it (new frame with same serial number, or some really fancy re-do on the original) for FREE....

I like Rock Island....!
When at the Rock Island indoor range in Davao I shot the 22 TCM in a 1911 , a bit on the loud side I must say .
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Yesterday at the range, my Rock Island 10mm once again did well. 10 yard range and 50 rounds all in a nice group. I need more practice, but the RIA is ready for anything. Never a hiccup or any failure of any kind since I got it several months ago. Would I buy the same gun again even if I had the money for a more expensive brand? Yes! It fits me well, is accurate, and is not bad on the recoil.
D. Brian Casady
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well I’ve yet to fire the Kimber 10mm . At the moment shooting takes a back seat to hunting . I’m thinking however that I might want to put a Leupold Deltapoint 2.5 MOA on the pistol . Never messed much with red dots of any kind , but I think I want one for this pistol .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

We ordered the Deltapoint earlier this afternoon from Lipseys and the mounts coming from somebody on Amazon !