SNOWWWW!!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

SNOWWWW!!!!

Post by Mainehunter »

Since last Tuesday, two storms and a hair over 2' of snow! The old record was shattered which was 4" and that was three years ago. I made the mistake not bringing my snow shoes. 100 yards into the woods, off the dirt road I was waist high in snow! I couldn't even get to my tree stand! I was bummed!!! :cry:

I don't mind snow but this is way too much for this time of the year. For the past 7 or 8 years the deer population have been rebounding around my area but I have a bad feeling they may take another hit this year! :|

Mainehunter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: SNOWWWW!!!!

Post by GunnyMack »

Back in '11/'12 ( if memory serves) we had 2 bad winters back to back, our herd took a big hit. It's still down . I would have 20-30 deer in the yard every day then I didnt see a deer for months. No fawns either. Now on occasion I see 6 or 8. Yes we were over populated!
Had a doe that I named scabby, she was hit by a car& covered with road trash. I kinda nursed her back and she became fairly tame, she was lost to winter kill too.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Neat pics Mainehunter. Love those old camps and it brings back memories. Yea...snow is cool but that much is a burden. Ahhh...good reason to hang around camp and get drunk. Enjoy!----6
Model A Uzi’s
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

UFDA don`t ya just hate those ice dams on the roof, gotta keep the snow back on my house all winter too.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey MH!
Yeah, I'm hoofin in it right now. We don't have 2' on th east side of 201 but we have at least a foot. Makes tiring walking.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Could y'all send some o' that to the California Sierra, and some to the Southern Rockies?
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

I probably said this earlier, but while I was hunting moose in BC late September we had a heavy snow, over a foot the last few days of our hunt.
We actually had to leave camp a day early just to be sure we could get out. That was really early even for Central BC. We drove almost 200
miles in it heading west and then south. Good thing we had moose in the back end to give us lots of weight.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Gordon, you sure keep me hankering to hunt moose just once!
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

Don't forget it's addictive.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Being from Texas and seeing 60 degrees today, what is all that white stuff all over? It appears to be a meteorological phenomenon caused by stratocumulus clouds releasing a vertical precipitation of moisture which is in a low energy state which is causing the molecules to attach in random patterns. However, that is merely a guess since we don't have the conditions here to cause such a strange condition.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

OldWin wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:25 am Hey MH!
Yeah, I'm hoofin in it right now. We don't have 2' on th east side of 201 but we have at least a foot. Makes tiring walking.
A few folks that I've talked to over at Jimmy's Market in Bingham who have been here a lot longer never seen this before! I was pretty tired just for trucking through all that snow! :|
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Not too far from us in Brighton. There is a line from Cook Hill in Moscow that runs across Kingsbury to Greenville that gets hammered with snow.
Don't know who you talked to, but I've seen it haha. :D
In 88 we were hunting with snowmobiles and I got stuck clear to the windshield on one occasion.
My dad remembers a season they shut down cause they got so much snow the deer yarded. :shock:
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.