Snowfall Amounts Around the Country

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Snowfall Amounts Around the Country

Post by Old No7 »

Another good one from the local gun club...

We're stocking up on beer here... :wink:

Old No7

( click image to enlarge )
Snowfall Amounts.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Snowfall Amounts Around the Country

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Love the entries for the South! On behalf of family and friends from Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota, though, I don't think the Midwest is getting enough credit. Twenty below and three feet of snow sounds like ice fishing weather ... :lol:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Having moved to Texas as a 30 year old, I can vouch for the accuracy of the "South" part of that. The Texas Drivers handbook has advice for differing weather conditions. Warm and dry-speed up. Rain-speed up. Snow-speed up. Ice-speed up and get home.

Seriously, it is only a tiny percentage of the drivers here who can't drive, but those few can really mess things up for the rest.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Good chart. Might have made more sense to have 'Notrh' 'Middle' and 'South' though.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:31 am Love the entries for the South! On behalf of family and friends from Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota, though, I don't think the Midwest is getting enough credit. Twenty below and three feet of snow sounds like ice fishing weather ... :lol:
With ya there. We get enough cold and snow to handle it quite nicely, thank you very much. A couple hundred miles south is a different story, however. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Your chart missed SoCal. When we get lots of snow we have a dilemma. So, we have our Starbucks and then decide whether to go surfing or skiing. Of course, I usually just say to heck with it and go play in the desert in my Jeep. :lol:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

True about midwest if your talking about the lower part like here in Missouri. Up north they snow blow the driveway so they can get out for more gas for the snow machines.

St. Louis is infamous for the stores being emptied of milk, eggs, and bread. Apparently French Toast is the comfort food of choice.

I wish everyone WOULD take off and stay home. For the last 6 years I've delivered mobile water treatment equipment to power plants, most often in emergency situations. If dispatched we are expected to "attempt" delivery. At just under 80K lbs. we get around pretty good but not so much many fellow motorists.