Better folding AR than average

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Better folding AR than average

Post by AJMD429 »

This looks like a nice idea, and even with a suppressor, would fold into a compact package with plenty of power.
Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 5.48.40 PM.png
https://foldar.com/product/foldar15-pistol-300bo-9

I have the LAW-Tactical folding adapter on my 300 Blk 'pistol' AR, and it meets my needs for way less cost, but if I were going out to get an "only-one-AR" for urban defense, I'd seriously consider one of this company's offerings....!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Better folding AR than average

Post by marlinman93 »

Where's the rest of it?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I'd never knock what somebody likes. I'd think "urban" defense would include portability and concealability. When the Red Hoards and Marauders round the corner at 1st and Main, what you have on you is your Urban Defense. :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

BlaineG wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:34 pm Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I'd never knock what somebody likes. I'd think "urban" defense would include portability and concealability. When the Red Hoards and Marauders round the corner at 1st and Main, what you have on you is your Urban Defense. :idea:
My S&W 59 is more concealable and easier to carry. I'd rather carry the extra 13 rd. mags too. Probably more accurate than an AR based handgun too. And my full sized AR 15 carbine still makes a better backup or first defense carbine to the handgun.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

One can certainly make an argument for having a Glock-17 for CCW, and for backup in the car trunk - another Glock-17 and some 32 rounders...!

Or my favorite, a 1911 45 double-stack for CCW, with 'regular' 16-round magazines, and in the trunk - another Para-14 and some 20-rounders...!

I suppose a 'compatible carbine' would be yet another sometimes-practical choice, using a KelTec or Ruger 9mm, or a MechTech for the 45.

But then again if you're going for a second gun, other than just as 'backup' in case the first one breaks, you may as well get the extra power and reach of a bottleneck round like the 223....

I think the 'role' of the FoldAR would be for someone who wants something in the 223 or 300 Blackout class that could fit in a smaller briefcase or even a large ammo-can, versus a larger case. Pretty small niche, although most of the 'takedown' rifles I've lusted for over the years are kind of like that - not really necessary, but kind of cool.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

My trunk (backpack) gun is a CZ Scorpion with shockwave brace. holds 30 rounds of 9mm (+p is gine according to cz rep i spoke with). Its very very accurate to 100 yards. Considerably quieter than 223 or 300 blk and doesnt look like an "evil" black rifle. That being said....a takedown levergun in 357, 44 or 45 colt would be a dandy choice as well.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

The major issue i se with the OP is that its all proprietary and if something breaks.......yer pooched
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus