Winchester 1892 wood on Rossi 92?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester 1892 wood on Rossi 92?

Post by Naphtali »

Okay, we've solved my problem for replacing wood on my Winchester Model 1892 rifle with pistol grip. In my "stuff" bin I have a take-off Winchester 1892 carbine wood set. This is a straight grip butt stock with fore stock. I have someone out of state who has a Rossi Model 92 carbine in 45 Colt. This is a straight grip butt stock. And he reports that his wood is beyond ugly. Rossi 92 is supposed to be a close copy of Winchester 1892. Can my wood - particularly my Winchester's straight grip butt stock - be fitted to his Rossi? I think what I'm asking about is whether fitting would require wood to be removed - that is, Winchester's butt stock can be fitted. I believe if exterior wood-to-metal fit is okay, interior configuration can be saved.

So I guess the real issue whether my Winchester's butt stock exterior can be fitted to Rossi's straight grip butt stock's exterior.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 1892 wood on Rossi 92?

Post by Pete44ru »

IF any 'fitting' is needed, it'll be minor.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

94 wood will work also.---6
Model A Uzi’s
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

So, give it a try and post report.