Model 94 clambering issue.. need opinion

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Gary4242
Levergunner

Model 94 clambering issue.. need opinion

Post by Gary4242 »

Model 94 started to act up. Will not chamber cartridge. Will not lift nose high enough. Have tried different brands and only plastic tip hornady loads. Attached are photos of carrier with wear. Opinions and suggestions appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Model 94 clambering issue.. need opinion

Post by J Miller »

Check the carrier spring. If it's loose, cracked, worn or broken it wont hold the carrier in the up position long enough for the cartridge to chamber.

Also check the carrier pivot point for wear too.

After that check the cartridge guides to make sure they ate tight. Loose ones can cause jamming problems.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Check for wear in the bottom of the bolt, where the carrier tab is situated. But... I suspect J Miller is correct on carrier spring. The bottom of the carrier appears to have some abnormal wear... but doesn't seem sufficient to adversely affect feeding. Could be wrong, 2-dimensional photos can be misleading. :oops:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Good advice Joe. and griff! :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD