Fun at the gunshow

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Fun at the gunshow

Post by jnyork »

Off to the Yuma AZ gunshow this morning with a friend, saw several other friends from the gun club there.

Not a bad gunshow for a change. Only one table of stuffed animals and one of homebaked cakes and cookies, no beef jerky, no eyeglass cleaners. The usual tables of military surplus junk, a few Chinese fake swords, several tables full of magazines, 20 tables taken up by LGS selling new stuff at new prices.

Lots of nice old leverguns of all descriptions. Three tables with old single shots, Ballards, etc, and schuetzen rifles. Quite a few .22 rifles for a change. Not so many EBR's, prices on those 500-2000 bucks, didn't see anyone even pick on up to look. No .22 ammo hardly at all which is no surprise with it being readily available online sometimes priced at pre-panic levels. Saw two very nice Winchester model 75 rifles, both at $750. Centerfire hunting type rifles galore at much reduced prices compared to a year or so ago.

Picked up a Marlin 39A, Serial number is a "P" denoting 1957 manufacture, gun is at least 95%, would not be ashamed to show it off to anyone. Guy let it go for $425 which made me buy it , I didnt really go looking for one but couldn't let it set there and someone else get it. :D

Had a cup of coffee at the snack bar, it was not bad unlike the roofing tar they usually have. Shot the breeze for a while with friends. Home by 11:00 AM.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Fun at the gunshow

Post by Pete44ru »

Quite the change of pace for a funshow - but, it's all good. 8)

I'm glad you made out on the Marlin & the coffee…. :)

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

If you happened to notice what did they have in the way of old American doubles , uh uhm Parker’s to be a bit more exact :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

PM me if you think you don't want/need the 39A... :)
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

What! No buckwheat pillows or blown glass. It wouldn't be a show here without the Russian dolls and candied nuts.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

m.wun wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:58 am What! No buckwheat pillows or blown glass. It wouldn't be a show here without the Russian dolls and candied nuts.
What about floor mats? Any less than common caliber leverguns there? Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
JHarold
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JHarold »

39A and a decent cup of coffee. that is a good day.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

JHarold wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:52 am 39A and a decent cup of coffee. that is a good day.
I'd say!

I have a '57 vintage 39, easily one of my favorite .22s.
My Winchester 75 is up there too, though. Wouldn't want to have to choose between the two, or the Martini but all of them are tack drivers.
:D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sounds like a good day to me. I wouldn't say no to a 39A in good condition for that price. I hope it shows its appreciation at being given a good home by always being on its best behavior.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost