Wrangler question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Wrangler question

Post by Rusty »

I've been wearing Levi's for a long, long time. In light of the fact that they just came out as an anti 2nd amendment supporter I thought I'd try some Wranglers. The pair I got have very shallow pockets and the distance from the crotch to the waistline is a little shorter than I like. Do they make different styles for men that like to wear their belts higher?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Wrangler question

Post by GunnyMack »

Can't help ya, I'm a Lee guy. Specifically the carpenter jeans, very roomy, belt on top of the waist as it should be!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

I haven't worn wranglers for about 30 years, but seem to recall there was quite a bit of depth between the belt and crotch area.
You didn't buy a pair of those hipsters the kids wear, did you?
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I went to our local western wear/ feed store to get a pair of black jeans to wear to Jr's wedding. My new daughter asked me to give her away so I wanted to look my best. she wanted all the guys to wear jeans so that's where the new ones came in. I did end up buying one last pair of Levis cause the Wranglers just didn't work. I might have to look at some Lee stuff to see if it's any better. The things remind me of back in the 70's when the girls were all wearing those hip huger jeans. They worked OK on them but I ain't built that way.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Levis has been anti gun for years. Haven't worn them in 25 years.
I like the Wranglers. Stangely, the cheapy ones from Walmart fit me best. The "real" Cowboy Cut ones with the rubber tag don't fit me as well.
I must take the "fat white trash fit". :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

Wrangler has several "fits" available. The cowboy cut has short pockets and crotch. I now wear wrangler carpenter jeans, Loose fit, bigger pockets and more crotch. I couldn't get into my truck wearing the cowboy cut jeans. Back problems went away too.
Plus, the carpenter jeans have two extra pockets on the right side.....cell phone or extra magazine.

TomF
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Another option is Deluth Trading Post, they make what they call "ball room" jeans. Supposed to be very tough.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I wear camo Army pants 90 percent of the time anymore, lots of pockets and comfortable.
Jay that`s what you need to wear along with your Buffalo coat lots of big pockets. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey! Good idea, Lenn! I gotta get some more! :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

I can vouch for the Duluth Trading jeans, they are roomy, have ample pockets, and are very sturdy.

So saying, they're also pricier than most, but pay once cry once.

I'm a huge fan of their fire hose pants also, they are tough as nails and I wear them all the time when working or on the bike.

All their pants have a crotch gusset. they advertise they don't have the "cheap hotel" syndrome - no ball room. (grin)

Get signed up with them and they'll send you every couple months a 20% off and free shipping coupon.

Or if you're ever in Oshkosh WI, they have an outlet store with some tremendous good buys.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Someone else to check into - Roundhouse Jeans

https://www.round-house.com/

they are American made (Oklahoma) with a rich history.

I haven't seen their jeans, but have bought their bib overalls for work.

The bibs are heavy, well made, and a good value for the price.

I like the fact I'm employing someone in OK for my $$.

Just a side note, read their instructions on sizing. I wear bibs in 50x32 for Carhartt and Liberty, Roundhouse bibs are 54x30.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Wranglers here....no levis permitted here...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Never had a problem with the wrangler regular fit jeans, been wearing them for years since I fired Levis, and theyre cheap....Was at Walmart the other day to pick up a new pair and saw they have an even cheaper jean now, George jeans, $9.97. Checked them out, looks like a Wrangler jean without the logo, figured what the heck, for $9.97 Ill try them.

Well theyre a darn good pair of jeans, good fit, 7 belt loops, deep enough pockets, and theyre $9.97, did I mention theyre only $9.97? ,LOL
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I too prefer regular fit Wranglers to Levi jeans.

Wrangler uses a different type/shape/size yoke (crotch area) that's much more comfortable for me to wear.

YMMV - Levi jeans fit some folks better, although if I didn't like Wranglers, I'd try to find a brand other than Levi that fits comfortably.

The Lee jeans fit me similarly to Wranglers.

crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Like many enlightened gun owners and hunters, I grew up on Levis, but "fired" them as soon as I understood their politics.

For a few years now, I have been buying jeans at Cabelas when they have a sale and it has worked out pretty well.

The exception being some $10 per pair jeans for farm work where I will likely ruin them with acid, chemicals, grease, barb wire tears, etc. long before they wear out. They are so cheap that tossing them in not an issue. Thinking of that, now the monsoon has let up, I need to walk the horse pasture with fire ant poison, as their mounds are popping up all over and my wife spotted them from the front room bay window. :x
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

I wear Wranglers daily. I've found I get about a year out of a pair. When new they start out as one of the "nice" pair then after they age some (or I thrash my work jeans) they are moved I to the work category.
Never tried the Duluth Jean's but their fire hose pants were garbage. Advertised as being tough the material was quite the opposite. Very susceptible to cuts and abrasions they were nowhere near as durable as Wranglers. Also hotter in the summer and colder in the winter. I threw them away.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Pitchy wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:50 am I wear camo Army pants 90 percent of the time anymore, lots of pockets and comfortable.
Jay that`s what you need to wear along with your Buffalo coat lots of big pockets. :lol:

Ha.....ha...ha........I love it! Even pitchy is aware of Jays pastimes and escapades. Sorry buddy...I had to laugh...to complete the day it would be nice to see Jay model a buffalo coat............with a couple of single action grips hanging out the side

On to jeans......like Japanese cars, it's hard to buy anything that is not either foreign, is anti second amendment and therefore pro-homo sexual, pro transvestite, I find it easier to buy whatever I like so I go with Kirkland brand jeans at Costco. They fit nice, are very durable, nice deep pockets and best of all.......drum roll please.........drum roll.........they carry a style of jeans just like their regular ones but with an elastic band for guys fostering "the belly bulge". I'm thinking $15 or about the same price one pays for a t shirt with a logo on it.----------6
Model A Uzi’s
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mack »

I like the Wrangler 47MWZ, (sort of a relaxed version of the old 13MWZ cowboy jeans). My alternative is Carhartt's B 480. They are both heavy (15oz?) denim and cut for a man, not a skinny little kid. Either will outlast Levis by far.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Key Logger Jeans...the brass suspender buttons are already installed when you buy them. Loose fit and plenty of room. Wear like iron. I get them mail order now direct from Key....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

I prefer Carhart denim work dungarees.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Amen to Costco Kirkland jeans, nothing fancy, just a great value in work pants that fit me well. NO skinny legs jeans for me. Used to get my jeans at K-Mart but K-Mart has faded away to nothing at least here in the islands.
Back in the day 35+ years ago used to love my Levi's Button-Fly 501 jeans and I'd get them on sale for $10 a pop.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I grew up wearing Levis boot cut jeans, Ji but that was many Big Macs ago. I think I was paying about $10 a pair for them as well, in a downtown men's store.
I did buy some Diamond Gusset jeans that were nice. The only problem was their order site wasn't secure and my credit card got hacked. Maybe I'll try them again.
Thanks guys.

BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Wrangler Relaxed Fit , could never wear Levi's they were never cut right for me.
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

I’m about through my 10 dollar Rock Hardware jeans that lasted as long as any others. Had to get Carhart this go around.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Wrangler relaxed fit are my favorite. Many years ago it was Levi 501 until they came out as being anti gun.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Rusty wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:13 am I've been wearing Levi's for a long, long time. In light of the fact that they just came out as an anti 2nd amendment supporter I thought I'd try some Wranglers. The pair I got have very shallow pockets and the distance from the crotch to the waistline is a little shorter than I like. Do they make different styles for men that like to wear their belts higher?
I grew up wearing Levi 501 jeans, and I stopped wearing them 35 years ago when I learned they were antigun.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

Wrangler jeans seem to be the only ones who make the belt loops big enough for a wide heavy pistol belt and have the proper belt loop placement for right hand or cross draw. For now at least they still appear to have real denim jeans weight fabric instead of this designer shirt weight stuff popular now. Besides, I won't buy commie jeans. It's usually Wranglers, Carhartt's, Dickies or Mil surplus for me.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Old no1
Levergunner

Post by Old no1 »

I wear both Levis and Wrangler. Have worn and loved Levis all or my 60 years and will continue. Started wearing Wrangler 936PWD bout 8 years ago for work (plumber). They are made in Regular and Slim fit. These 936PWD are much tougher than any Levis I have ever worn. Thicker material sturdy and strong. Definitely last longer then my Levis for work. I buy Wranglers at Tractor Supply and they usually cost less than Levis. Love them both though.