There is a Rossi 62 slide action I can buy...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

There is a Rossi 62 slide action I can buy...

Post by mickbr »

Talk me in or out of it folks. Its good condition 22LR, the blued carbine version with 16.5" barrel. Not sure of the vintage but looks barely used, the fella will also throw in another broken one for use as parts. We haven't discussed price yet but I know he wants them both gone. I only keep a couple of guns, but I have been looking for a 22LR as a truck gun and something to introduce my brothers kids to small game. I believe the carbine version only weighs 4.4lbs and it can be broken down to fit a daypack which would be good taking them hiking.I am not expecting bolt action accuracy but minute of small game to 50-60 yards would be nice. So do these gallery guns work out okay, or end up left in the bottom of a closet forever? That is always the question I ask :D Thanks for any thoughts.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: There is a Rossi 62 slide action I can buy...

Post by 2ndovc »

I asked the same question here a few years ago. Saw one of the little short barreled carbines at a show and was very tempted to buy it. The responses I got were very favorable as to the little rifle's reliability.

Hopefully one of those will check in.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The only ones I can vouch for are the original 62, 61, 1890''s, 1906. They are, without question 100% reliable being able to digest tens of thousands of rounds....accurately. Maybe some of that quality from the Winchesters rubbed off on the Rossi, maybe not, probably not.

Parts gun? That's weird. How does one get a modern parts gun? Was it run over by a train? Left outside for a couple of years? Because I know you can't wear out a Winchester .22. Having several here with probably 50,000 rounds out of them.---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I bought one for My Son around 20 years ago . I have never shot it off the bench. it is prolly one of the most fun Guns We have for shooting cans or bottles full of water. ours has been very reliable. :D
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

I have a Rossi pump 22 from when Garcia owned them, 1973? Or so. Mine is the longer barrel. It is one fine reliable gun.

TomF
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I have one of the longer barrel versions with a lyman tang sight on it and think it is just great. They generally bring around four here. Parts gun? Interesting. You might end up with 2 if you can fix the other one.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:54 am Parts gun? That's weird. How does one get a modern parts gun?
That's what he called it, but if its not to busted and there are parts still available for these I might see if I can get it running too.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

M. M. Wright wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:12 pm I have one of the longer barrel versions with a lyman tang sight on it and think it is just great. They generally bring around four here. Parts gun? Interesting. You might end up with 2 if you can fix the other one.
yes its got me thinking. I have only seen the carbine and it is pristine. The owner has sold off most his collection recently, about 100 different 22LR rifles. He is elderly and his offspring never got into guns. How does that happen? Anyway, thanks for the replies all, some more to think about now.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Just buy it man, just buy it. Oh, and send us pics. We want to congratulate you on your great buy and don't forget the "parts gun".
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Mine is from the early/mid 70''s. A beautiful gun, never malfunctioned despite decades of shooting and being cleaned MAYBE once?

My father bought my niece and nephew a newer one and a Taurus version in the early 2000's and they're not nearly as nice.
Slow is just slow.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

M. M. Wright wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:39 am Just buy it man, just buy it. Oh, and send us pics. We want to congratulate you on your great buy and don't forget the "parts gun".
+1 :D you can always resell it.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
65bee
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 65bee »

The .22s based on the Winchester 1890, 1906, 62, 62A action are absolutely the most fun guns to shoot there are, in my opinion. Such a unique action, designed by John Browning, of course. These guns were adopted by the circus shooting galleries early on and proved to be practically indestructible, firing 100s of thousands of rounds trouble-free. Not conducive to fitting modern optics, they are shunned by many. But back in the day, these guns sold literally by the millions, testifying to their popularity and reliability. I recently acquired a like-new model 1906; this model was designed primarily as a cheaper version of the model 1890 and aimed at the youth/boys market. More than 700,000 were sold! The Rossi copy of the later model 62 is an O.K. repro, but hardly up to the quality of the originals. Should make a fun little shooter though. Around here they bring $300.-$400. in excellent condition.