Made it to Yuma again

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Made it to Yuma again

Post by jnyork »

Arrived in Yuma from Wyoming yesterday for our 6 month winter sojourn. Long boring trip except, of course, for the trip through Salt Lake City , that's always a thrill, wall-to-wall idiots on the interstate.

Our observations included marveling at the number of trucks on the road now as compared to even a few years ago, I-15 and I-40 are just bumper to bumper lined up as far as you can see.

Also, the speed at which most of the public is traveling now just keeps going up and up, I-15 is posted 80 MPH on most stretches, if you are doing 80 you better be in the slow lane and have a tough rear bumper! :shock: Most seem to be doing around 90, probably more than a few at 100. In 500 miles of interstate, we saw only one Highway Patrol, he was on the side assisting some lady with a flat tire.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Made it to Yuma again

Post by earlmck »

You've got the right place to spend the winter there Jerry. And I know what you mean about SLC. I went through there about 5 years ago and this old country boy had white knuckles the whole way. And it is no doubt quite a lot worse now.

I did get out shooting today, and was fairly comfortable in our late October weather. With my insulated coveralls :D
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Did you take the 3:10 ?

Sorry, but this is Leverguns after all! :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Yuma has been mentioned on fox news several times of late.....Despite the barrenness of the desert there, it seems to be a popular crossing for undocumented trespassers.....

According to the news reports, la migra catches them, gives them three squares, a shotgun dose of antibiotics and a prepaid debit card and turns them out, pointing towards I-8.

Yuma is also mentioned as a possible staging area for westward bound members of the current economic migrant convoy heading north now.
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Too bad it would be illegal to shoot invaders.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

By the way, Arizona is missing out on tourist dollars by not naming an interstate "The 3:10 memorial highway" and selling souveniers.
D. Brian Casady
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

piller wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:02 am By the way, Arizona is missing out on tourist dollars by not naming an interstate "The 3:10 memorial highway" and selling souveniers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Ray wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:37 am Yuma has been mentioned on fox news several times of late.....Despite the barrenness of the desert there, it seems to be a popular crossing for undocumented trespassers.....

Yeah, USBP interdicts thousands of them in this sector, along with literally tons of drugscoming through . Still, many get do through, although more than a few die of exposure and dehydration out in the desert after being abandoned by their "coyotes". Sad deal for everyone involved, the wall is partially built here but needs completion. Many Americans who have never been here have no clue as to the severity of the problem.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

How’s it going? Any tarantulas or scorpions greet you yet? I’m still over a month away from heading anywhere. Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

3leggedturtle wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:47 pm How’s it going? Any tarantulas or scorpions greet you yet? I’m still over a month away from heading anywhere. Todd
Having a great time now that all the stuff is unloaded from the truck and put away and the house is up and running again. Haven't seen any such critters here, they are seldom seen regardless of what you might think from watching B-grade westerns. :D

Are you thinking about coming down here?
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I’ll more than likely spend my winter on Malaquite beach by Corpus Christi. Won’t get there until early December or January. Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

3leggedturtle wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:59 am I’ll more than likely spend my winter on Malaquite beach by Corpus Christi. Won’t get there until early December or January. Todd
Lots of nice ports on Texas. Corpus Christi, Port Aransas, Freeport, Port Mansfield, Port erWaggoner. :lol: Seriously, other than Houston/Galveston, the gulf coast of Texas is pretty nice and the weather is usually comfortable in the Winter. Threeleggedturtle, I hope it is nice while you are there.
D. Brian Casady