Now that's.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Now that's.....

Post by Ray »

a bulletty looking bullet as Dean Grennell used to say
75735.jpg
missouri bullet company .430" 165 gr. t.c.f.p.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
m.A.g.a. !
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Now that's.....

Post by Griff »

Image Reminds me of mine...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

That is a good looking bullet. All of my .44specail loads are 240 gr. cast swc bullets with the Skeeter load. A few months ago the caster that I buy from told me that he was now casting a 250 grain round nose hollow point that is real deep. Now that is what my carry loads are. I'll see if my Texas grandson still has any and post a picture for you to see them. Look at Matt's Bullets on the web. He is about 40 miles north of me.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

What is the name of the caster that you use. I have been looking for some .44 SPL LSWCHP. Disregard, I see it is Matts bullets now.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Looks nice but....... :D ---6

Model A Uzi’s
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Jack, how do you get a .45 ball to weigh 175gr. ? Add mercury or gold maybe ? My potluck range scrap and w.w. .495"s weigh about 176 gr.
m.A.g.a. !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

JerryB wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:19 pm That is a good looking bullet. All of my .44specail loads are 240 gr. cast swc bullets with the Skeeter load. A few months ago the caster that I buy from told me that he was now casting a 250 grain round nose hollow point that is real deep. Now that is what my carry loads are. I'll see if my Texas grandson still has any and post a picture for you to see them. Look at Matt's Bullets on the web. He is about 40 miles north of me.
I have ordered full-wadcutters from Matt. He offers unique designs that the big melters don't so I order when I don't need enough to justify a new (or used) mold.
m.A.g.a. !
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I add uranium which I think is much denser than lead. Makes it easier to find when the electric goes out. Sometimes I use gold but I try not to use that as it leaves a lot of golding in the rifling.

You say .495 at 176? Maybe that's what I have. What did you do when you saw my pic....hurry up and find some round balls, then weigh them? :D ---6
Model A Uzi’s
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

horsesoldier03 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:08 pm What is the name of the caster that you use. I have been looking for some .44 SPL LSWCHP. Disregard, I see it is Matts bullets now.
Ain't you the guy who wanted the 214gr. Lee hollow point that I got from Honest Jack ?

If so, P.M. me your snail mail address and I'll see if I can find the mold in all of the shop clutter.
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I haven't found a source of lead. Casting sounds fun to do, and my .480 has done well with cast from several sources in the past.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:22 pm I add uranium which I think is much denser than lead. Makes it easier to find when the electric goes out. Sometimes I use gold but I try not to use that as it leaves a lot of golding in the rifling.

You say .495 at 176? Maybe that's what I have. What did you do when you saw my pic....hurry up and find some round balls, then weigh them? :D ---6
Keep laminated cheat sheets of :

common muzzleloader ball size/weights,

decimal inch to gauge (balls to the pound) conversion tables,

charts of spent revolver/pistol and straight walled rifle cartridge cases capacity of black powder for charging measures,
(use .357, .44 spl., .45 acp, .41 mag., .44 mag., and .45 colt in my percussion revolvers and pistols.) a .38 special casefull of fff is just right for a plinking load in a navy colt.

and stringed instrument capo key conversion chart......

to use as bookmarkers in all of my loading manuals and gun reference books.
m.A.g.a. !
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ray,
Man! Your too organized! You German?---6
Model A Uzi’s
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:38 pm Ray,
Man! Your too organized! You German?---6
mutt......little bit of this and a little bit of that ! two of the eight g.g. grandparents are listed as "free persons of color" in the 1860 censuses.....

makes me at least kin to pochahontas warren and possibly distant kin to jesse jackson :cry:

jack, you has to be the quickest draw on the keyboard in the east ! I hardly finish "submit" and you answer.
m.A.g.a. !
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ray,
Yes...I'm the fastest typist in the east. (Not really...the wife is in bed, I'm in their L.R. with the dog on my lap focusing 100% on Leverguns.....all of which means I have no life...at the moment

Jessy Jackson kin? I guess he is the one who gave you the idea for your avatar?

Hey, if we keep this up we can beat Pitchy's record of 6 pages. :D ----3. (Getting tired)
Model A Uzi’s
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:55 pm Ray,
Yes...I'm the fastest typist in the east. (Not really...the wife is in bed, I'm in their L.R. with the dog on my lap focusing 100% on Leverguns.....all of which means I have no life...at the moment

Jessy Jackson kin? I guess he is the one who gave you the idea for your avatar?

Hey, if we keep this up we can beat Pitchy's record of 6 pages. :D ----3. (Getting tired)
tired ? been working nights and sleeping 3 to 4 hours during the day for nigh-on 30 years.....all work and no play (and little sleep) makes ray the grumpiest levergunner next to blaine g.
m.A.g.a. !
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I was your way for 44 years.......exact opposite today.....retaliation......sleep min. 9-10 hours....work around the house 4 hours easily....everything else is devoted to guns/Leverguns.

Don't get like Blaine......he does less than me and rides new motorcycles.

Beddy time....I'm beat from all this typing on an IPad........hey...someone has to do it.----6

Up bright and early tomorrow..around 11-12 then it's off to pay 3 g's in property taxes....someone has to pay for the books that the inner city kids throw out the window.
Model A Uzi’s
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Sixgun wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:22 pm I add uranium which I think is much denser than lead. Makes it easier to find when the electric goes out. Sometimes I use gold but I try not to use that as it leaves a lot of golding in the rifling. :D ---6
:lol: Thank you! :lol:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Now that's a great lookin' bullet Griff. I'll bet if I loaded that over about 30 grains of ffg and fill the rest with Cream O Wheat would give a great gamer load for SASS. Or a case full of fffg in one of my 44-40 73s might just kill a deer.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

M. M. Wright wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:10 amNow that's a great lookin' bullet Griff. I'll bet if I loaded that over about 30 grains of ffg and fill the rest with Cream O Wheat would give a great gamer load for SASS.
That's the load I use in my .45 Colt with that bullet... er... w/o the Cream O Wheat. 32 grains just touches the base of the bullet (2F or Cartridge). Oh yeah, it's a RCBS 45-225-CAV mold.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Griff wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:46 pm
M. M. Wright wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:10 amNow that's a great lookin' bullet Griff. I'll bet if I loaded that over about 30 grains of ffg and fill the rest with Cream O Wheat would give a great gamer load for SASS.
That's the load I use in my .45 Colt with that bullet... er... w/o the Cream O Wheat. 32 grains just touches the base of the bullet (2F or Cartridge). Oh yeah, it's a RCBS 45-225-CAV mold.

Actually I don't use Cream O Wheat either, I use a Circlefly wad that is about 3/16 thick with about 30 grains Goex ffg. Never weigh it, just use enough to get a good compression. This in 44-40 with a 200 grain bullet.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS