Replace 'FaceBook' with this.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Replace 'FaceBook' with this.....

Post by AJMD429 »

I know most of you probably don't "do" FaceBook anyway, nor do I, but many of our friends and families do, and some businesses maintain a presence there out of necessity.

It looks like this may be a viable replacement - https://mewe.com/about

I don't even do FaceBook, but I may just open up a MeWe to support them.

It would be awesome to see FaceBook go down. :twisted:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Replace 'FaceBook' with this.....

Post by stretch »

Seems like a nice idea, but being an old cynical bugger, I'm still of the opinion
that anything said on the web is public and out there forever. If you ever think
you'd have anything to lose by posting something on the web - like a career or
something - don't do it.

When I'm old and retired, maybe. But expressing some of my personal opinions - which
are only opinions - might get me in really hot water if the wrong person reads them.

Whatever happened to, "sticks and stones.....?"

-Stretch
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I tried that a few years ago but got a trojan horse from their site the first time I logged in. I do Facebook mainly because my kids and their wives put grandkid pics there often.
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:46 am I know most of you probably don't "do" FaceBook anyway, nor do I, but many of our friends and families do, and some businesses maintain a presence there out of necessity.

It looks like this may be a viable replacement - https://mewe.com/about

I don't even do FaceBook, but I may just open up a MeWe to support them.

It would be awesome to see FaceBook go down. :twisted:
I don't normally push back at you, but boy if you think your incognito by only posting on Outdoor-ish forums you have another think coming.

https://www.google.com/search?q=AJMD429 ... e&ie=UTF-8

BTW, lots of former Levergun members got tired to the censorship HERE and have gone over to Facebook.
Personally, I've never had a problem with Facebook. As long as you set up your privacy settings correctly nobody can read your stuff except your friends and family members. If THEY bust you, you have the wrong friends. :lol:
Let's face it..Once somebody establishes an online presense, their life is an open book.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

No, I don't have any Illusions about anything posted online, regardless of what the forum or environment is. Even if the security settings are set properly, and there is no hacking, somehow anything you post can be put out to the public eventually. Fortunately, since I'm self-employed I don't have a boss waiting to fire me if I say something politically incorrect, but I still don't post anything I wouldn't say in the Town Square.

I just don't like the political censorship of Facebook and Google, so I avoid them.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "