Hello all. It's been a while

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Hello all. It's been a while

Post by bigbore442001 »

It has been a long time since I've posted on this site. Many things have transpired in that time. So. I am in need for some time off. I planned for some vacation time for the week of Thanksgiving. I need a little "me" trip in the form of a good hunt.

Ideas on where to go for that week have been in my head but I still have not pinned down a place.

The internet has countless guides,outfitters and ranchers. The truth of matter is that some aren't reputable. I like to ask almost to the point of being a pest which may irritate some but I hate to get cheated.

So. If I may ask some advice regarding something like a deer and boar combo. I was thinking of Texas, Georgia or possibly other locations within a two to three day drive of the northeast. I've seen some cull hunts that look appealing but I'd like some recommendations. Also some of the exotics appeal as well but if hate to shoot anything that is more or less tame.

Anyway. Thanks for the replies and advice.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hello all. It's been a while

Post by Ray »

Hey, I still remember your first article in H.H.I. Sixgunner.....

I cannot recommend any current canned hunts.....

Most of the ones I've been on have been nigh on highway robbery.....

Wilderness Hunting Lodge in Monterey TN. is popular down in my part of the country.....

Suwannee River Preserve in Brandford FL. is another......

Seems like there are a few in Penn. that might be closer for you.
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

For wild pigs, The Boar's Nest in Kenefic, Oklahoma is top notch. I was there yesterday with CRS, FWeidner, and a couple others. The prices are reasonable and you will get treated well. The owner makes sure that you get a hog. The hogs are feral, and may fight back. They are lean and tough. If you want to spend a little more and have a lot of fun, going after the trophy size hogs with dogs is more fun. There is one dog there which doesn't know how to quit. It is a redtick hound, and is so eager to hunt that you can't help but want to go with him.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Welcome back!!!!!
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Welcome back and best of luck locating a satisfactory place to hunt in New England.

If you want to come to Texas for hogs, exotics, or white tail deer, I can recommend the Boars Nest and a booking agent (86er) that can place you on exotic ranches for all sorts of animals. He would need to know your budget and target critters.
But he and I are already booked for Thanksgiving week kids deer hunt in south Texas. His boys and my grandson. :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

crs wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:46 pm Welcome back and best of luck locating a satisfactory place to hunt in New England.

If you want to come to Texas for hogs, exotics, or white tail deer, I can recommend the Boars Nest and a booking agent (86er) that can place you on exotic ranches for all sorts of animals. He would need to know your budget and target critters.
But he and I are already booked for Thanksgiving week kids deer hunt in south Texas. His boys and my grandson. :)
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/s ... ogs.25832/
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Good to hear from you again.
Still using that crossbow?

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Years ago we would head to a place near Williamsport PA to chase hogs. Sadly I can not remember the name of the place.
We lucked out and shot some monster hogs! I used my Ruger 44 carbine, 300gr XTPs. I shot the last hog of the day as I wanted to pick just the right hog. I finally found a solid black hog, big with nice ivory. I put a 300gr through his lungs, it just stood there like nothing happened. Then it stumbled a few feet and fell over. That XTP went clean through and about doubled in dia.
Hams were 18lbs each, best bacon I've ever had and a total of 222lbs of pork!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

Nath wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:58 am Good to hear from you again.
Still using that crossbow?

N.
Yes. But alas no deer or turkey had come close enough for me to connect.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Harry,
You are correct !
Same place, different date, different double, similar black boar in water, some of same hunters, same hounds man, same skinners, one new hunter (Ellis), and SAME GOOD TIME!.
Do you think we are in a rut? :wink:
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/