This was gonna be my new gun....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

This was gonna be my new gun....

Post by AJMD429 »

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785926405?

....but my gun inventory spreadsheet requires at least 2 digits in the 'serial number' section, so I'll pass....

Otherwise, I'd have picked it up to add to the collection. :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: This was gonna be my new gun....

Post by GunnyMack »

That's sumthin ya don't see everyday!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yes, it will be worth a premium, but not much...maybe 10-20%. It's a new gun and beings that the gun is a "special edition" it brings the value down even more...maybe 10% tops as the number of guns in that special edition may be 50 or 5000...dunno. It's a foreign gun with an American name. It will interest real investors about zero.

The real money comes in when antique guns have low numbers. Some years back Model 61 Winchesters were bringing 5-600 in 95% condition. I happened on to serial number 16 and sold it for $2800.

Serial number 1 Colt single action army sold for something like $300K...can't remember the exact amount but it was a lot.----6
Model A Uzi’s
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

SixGun is onto to it!
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
TWHBC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TWHBC »

AJMD429 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:05 pm https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785926405?

....but my gun inventory spreadsheet requires at least 2 digits in the 'serial number' section, so I'll pass....

Otherwise, I'd have picked it up to add to the collection. :D
00001 is what I see, so when is it arriving at your place? 🤣
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I could take it out hunting and give it a slightly used and lovingly cared for look. It might take a few years.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

A local Winchester collector here back in the 60's and 70's collected nothing but serial number "8" Winchesters. Unsure why he picked #8, but he had a bunch of them in his appliance store on the walls. His name was Harold McCallum, and he had everything from very old Winchesters to the latest runs. Whenever Winchester came out with something new he'd contact the factory and arrange to get #8 for his collection.
I never paid extra for a serial number myself, but have paid for very early guns in low serial number range. I owned a New Model #3 S&W in .44 Russian that had a single digit serial number.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/