M1 Garand (camp fire)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: M1 Garand (camp fire)

#4101 Post by OldWin » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:36 pm

Hey Todd!
No, we didn't stop at the museum. We are headed to Watson lake today.
Sounds like the knotty shop would be a big hit with the wife! :D
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered another round.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4102 Post by GunnyMack » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:17 pm

OW - you sure are putting the miles behind ya! Next time I drive out west I'm staying there! I hate driving anymore!
I'm happy your trip is going smoothly! ( go knock wood so I dont jinx ya) :lol:

Happiness is
20190621_141109-800x600.jpg
a case of wads! Now I just need somebody to run the press!

Apparently no victims of the explosion, sabotage? Terrorists?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is only one Earth. Do it a favor? GET OFF.

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#4103 Post by 3leggedturtle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:53 pm

OW, watch out for the Fur Spiders! They have signs posted for them? You'll need more time than you think to check out Watson Lake signpost area..... I miss traveling the Highway, have fun and enjoy.... 🐢
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage: The Original short action, compact, high velocity cartridge.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#4104 Post by Sixgun » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Good luck Jay........have a blast as once your on the other side of the dirt, there's no more traveling, shooting...or.....anything.

I'm with Gunny, I hate to drive.....inspection in a couple of weeks on the Rubicon.....From June 25 of 2018 to now it has registered 1,982 miles. Once again, I'm emissions exempt. Mom's Jeep is more than mine, she drove 2700 miles last year.

Hey Gunny,....when I first looked at your picture I thought it was a mess of kilo's of heroin all stacked up real nice.....

I see Turtledude is back in town!-----6
Ready?....one, two, three, LAUGH!

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#4105 Post by OldWin » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:36 pm

Hey boys!
Im in Watson Lake, Yukon tonight. A little rough, but better than sleeping beside the road with all the Buffalo, black bears and the grizzly we saw today. Country is just beautiful. Like home on steroids!
I barely have enough signal to post. Had none till I got to "town".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#4106 Post by 3leggedturtle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:16 pm

OW, Aah the Woodland Bison, they are really docile, and curious like cows. Caribou are the coolest and most graceful critters on the road up there.
Sixgun, never left, got sweet talked into watching dogs and fixing a deck. Been sorta of a wallflower, watching here but in the shadows. Have gunshow this weekend, hope i make some cash, and dont have to haul it home.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4107 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:58 am

Now Six if that was heroin do you really think
#1 I'd be dumb enough to show pictures of it?
#2 I'd be dumb enough to show pictures of it?!

Past couple days I've been trying to get Ammo loaded. Taking my time here & there and put up 400 rounds. I'm trying to get a surplus put up as I need to swap out for 28 ga and load some for the next ZZBIRD shoot.

3leg, decks suck, yer either doing a tightrope on the framing or bent double- I really hate doing decks.

OW looks like you are having a grand old time- kinda jealous!!

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#4108 Post by Sixgun » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:12 pm

Yea Gunny......me too.........on the jealously on all the fun that Old Winchester is partaking to. Ain't fair...he gets to have aaalllllllllllll the fun. The only good that came out of it is that I know where's he's at and I've been able to keep my safe unlocked for a week now.

Aggravation aaaallllllll day here. The back pasture is in bad shape as to grass being two feet high.....so I took the shiney clean Kubota out there and to make a long story short, I got maybe 3/4 of an acre out of the two acres cut. After the first pass I had to put the tractor in 4 WD and low range. In 44 years I have never seen it this wet.....when it got to having to use the rear locker on the big back tires I called it quits.

As I'm driving it was like I was on a floating sea of grass and I was right.....underneath the grass is pure 💦 water. Back to the house...up on the ramps and a major power washing. Old guys like me should not have to deal with this shyt.

Why can't "Mr. Inventor" Pitchy make me a mower deck with a helicopter blade ? Oh I see, he too busy riding his Harley or drilling holes in beams!----6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4109 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:09 am

Six just get a few sheep! Never need to mow it and they fertilize as they eat!! Of course you'll have to watch out for Muslim interlopers looking for dates with your sheep! :o

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#4110 Post by Pitchy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 am

Not riding the Harley Six wish i was, hip is so messed up i can`t swing my leg over it and i`m not happy about it.
Can`t get much of nothing done, want to cut some grass with the scythe today, we`ll see.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
He was the best little dog i ever had !!!!!
Sometimes I don`t even understand myself.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#4111 Post by OldWin » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:41 am

We got to Whitehorse yesterday. Quite a town. Capital of the Yukon. Didn't see much on the drive yesterday. Raining hard for a good bit, but it kept the dust down on the dirt sections.
Will cross into Alaska today.
I was nervous about the cross into Canada with the rifle, but they didn't even look at it. Didn't hassle us at all.

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#4112 Post by Pitchy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:53 am

Glad things are going well Jay, enjoy. :)

Well my first attempt at cutting hay, not bad for the first time, it`s all about how sharp the sythe is and the type of grass.
This is about all i can take in one day. :lol:

Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#4113 Post by OldWin » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:14 am

Looks good buddy! Pretty even. That's the tell!
Make sure not to overdo it, Lenn. That looks like hard work. Especially if it's hot out.

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#4114 Post by Pitchy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:50 am

Thanks Jay, nope i`m taking it slow, ya cut in the morn with the dew on and quit before it gets hot.
Norma trying out the home made rake.

Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4115 Post by Sixgun » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:40 pm

Pitchy....as you know, work like that is GOOD for your physical and mental well being. I LOVE to keep the heart beating fast a few times a week. My BP is now 120/70....or lower......

Keep that heart beating fast and you'll be able to continue to enjoy those rum and cokes for another 20 years. By having Norma doing the bull work with a handmade rake will increase hers to 30 more years.

Used bush hogs around here are cheap.....but you probably already have one and just prefer doing it the way they did a hundred years ago......and still do in places like Russia.---6

Jay........at this one club I used to attend a few times a year in northern Pa. there was a woman in her fifties who traveled from Canada to this club 20 times a year, always with a mess of long guns used in competition.....never had an issue with the guns.

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#4116 Post by Pitchy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:43 pm

Heck we don`t even need to cut hay only doing it so we can say we did it the old way once.
If my leg don`t stiffen up to much in the morning i`ll try cutting some more.
Gettin ready to start a fire and fry up some chicken on the new grill. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4117 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:41 pm

Boy that looks like work!! I'll use the riding mower thank you.
A buddy of mine went to Ontario on a bear hunt years ago, the customs agent must have been a bunny hugger , she insisted on inspecting both his Marlin's (444 &45-70) . When done checking serial numbers she handed them back and dropped each gun before he had his hands on them.

Well I drove to the club today, was a beautiful day to shoot, little bit of wind and SUN SHINE- a rare commodity lately! I'm getting the inner demons worked out, hopefully by the end of next month I'll be back on my average.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#4118 Post by Old Savage » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:10 pm

Couple shooters today along with the Marlin 410.lever.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4119 Post by Sixgun » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:57 pm

Fred...where's the Marlin 410? Did you says "yours" or one that was brought by a couple of fellows?

Is that what a California range looks like? Where's the trees?---6

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#4120 Post by AJMD429 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:02 pm

I'm lazy, so for my hay-cutting I took my Roto-tiller (a 25-year-older version of this)....
Screenshot_2019-06-23-22-56-39-1.png
...and bought a sickle-bar attachment....
Screenshot_2019-06-23-22-55-26-1.png
I don't use it much any more though, but when the kids were little I made mazes in the several acres of pasture and 'horseweed' (giant ragweed) across the road with it.

BCS has an interesting history - https://bcsamerica.com/about-bcs
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#4121 Post by Old Savage » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 pm

Six, Marlin 410
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#4122 Post by 3leggedturtle » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:55 am

Doc, Forgot how useful they can be with all the different attachments.
GM, yeah my back and knees gave me reminders of how fun decks are to rebuild. Sheep at Six's, grass kept trimmed and extra vermin to shoot at! Best of both worlds.
Pitchy, how'd the cookout go on the new grille.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4123 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:35 am

NEW GRILL? COOKOUT? I didnt get an invite?! :D

Friends had a half acre garden years ago, she had a Guinea pig that she would set between the rows with the top half of its cage and that thing ate all the weeds. Just had to keep shuffling the cage along. The GP was happy and very little labor to be weed free!

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#4124 Post by Pitchy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:48 am

The new grill is the adjustable one i made for over a fire, trying to get the hang of cooking chicken over a fire turned out pretty good this time. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#4125 Post by Old Savage » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:18 am

Six, here is yesterday's target. What mess but the Marlin 410 shoots right to the bead at 15 - 25 yds. I certainly walked that 45 New Vaquero all over the place. The 357 Rossi shoots a bit high at 50 yds off no rest but sitting. Going by the best shots. Well I rested my elbows on rhe bench. The Walther P22 ran a couple 10 round mags with one hiccup.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#4126 Post by Old Savage » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:25 am

Not much in the way of trees in the desert. These are on a golf course and those mountains are 50 miles away.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4127 Post by Sixgun » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:01 am

whew!.....pulled a 10 hour sleep......did a lot of physical work yesterday.

Old Savage.....on to one of those "I should have bought it"......Your 410 is highly collectible.......(can I have it?)......about 15 years ago my buddy got in one of those in about 95% condition......most of them are in great shape as it was stock buyers who got them and people with money bought their food in those days.........ANYWAY,......I could have it for 5.....but beings I'm a nice guy I told my bud, "it's worth a lot more than that...go ahead and sell it for the business and put a $1,200 tag on it....sold in two hours.....

Fred....Your target looks fine.....I call that "we are not winning Cadillacs accuracy". It's not the extreme accuracy that gives us pleasure when shooting......it's the calmness that comes after focusing on pulling the trigger in a non competitive fashion that brings us the joy in our wonderful sport. Doing great and exceptional in any sport is not easy and takes discipline and increased focusing which leads to stress.......NOTHING beats a day at the gun club just blasting away at steel targets or rocks.

Gunny.....yea, Pitchy is having a bikers feast with his new adjustable grill. We ought to bust in on the fun. I can't drive that far and you don't want to either so let's get Jay to swing back this way, pick us up, drop us off at Pitchy's and then he can go back to "backwoods driving". Might as well pick up Turtledude while he's at it......ahh wtf, bring Old Savage too..he can bring along some of the soft stuff that invades his area.---6

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#4128 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:50 am

Dam you don’t buy a gun from some people for 6 months and when the road trip for a bbq comes along ya just get left behind. I see where I stand. Hmmph.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#4129 Post by Pitchy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:53 am

fordwannabe wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:50 am
Dam you don’t buy a gun from some people for 6 months and when the road trip for a bbq comes along ya just get left behind. I see where I stand. Hmmph.
Consider yourself lucky what those guys don`t know is if they come here i`m putting them to work cutting hay. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#4130 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:30 am

Well I do feel better. Thanks Pitchy.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#4131 Post by Old Savage » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:31 am

Six, the 410 was a gift from a patient, very knowledgeable gun guy. Another gave me a primo 1954 99.EG and a Marlin 35 Rem 336. And, come to think of it, another one gave me a Polish Mauser.

And thanks for the info. Think I had it pegged at about $800.

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#4132 Post by 3leggedturtle » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:42 pm

Pitchy wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:53 am
fordwannabe wrote:
Consider yourself lucky what those guys don`t know is if they come here i`m putting them to work cutting hay. :lol:
Here I thought we'd be making hay when the sun don't shine. Course you probably don't want those type of women on the property! :P :mrgreen:

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4133 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:56 pm

Umm I have hay fever... :lol:

FWB, I would have made sure to have picked you up, since neither Six or I like driving you could have been our chauffeur!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4134 Post by Sixgun » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:38 pm

fordwannabe wrote:

I made it clear with you.......you HAVE to buy one of my guns every two months or we ain't pals......Shyt Tom...I apologize....OF COURSE you can come....I forget a lot these days....Griff too.........you are needed as your the only one with a huge pick up truck can can haul me and Gunny and all of our gear to Pitchy's........when we get there, I'm gonna "hire you out" to do my hay cutting while Pitchy, Gunny and me drink and eat up everything at Pitchy's before we head west to catch up with Jay to sponge off of him for awhile. Off the subject, as your more of a Marlin guy than I can ever hope to be, what do you think that factory, choked smoothbore 1894 44-40 I have is worth?

Hey! This is almost as good as our make believe town, "Freedom".

Well, on a serious note, I tried like hell to burn up that Troy Built push mower I have.....it has a Honda engine. I used it as a bush hog out in the pasture cutting down grass 2' high in places I could not get the Kubota.... Phucking thing went through it like a hot knife through butter. Then I mowed around the pond and hit every rock there was....clunga chang boom clacka.....damm thing did not even break a keyway....took her back to the garage, sharpened the blade, changed the oil, power washed it and she fired right up with the Stinger 91 octane racing gas.......Me

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#4135 Post by Pitchy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:57 pm

Your off the hook Six we made another worker today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX6UVLoxex8
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#4136 Post by OldWin » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 pm

Pretty cool, Pitchy!

Well, we made it to Anchorage! Pretty smooth sailing, really. Saw some incredible country and really neat stuff.
Unbelievable how many closed and abandoned gas stations, stores, and motels are scattered along the way. My son said more than 5 years ago when he drove home.
I was blown away how well the 1 year old grandson and Ava the great dane did. They were awesome.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#4137 Post by AJMD429 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:08 pm

GunnyMack wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:35 am
NEW GRILL? COOKOUT? I didnt get an invite?! :D

Friends had a half acre garden years ago, she had a Guinea pig that she would set between the rows with the top half of its cage and that thing ate all the weeds. Just had to keep shuffling the cage along. The GP was happy and very little labor to be weed free!
Look up the phrase/book "chicken tractor" and there is a bunch of stuff on how to till your garden with chickens that way, plus get eggs to eat...! We made portable 'coops' that fit between (wide) garden rows and it works pretty well.

Ours look different than this pre-fab one, but you get the idea...

https://www.vermontvictorygreenhouses.c ... n-tractor/
Last edited by AJMD429 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4138 Post by GunnyMack » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:15 am

Glad the trip went flawless! Traveling with little levergunners and dogs can be hair raising!

Well it is raining again, thunderstorms started middle of the night/ early morning woke me at one point, over 1.3" so far! Glad I went fishing yesterday! :D

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#4139 Post by Pitchy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:17 am

Glad your getting there and having fun Jay.
Cool idea with the chickens.

Cut some more grass this morn, i`m amazed how little effort it takes.
This grass is pretty poor, some is real fine stem and tough and doesn`t cut very well then other is heavy with thick stems and it cuts good.
Having fun with it.
Here`s a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cr6O44n_-E
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4140 Post by Sixgun » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:03 am

Dang Pitchy...you make that look easy! You obviously have a razor sharpness on the blade plus I see you made a common sense complete handle for it. The longer "short handle" gives ya more leverage and is easier on your back by not having to bend over so much.

Got to be careful bending over here on the east coast as when you do, there's plenty of people waiting with something jamb up your azz.

Lucky Gunny........you get aaallllllll the rain...it passed over and under us last night......our front yard is about an acre and a half and the best I can do with the Kubota is a bit over and acre. I figure I'm cutting a third of an acre with the push mower. My neighbor, who's ground is a bit higher gets stuck if he even gets near wet grass....little John Deere with turf tires.....my 4 wheels drive Kubota with the farm tractor tires plows right through anything but I hate getting ruts in the grass and mud on the tires.

Oh shyt! Got a letter in the mail today telling me they are reassessing the real estate in Delaware County. They do this about every twenty years. Got,my fingers crossed on this one. The last reassessment added $2,000 a year to my taxes as they said the back two acres was a buildable lot....I had to take em to court to prove otherwise as most is semi swamp and is in the flood plain.-----6

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#4141 Post by Pitchy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:52 pm

Figure i better learn how to do it so when bad times come and i rustle a small herd of cattle and a milk cow i can feed the buggers. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4142 Post by Sixgun » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Pitchy wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:52 pm
Figure i better learn how to do it so when bad times come and i rustle a small herd of cattle and a milk cow i can feed the buggers. :lol:
Ahhhh come on Pitchy......you won't have to do nuttin'......in the meantime, while waiting for the bad times, you now have the time to build an army of little men like the one in the video...(I love it)......just space them about 6" apart on a 2x4 that's ten feet long....put an eye hook on each end with a rope that goes through the hooks and then meets in the middle so you can put it on the rear hitch of the JD. Give them each a shot of vodka or rum and they will cut away....all the way to the moon.....for a moon harvest!-----6

It's so dang hot here you just sweat standing still.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4143 Post by GunnyMack » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:30 pm

You lucked out Six!! That rain was hard and fast- the rivers are up again, look like chocolate milk too.

I'm ready to load a months worth or recycling and go dump it on the office floor of the garbage company !!- they have changed hands, and have not been picking up since May. I'm very tired of calling and pitching a fit ! Lady tells me today that the pickup day was changed- I replied it sits out from Monday until Friday and it isn't picked up. I guess it's time to find a new company.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4144 Post by Sixgun » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:37 pm

You recycle? Do they make you sort it out in different buckets? Here, it's everything in one bucket...glass, steel, aluminum, plastics,.......the only thing they want separate is the paper.

They pick up every Wednesday.......I usually have three buckets........no trash man in 44 years.......recycle the recyclables, burn the paper, old food goes over the fence and it always gone the next morn.....thank you Mr. and Mrs. 🦊. -----6

Griff
Posting leader...

#4145 Post by Griff » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:23 pm

So... you Jeep guys, you think the 2" spacer on the left looks better, or the 1" spacer on the right?
2-inch pacer.png
1-inch spacer.png
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4146 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:00 am

Six our company takes glass,plastic and light steel/aluminum in one container IF they come at all! No paper/cardboard.

Griff, are you doing the spacers or were there 2 different sizes on the Jeep when you got it?

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4147 Post by Sixgun » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:15 am

Gunny.....that contraption ain't no Jeep...it's Griff's golf cart with a 450 CAT installed

Griff.....I see you did a "spring over" conversion........you,don't want too much lift or the ride will suffer...and be dangerous.....ahhhh.h.......if it's a golf cart go with the imagination......

I did one of those conversions to my 5x10 trailer I use with my Jeep....I figured if the Jeep had a lift kit the trailer should match.......besides, with the Jeep lifted the trailer looked like it was flying to the sky even though I had a 12" drop hitch on the Jeep.

Jay will have better insight to your issue.------6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#4148 Post by OldWin » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:38 pm

Oh man! Home finally. I gotta take a week off to recover.

Now I see my old buddy Six is trying to make it look like I know something....... :D
Ok Griff, is this a golf cart? What you got under the hood?
As Six says, it looks like a "spring over". Usually, the spring pack sits on the axle, rather than under. It will lift the diameter of the axle, plus any change in arch. On a normal vehicle, this affects driveline/pinion angle and driveshaft/brakeline length. You can run into "axle wrap" chatter under load at takeoff.
Some of the same issues in front with the addition of caster issues and steering interference and crossover length problems.
As this isn't a conventional vehicle..... who knows.
If you do a spring over, dont add any lift blocks in addition. Weld the perches on the top for the springs, and at an angle that corrects the "driveline". Also, if there are shocks, they will need to be longer.
My personal rule is to never lift more than is absolutely necessary. The goal is balance and performance.
Sorry so long winded buddy.😁

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4149 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Welcome home OW- did you bring us souvenirs? :D

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#4150 Post by OldWin » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:52 pm

Haha I didn't have room for much! Got myself a couole Harley T-shirts and a couple small trinkets for the boys and folks. Room was at a premium on this trip!
Had a blast though. And man! Am I beat!
Thanks Gunny!