M1 Garand (camp fire)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: M1 Garand (camp fire)

#3451 Post by Griff » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:36 pm

GunnyMack wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:58 pm
Last 5 peices of crown moulding done by noon today. Here is what we were dealing with. The white stuff is new, 2 peices, the cherry is existing around the cabinets.20190405_104424-600x800.jpg

I've known a few guys that did the Honda swap, they really shut & git with a 16hp engine!!
That's really nice work.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#3452 Post by Sixgun » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:57 pm

Griff...YOU WON!!!! First one on page 70...when you are the first one on a big number...like 40, 50, 60 etc....you get a really big prize. Mmmmmmmm......what would you like to have......Can't give ya nothing from Pitchy....Gunny has all that....would you like Tom's "new" Marlin SRC? If you want, you could put that Rûby Goldberg thing in the garage and I'll send you over Gunny's Polaris quad or maybe Jays snowmobile...the last two gifts come with trailers. You could haul them around in Jays pickup.-your generous pal-----6
Donald Trumps Wall Will Work
After 2,000 Years, China Still Does Not Have Any Mexicans.

Griff
Posting leader...

#3453 Post by Griff » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:04 pm

I was thinking about that pink jeep in your garage... you can't hide it forever...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#3454 Post by Sixgun » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:00 pm

Griff wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:04 pm
I was thinking about that pink jeep in your garage... you can't hide it forever...
No..no.....I am only the ADMINISTRATOR of handling prizes to be given out....I can't legally take my stuff and give it away...only other people's stuff......(I'm training to be a Democrat)

It's a shame because Pitchy really had some nice stuff but everyone else was winning it. Gunny loves the old John Deere. I have most of Pitchy's guns and Jay now has a nice collection of pencils.

Well..keep chugging along Griff..I'd like to see a video of the golf cart in action.---6

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3455 Post by fordwannabe » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:13 pm

Good shooting tomorrow Jack. Hope the weather cooperates.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3456 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:07 am

Let's just say there was more than a few cuss words flying while that crown was being fit!

I'm going to start handing out Canine Confetti for each Page Winner! Don't know what CC is ? Well then just imagine 4 Labradors that shed for 6 months twice a year! Whenever there is a birthday, anniversary or anything else there is always a handful of dog hair in the card.

Just had a thought, shotgun ribs come loose, to check if the ribs are loose ya ring the barrels, I wonder if Tom could ring that receiver on his new Marlin, if it don't go THUNK I'd say it's not cracked!

Well the Black Rifle has just finished brewing!

Oh! I won a 7' 4wt travel flyrod last night at the club dinner! Going to try it out later today.
There is only one Earth. Do it a favor? GET OFF.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3457 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:10 am

Jack,Jack,Jack,Jack, HEY SIXGUN GET UP! You are gonna be late for the match!!

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#3458 Post by Pitchy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:29 am

Nice work Gunny.
Big snow coming Wed. saying 20 inch possible, i say it every year ya can`t trust April.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
He was the best little dog i ever had !!!!!
Sometimes I don`t even understand myself.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3459 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:17 pm

I saw that storm heading your way!

April is a wet muddy month down below...

Thanks Pitchy!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3460 Post by Sixgun » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:38 pm

What a day! Yea...braggin' rights! Big turn out at the club due to ..finally....super weather.......

Yea.....I won first place with a 28 x 40 using a 6" Smith and Wesson 629 Classic and 210 gr. cast bullets....and......at the end of the match we have a special 200 meter contest for the guys who think they can do it......costs ya $5......shot for shot at the 200 meter ram......using the 10" Ruger Maximum......yea....I won that too...and the pot...$35....... one 180 grain Hornady traveling 1400 dropped that 80 lb. ram like a sack of potatoes.......free day for me plus braggin rights.......yea....even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

My back is sore from all of the pats I received.....ain't easy being a winner.... :D ---6

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#3461 Post by Pitchy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:48 pm

Congrats Six, when your hot your hot. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
He was the best little dog i ever had !!!!!
Sometimes I don`t even understand myself.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3462 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:02 pm

Good for you Jack! Now I'm really glad I sent you a wake up post! :D

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3463 Post by OldWin » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:53 pm

Good for you buddy! Nice shootin! :D

Headed home early in the morning. Good thing. I'm beat from all our running around down here.
Been a great visit. Been like summer.
Then back home to more snow first of the week. :cry:
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered another round.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3464 Post by Sixgun » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:58 pm

Yea..thanks guys! .....and a special thank you to "The Gunny" for gettin' me outta bed. ...5 hours of sleep.....kilt me.....you guys may laugh but shooting matches are draining .....if you want to win....shooting is 90% mental and 10% physical.....lots of focusing and trying to block out the bs from other guys and the whiners who are always calling alibis.....same dicks every time....."uh, the cylinder won't turn"...."cartridge is jammed"...."that Sixgun guy is always farting"....."my sight fell off"....

It really is work....every shot counts.....I like to play and laugh all the time but today I really wanted to do good...rare to feel that way......I can phuck off at the other matches but the handgun match I am expected by the other guys to do good because I run my mouth about revolvers ...then my license plate is "SIXGUN" ...I'd be humiliated if I did any worse than 3 rd place...my buds would not let me forget that....

I even held back my big farts...I let a few loose but Lordy, my brother in law paid a hell of a price for my holding back....on the way home I must have farted 30 times...and those babies were LOUD.....while rolling down the window he said he felt the seat vibrate.....and that's with a stiff suspension Jeep and the radio blasting Black Sabbath!

Pitchy and Jay are still dealing with the snow. ......God Bless em.....Me, Gunny and Fordwannabe are done with winter....

Lever action matches next weekend...smallbore, pistol caliber, and big bore.

Ain't easy being retired with all these shooting matches....---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3465 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:01 am

Six you are right, a match can drain the life outta ya for sure! The club I shoot at is 65 miles away, I have to leave early, get home later than I'd like and ya gotta be able to flip the switch from laser focus to 5w dim bulb between squads. I know there are days I drag into the house a go straight to bed after a 2 day event.

Actually I wish the ground was still snow covered- boy is my lawn hurting! I gotta reseed, lime, fertilize...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3466 Post by Sixgun » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:26 pm

Gunny.....if the lawn is green, I'm happy.....that's how it always been with country people.....these city folk move in and spend thousands for companies to come out and feed/weed etc...then they pay someone to cut it! Unbelievable! I came from a neighborhood of middle class folk and out of the 72 houses in our development....NOBODY paid a commercial company to cut their grass....and each lot averaged 3/4 of an acre....some people paid kids like me $5 to cut it....that and being a paperboy kept me with the toys I wanted. The people at the end of our street who were well off had a Sears rider mower...not much more than a lawnmower with a seat....maybe a 24" cut...

Well.....did my annual corn cob media clean up.......this media is at least 30 years old and has probably cleaned a quarter million cases.....let it soak overnight in Tide....take it outside and spread it on screens....hose it down real good......a few hours in the sun and it's new again. It's not a "money thing" with me on this....I know what they do with corn cobs....it's trash....I ain't paying $10 for a little 5 pound jug of it....---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3467 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:28 pm

Last time I swapped out my corn cob I put the dirty stuff in old socks and it went in the washing machine- let it air dry by the pellet stove. Clean as a whistle.

I spent about 3 hours doing the yard, seed- lime- fertilizer. Also did a soil sample, slightly acidic, low nitrogen and potash.

Shoulda went fishin but my back is sore...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3468 Post by Sixgun » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:20 pm

Yea.....exciting lives were livin' ain't it?

Mom wants to take a ride up to Lancaster tomorrow..she wants a pavilion for the patio out back...like 12 x 18....I told her we could just take a half dozen to a dozen 55 gallon drums...stack em 2 high and plop some exterior plywood on it....weight it down with cinder blocks......shyt! Everybody has to be fancy these days.---6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3469 Post by OldWin » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:59 pm

Well, made it home. Had a great time but glad to be back.
Not so glad about the foot of snow they say we got coming. Hopefully, it's just the weather terrorists gettin in one last threat. :D

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3470 Post by Sixgun » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:10 pm

Hey Jay! (That rhymes). Driving, for me, sucks. I hate it....

Well, ya made it back...how's my Colts doing?

On a serious note I did an poor mans action job on my 629 Classic tonight.....new reduced power main spring and rebound slide spring.....scrubbed out the innards and applied Frog Lube grease to the moving parts and slapped the sideplate back on...this baby is nice now..it had a 3 and a quarter pull and it's now down to 2 pounds....with the target hammer it feels like a pound. Gonna test out some commercial .431 semi wadcutters tomorrow....just about out of Hensley and Gibbs 210 grainers and I don't feel like firing up the furnace.---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3471 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:01 am

When I lernt S&W action jobs the guy that was doing the class used powdered graphite on the innards. After smoothing all the sharp edges, polishing the flats inside the frame ya just sprinkle in the graphite and close it up. Very surprising how slick graphite is! I've since used nothing but in my S&Ws.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3472 Post by Sixgun » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:21 am

GunnyMack wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:01 am
When I lernt S&W action jobs the guy that was doing the class used powdered graphite on the innards. After smoothing all the sharp edges, polishing the flats inside the frame ya just sprinkle in the graphite and close it up. Very surprising how slick graphite is! I've since used nothing but in my S&Ws.

Gunny.....for real, I have a quart sized container of graphite and I too use it "here and there", especially on progressive loading tools where you don't want grease.......you have to understand, when did you go to gunsmith school.....in the 1930's?...only ball bustin').......I'm thinking the graphite will find it way out of the action in short order......on the other hand, oil attracts dirt.....I used synthetic Frog Lube grease on the moving parts after a thorough scrub out..it was not very dirty anyway, only logging 1200 rounds.

As an experiment, on the next Smith I pop the sideplate off, I'll clean and degrease and load up the graphite...I mean "load it up good".---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3473 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:05 am

1991-94 so yeah in the last century!!

It doesn't have to be a heavy amount and no it doesn't find it's way out. My K22,66 & 629 are all done with graphite.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3474 Post by Sixgun » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:50 pm

Had a little excitement today....me and mom cruised on down to Brandywine Hardware to get horse feed and on the way back we were at the crossroads in Chadds Ford. The Chadds Ford area is home to old money. The famous Wyeths lived there and some still do.....lots of DuPonts etc....anyway..back to 1965...I was listening in on the older guys who were like 16 and I remember they were talking about Andrew Wyeths son, who was around 20 at the time and that his daddy bought him a AC Cobra with the 428 in it....extremely rare.....today, originals are in the million dollar range.

So...back to the crossroads in Chadds Ford....out of the Sunoco gas station this car was pulling out..I said to mom, "look! An AC Cobra and it looks like Jamie Wyeth is driving it...I remember the big guys used to talk about that car" Mom says, "yep, that's that dickhead Jamie....he used to stop over at the horse barn." Jamie is now in his seventies and the car looked like it was made yesterday....it was blue with a big number 8 on it. It looks like the car I have pictured.

Well....big deal! I had a hundred dollars worth of horse feed in the Jeep...surprised Jamie didn't wink at me as a fellow millionaire. :D ---6

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3475 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:21 pm

You see alllllll the nice stuff (well and OS). I rode in a replica that was built by a ford restorer about 20 years ago. He used as much original stuff as possible, engine, trans, fuel filler, windshield frame, seats ect. I like to go fast as you know and that thing scared the poo out my butt. Serious brutal fast. Not high winding long distance fast like a Porsche but brute strong rip pieces of asphalt up power. The bodies on originals is approximately three pieces of beer cans thick.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3476 Post by Sixgun » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:29 pm

Ya know Tom...all the drugs and alcohol I did and that memory from 1965 came up instantly....never did I think about that till now.......the Wyeth family does from time to time but not the car. Andrew Wyeth was the son of N.C. Wyeth,,,both famous painters....the son is somewhat famous as a painter too but not like dad and gramps.....

Now I know why he was in that Sunoco station....gas...they sell high octane pure gas in five gallon cans....I bought five gallons last month but only 91 octane...for my small engines...$10 a gallon. His shyt was probably 96 octane at probably 15 a gallon.---6

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3477 Post by Old Savage » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:20 pm

OK, high octane ... hmm? Let's kind of get back on track from just misspelling crude lingo. :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

#3478 Post by gamekeeper » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:54 am

You just gotta love Old Savage, he's guaranteed to brighten up any topic...... :D
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3479 Post by fordwannabe » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:53 am

YOWSA.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3480 Post by Sixgun » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:37 pm

Dang! Is that all they do in California..screw? How come we don't get these cool things on the East Coast?

Fred....are you telling me that when she showed you her...uhhh......that you did not reach down and give those babies a squeeze? :D --6

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3481 Post by Old Savage » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 pm

Not me, mostly a good boy. :-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3482 Post by Sixgun » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:49 pm

Hey! I like the pile of toys on the bottom of the first pic......are they from Matt Lauer's office?--6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3483 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:58 am

Leave it To Six to be looking for toys :D

Well yesterday the last pieces of trim were installed. We removed all the tools, vacuumed and beat feet. Now to hand the screen doors today should be the end. Next week we start a basement renovation.

Boy I need some trigger time! Might have to go burn some 22s this weekend.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3484 Post by Sixgun » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:43 am

Gunny....you keep working! My nice fat check comes in in 5 days.

Yea.....ain't easy being a Caucasian guy.......three match silhouette event on Saturday.....small bore in the a.m., then pistol caliber, followed by big bore after lunch. Think I'll use the model 61 Winchester, a 44-40 Marlin, and an '86 of some sort for big bore. --6

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3485 Post by Old Savage » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:49 am

OK Six, I won the bucket at golf tournament. :-) The Single Six I had to buy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3486 Post by fordwannabe » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:56 am

Don’t mean to be too crude but... that bucket and revolver were not the play things I noticed in those pictures.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3487 Post by Sixgun » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 am

Yea...I agree with Tom.......no doubt in my mind that the toys at the top of the bucket were hiding Matt's toys underneath....still with residue on em.....a few pube's still stuck on... :D

Hey, on a realist note, just came back from the post office.....2/10's down the road......and the odometer looked funny with all these zeros......and wouldn't ya know it, just as I pulled into the driveway, it went to 50,001. Gotta stop all this driving...it only took me 14 years to rack em all up.---6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3488 Post by OldWin » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:50 pm

Mines got 57k in 16 years.
But they are probably a little rougher miles than yours, buddy.

Griff
Posting leader...

#3489 Post by Griff » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Sixgun wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:04 am
Yea...I agree with Tom...
Hey, on a realist note, just came back from the post office.....2/10's down the road......and the odometer looked funny with all these zeros......and wouldn't ya know it, just as I pulled into the driveway, it went to 50,001. Gotta stop all this driving...it only took me 14 years to rack em all up.---6

Piker... Twice my truck has seen this many zeros... AFTER leaving the factory
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3490 Post by Sixgun » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:50 pm

I'm sorry Griff ....I always thought I drove more than an over-the-road cross country trucker. Shyt! You log more in a week than I do all year. And for real, I commend you for all your miles and still being here to bs. You have steel nerves bro....I get worked up going down the driveway.....in a little four wheeler!

And to you my northern friend.....I bet your miles are harder. When I was your age we used to laugh at people who had shiny 4 wheel drive vehicles with no dirt em.....phucker's were never off the road......now I'm one of them.

Ain't easy gettin old..huh Griff?---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3491 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:24 pm

Well Six my 07 Ram 2500 with the 5.9L Cummins has 54,000 miles! It has been to CO &back, Quebec quite a few times but mostly back roads. Love that truck & other than tires & brakes all I've done is a water pump.

Griff, you sir have my respect! The over the road truckers keep the country going. A good buddy is an OTR , he is hardly ever home but he loves to be in the saddle.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3492 Post by Sixgun » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:15 am

OK....what's happening? .....what you bros doin' tday? sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt........nuttin' much.......well, in dat case I'll do my taxes tday. ----6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3493 Post by GunnyMack » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:38 am

Well today is fighting & cussing an Anderson storm door. Not really that bad, just a hint of cussing. Brr its chilly today, glad I put my long skivvies on this morning!

Ah the tax man got his claws in me this year... rat bazturd!

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3494 Post by fordwannabe » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:48 pm

Ol taxman got us too. Not bad but Dam after what they do To my check every two weeeks to have the balls to say we owe more takes a set.
Rant sorta off.. maybe

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3495 Post by GunnyMack » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:20 pm

I hear ya FWB! Just think how much of our hard earned $ is going to that lazy old Sixgun that he turns into crusty old guns that he then sells for profit! :lol:

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3496 Post by Old Savage » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Taxes done yesterday but were already paid up through this June last year.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3497 Post by Sixgun » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:45 pm

Ha...ha...you working folk......guess what? I paid NO taxes in 2018.....I owe them nuttin'.... ......no taxes all year and no taxes at tax time....nuttin'..........the tax accountant told me I was "just under the threshold" from some law Trump put into effect!
Ha..ha...I make the same money not working as I did working.....(take home pay).......that means I do nuttin' all year, pay NO taxes, (except real estate)....make the same money......buy all the phucking guns I want to....shoot all the ammo my little heart desires....attend all the shootin' matches I want to EVERY weekend.......ha....ha.....

As far as the government is concerned and what they know about me...is that I'm poorer than a church mouse....AND ITS ALL LEGAL! I do all the right things....keep my money in IRA's and other "shelters" and pay NO taxes...that means "ZERO" taxes. For those who can't read that's "0. :D FOUR checks a month are deposited in my accounts for me to pull out in hundred dollar bills anytime I want to and spend it any way I want to! (That means GUNS, JEEPS, AMMO, RELOADING SUPPLIES, ENTRY FEES FOR THE MATCHES, NEW SCOPES, BAR'S, AR-15's, BINARY TRIGGERS, GASOLINE, TRUMP HATS, TRUMP T-SHIRTS, WIFI FOR TALKING TO YOU WORKING FOLK, GUN CASES, ELECTRICITY FOR THE GUN ROOM, HEAT AND COOLIMG FOR THE GUN ROOM, TARGETS, PRIMERS, GUN CLUB DUES, OLD WINCHESTERS AND COLTS, HOLSTERS, OLD TANG SIGHTS, T BONE STEAKS, PURE ORANGE JUICE, BLACK RIFLE COFFEE, OOOOOOOOHHHH....IM TIRED OF EVEN THINKING OF ALL THE NEAT STUFF....FOR FREE!!!!

Thanks guys! Keep on paying in......(don't want to have to break an IRA)-----Your friend.....Jamal & Lakeisa Womack a.k.a. Mohammed & Aabish Baqri.......a.k.a. Miguel Antonio Pasquale Hernandez......a.k.a.Blaine Garber :D

Oh man! I LOVE Donald Trump. HES THE BEST!

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3498 Post by GunnyMack » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:02 pm

God bless ya Six you deserve it!

Now for some new business!
Tin Cup whiskey- its GOOD stuff! I think ya all should try it.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3499 Post by Sixgun » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:21 pm

'another day of nuttin'....got a match in the a.m....if I get up....-1

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3500 Post by GunnyMack » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:16 pm

I hope you can do back to back wins Six!! The rain is supposed to stop about dawn- might be a little muddy though!