M1 Garand (camp fire)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: M1 Garand (camp fire)

#3151 Post by GunnyMack » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:35 pm

GK we are glad to have you ! Haven't heard from Nath... ?

Boy at first I thought 'wow Six is really on the ball today!' Oh wait he was quoting Teddy- Nice job Sixgun!! Yup that paragraph says a lot.

Had a mini blizzard here before! Couldn't see across the yard for about 20 minutes! More snow possible tomorrow then RAIN Sunday- oh that's going to make a real mess!

Well met with my tax preparer today... dont look good... seems someone completely forgot about sending the estimated quarterly taxes in ! D'OH.
There is only one Earth. Do it a favor? GET OFF.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3152 Post by Old Savage » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:46 pm

Six, our philosopher in residence, shining the light.

Six if you see any fancy servings that is my wife or daughters. When my wife is away with her mom this weekend I will have out one each, knife, plate, Bowl, fork and spoon which I will rinse after use.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#3153 Post by 3leggedturtle » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:49 pm

Old Savage wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:46 pm
Six, our philosopher in residence, shining the light.

Six if you see any fancy servings that is my wife or daughters. When my wife is away with her mom this weekend I will have out one each, knife, plate, Bowl, fork and spoon which I will rinse after use.
OS, you dont just lick them clean?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage: The Original short action, compact, high velocity cartridge.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3154 Post by OldWin » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:56 pm

Welcome GK! We are glad to have you, my friend. Like Six said, I got a heap of respect for the Brits. They stood the gaff with a "stiff upper lip", when few would.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered another round.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3155 Post by Old Savage » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:35 pm

Six, you want to talk about your fancy eating, that is a Nathan's with that chili.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3156 Post by Old Savage » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:13 pm

GK, this is from jolly old England. Says R. Cooper, Sheffield, England.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3157 Post by GunnyMack » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:17 pm

Many years ago Rolling Rock had a trap shooting team, rumor was they shot over the water supply. Since I heard that I've never drank it again.
Had to stop drinking yuengling beer too as they endorsed the Hildabeast!

Nathan's are good, had chili yesterday. Local store has 'fiesta dogs' - jalapeno & cheese they are fantastic!

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#3158 Post by Sixgun » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:57 pm

Mmmmmmmm. OS...THAT is eating! I cringed when I looked at that......my mouth started to water.... ..then I saw the beer... double the water mouth.....dang! Hot dogs and beans and 🍺 beer......for real....not much else is as good as that...and the beer.....I can't have ANY of that anymore.......not to mention the GREAT side effects of all of it....you will fart so long and loud the neighbors will think a thunderstorm is coming. :D

You and the knives OS....you ain't that hillside guy they were looking for back in the eighties, were you? :D

Yea Gunny...on the yeungling.....I used to drink that too..I've been by the brewery many times in Pottsville. Surprised they would endorse the beast....everyone in Pottsville is a good ole boy redneck....oh well.

Well....WAS going to go to the club tomorrow and do some long range practicing with the AR's and the new to me 77 Sierra Matchkings.....only 5 mile an hour winds. ....phucked off all day in the gunroom doing stupid stuff instead of getting ready.....we have our first of the year levergun silhouette match on Saturday....small bore, pistol caliber, and big bore.....120 shots in competition and another 50-100 or so practicing......you know, got to "get into the arena"....or you never will know what the feel of victory or defeat is.......sad to those who will never know.

And Turtleman...your getting good! "Licking the plates/spoons clean!" Ya fit right in with the misfits!------6
Donald Trumps Wall Will Work
After 2,000 Years, China Still Does Not Have Any Mexicans.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3159 Post by Old Savage » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:01 pm

Six, I hesitate to mention my baloney and onion sandwich with mayo on sourdough for lunch, Bar S, the cheap baloney.

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#3160 Post by Pitchy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:03 pm

Well fellers looks like your all having fun in here glad ya are, i felt like i wasn`t fitting in with the conversations not knowing chit about stuff like you guys.
I`m going to take a little R&R for a few days so heads up on that, my prostate has been acting up again and has effected my hip and just haven`t been feeling well.
The crossbow projects have tired me out on building stuff for a spell so i think i`ll take it easy a few days.
Love ya all hang in there and see ya soon.
Lenn :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
He was the best little dog i ever had !!!!!
Sometimes I don`t even understand myself.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3161 Post by OldWin » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:06 am

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, Lenn. You are in our thoughts and prayers buddy. Get some rest!

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3162 Post by OldWin » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:10 am

Man! Bummer on the Yuengling! We can't get it up here, but every time we go south I get some.
No More!
You can learn something from everyone. The liberals have taught me this.
I unwaveringly avoid any product that is anti gun. The wallet vote is most powerful. I also make it known to the company I'm doing it.
A prime example of it's effectiveness is Dicks Sporting Goods. LET THEM ROT AND BURN ETERNAL! I never forget, and hold a grudge like the devil himself.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3163 Post by GunnyMack » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:55 am

Pitchy hope you feel better soon! Gotta pace yourself my friend.

Jack you need air gun scale silhouettes so you can practice in the basement! That's why I bird hunt in the winter- keeps my head in the game come spring bunker shooting time.

OW- yeah man phuck them anti's!!

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#3164 Post by Sixgun » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:59 am

What? . Where am I? . Who? It's 8 am......why am I here?.......am I dead or is this a dream? . Who? .... ..Siv

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3165 Post by GunnyMack » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:02 am

Deep breath Jack, you areNOT dead! You safe and sound in your own home. If need be take your iPad and the dog into the terlit, drop an Omar and you'll feel much better!

Griff
Posting leader...

#3166 Post by Griff » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:47 am

Sixgun wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:52 pm
gamekeeper wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:18 pm
Sixgun wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:34 pm
Wow! 600 "reads" in three days and only 7 replies from regulars..... Sure is a lot of rubber neckers out there, peeping through the curtains like they are peeping in the windows of the neighbors pre teen boys...... :D ......all quiet........looking over their shoulder.........standing on a cinder block......... ... :D ----6
Hey 6, I keep looking but you're all having more fun than me so that would make my input sound stuff.
If I could build a crossbow or dig my way out of 8ft of snow I would post about it every day and I'm certainly not going into any detail on the soft stuff :lol:
Anyway the Crown has asked me to keep an eye you colonials, just in case we need to step up production of Brown Bess'es.
Nath is our current arms tester and has perfected the prerfect load for our muskets, now accurate at over 50 paces :o
Gamekeeper.......naaaaa..... ...your way off base...... we ain't having no fun, it just looks that way...... you are doing the manly thing by joining in instead of watching from the sidelines like so many other people do and run off and scamper like little rabbits......Thank you! I have always admired the strength of the English people.....they stood tall and fought Hitler while the rest of Europe surrendered and waited till the Americans saved em... ..especially the snail eating French.....as good ole Teddy said.......
“The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly; who know the great enthusiasums, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who at best know the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly, so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Stay cool bro!---6
Well 1st... I ain't no "peepin' creep"... I stare outright, (at wimmens, grown-up perfection deserves admiration)! :P :P But someone seems to know an awful lot about the peepers! :twisted: :lol:

Gamekeeper... If the Crown foolishly contemplates sending more young boys over here w/Brown Besses in an attempt to subdue us "colonials", you might advise them that they're going to needlessly lose a lot of young boys... as the current crop of Pennsylvania & Kentucky rifles are vastly improved... and they should be mindful of how their last 2 attempts worked out! We Levergunners need to stick together. :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

#3167 Post by marlinman93 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:55 am

Anyone see the two experimental barreled M1 Garands in .22-06 duplex that sold last weekend at auction? One for $11,000 and the other for I think $12,500? These were the predecessor to the military's change to the .223 M16, and the military thought they might simply neck down .30-06 to get high speed .22 rifles, and simply rebarrel the M1 to accept this round.
These "duplex" .22-06 M1's show up occasionally for sale to civilian markets, but previous examples have gone several times what these last two went for. Don't recall which auction these were at, and lost my link too.

Here's an older one at Rock Island.
https://www.rockislandauction.com/detai ... 206-duplex

Edit! Found the links to Little John's auction.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Milit ... n/46517368

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Milit ... n/46517369
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

#3168 Post by gamekeeper » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Old Savage wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:13 pm
GK, this is from jolly old England. Says R. Cooper, Sheffield, England.
I have a William Rogers, Sheffield Bowie somewhere.
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

#3169 Post by gamekeeper » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:19 pm

Quote:
Gamekeeper.... If the Crown foolishly contemplates sending more young boys over here w/Brown Besses in an attempt to subdue us "colonials", you might advise them that they're going to needlessly lose a lot of young boys... as the current crop of Pennsylvania & Kentucky rifles are vastly improved... and they should be mindful of how their last 2 attempts worked out! We Levergunners need to stick together. :D
Griff,

I reckon the Crown would more likely (if the Crown had sense) side with the colonials this time, if we ever break free of Europe our English speaking friends around the world will be a lot more important to us...anyway we don't fancy facing Kentucky rifles again. :lol:
GK
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3170 Post by fordwannabe » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:23 pm

Hey Pitchy, get better soon. I will be thinking about you while you are on hiatus.
Did somebody just mention Garands on this thread? Who knew you could talk about such stuff on here. Hehe
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3171 Post by Sixgun » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:13 pm

See? It you took a few mindless posts and look at the variety we have here.....and growing!!!!!

Whew,,,,woke up at sometime before 8 and stayed up for a couple of hours....then the dog barked from the bedroom....so I went in there and played with Miss Apples and the next time I know, it was 1:30....back into that deep blissful sleep.....

Griff gave me an idea......I'm gonna study up on peepers today. I do know a guy who was arrested for that....decades ago...
he told me he was just passing through a back yard on his way to get a pack of smokes...and the people called the cops. Dunno...this cat was a whack job and I'm sure he was "peeping and whacking" :D

Thanks Gunny....dropped off Captain Omar and just as I hit the flush, Sergeant Mohammed and Private Jamal came along so I gave them the flush too.

Gotta go....made some big moves last night in the gunroom and I have some organizing to do.------6
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3172 Post by Sixgun » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:24 pm

THIS is where the action is........with members growing steadily................ :D

You want drama.....hang around.....NEVER a dull moment.........ruffling feathers on the non believers, bringing out the best "to the best".....think----6
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3173 Post by Old Savage » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:13 pm

Six, Cali, where the fancy eating never ends. Yes, baloney, mayo sour dough, onion and potato chips. And yes, Bar S your cheapest@

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3174 Post by GunnyMack » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:29 pm

Sour dough- yup
Mayo - nope
Baloney- yup
Tater chips -yup
Raw onion - nope I'll be burping them for a week!!

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

#3175 Post by gamekeeper » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:50 pm

I love potato chips (we call 'em crisps) on a sandwich, prefer ham and mustard to baloney, get enough baloney on here.… :lol:
Most Brits of Anglo Saxon stock love "chip butties" not good for yer arteries but bloody lovely... :D

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3176 Post by OldWin » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:57 pm

Baloney and mayo?
You gotta be kidding me......that's nasty!
Baloney needs spicy mustard......and maybe some potato chips. That's right, I'm white trash. :D
GK! Chips on a sammich! You da man! I call honorary American Hillbilly status! :D

Man! I'm beat. Got home from work and hit the trail for a quick 100 mile trail ride. Beautiful day here! I went by a camp in Athens, and only a foot of the door was visible above the snow.
Got home and got on the ladder and got some ice off the roof. Man, it was a foot thick in one spot.
So yeah, I've about had it for today.
Gotta get some rest. Taking the wife for a ride tomorrow.

There aren't many other places I'd want to live. Just a couple, maybe.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3177 Post by GunnyMack » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:12 pm

For me chips on PBJ! But my most favorite lunch is a good cheddar, triscut olive oil & pepper crackers, some venison summer sausage and Tabasco red!

Jay get yourself a super soaker squirt gun, fill it with salt water and food coloring- darker the better. Salt to get it going but the color absorbs sun light, icicles will melt fast. No ladder needed!! Or just shoot the icicles down with your air rifle!

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3178 Post by OldWin » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:27 pm

Big 10-4 on the cheese, crackers, and sausage buddy. I do that all the time......probably too much.

I've done that with the salt before. Just worry it will be hard on the shingles. It doesn't leak. My whole roof has ice and water shield under the shingles.
Been a tough winter here.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3179 Post by GunnyMack » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:40 pm

Yeah I hear that! To have over 5 feet is hard on everything! I remember the blizzard of 78, the schools were closed for days, roads weren't plowed, drifts allowed us kids to sleigh ride off the roof of a ranch style house!

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

#3180 Post by gamekeeper » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:51 pm

GunnyMack wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:40 pm
Yeah I hear that! To have over 5 feet is hard on everything! I remember the blizzard of 78, the schools were closed for days, roads weren't plowed, drifts allowed us kids to sleigh ride off the roof of a ranch style house!
I remember the winter of 62/63 worst weather in the UK for years, I never had so much fun 8) I wouldn't find it so much fun nowadays..... :evil:

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3181 Post by GunnyMack » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:53 pm

Aye mate now its WORK! But I still enjoy the snow!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3182 Post by Sixgun » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:10 pm

Well....while you boys have been debating on mayo vs. mustard I've been w.o.r.k.i.n.g.! Good ole Gamekeeper talked about the winter of 62 in the U.K......shyt, I was only 8 years old at the time.....curious Gamekeeper.....does snow hit you guys from time to time? Maybe more in the North?

Anyway, on to mustard vs. mayo....my wife says Old Savages sandwich with the mayo is no good.....I strongly disagreed.....I prefer mayo......mustard is for people who eat baby shyt....that stuff is naassstttyyyy....

I'm with you Freddy!

Well, I moved the Liberty safe next to the monster......by myself.....using German ingenuity.----6

Before

After

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3183 Post by Old Savage » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:29 pm

Let me straighten this out There is no debate on mustard vs mayo. Mayo is good, mustard is good or mayo and mustard is good, personal taste. I am surprised this is an issue. You all should not trust your own opinion after I have provided guidance. I hope this area is now clear.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3184 Post by fordwannabe » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:14 pm

Two things!
First; mayo is good mustard is good. Miracle whip is a communist plot to over through the American way of life, and pizz on John Wayne’s memory.
Two; Dam it Jack now I have to learn where all the good stuff is relocated and make a new plan for getting as much as possible in Jays rented out buffalo coat.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3185 Post by Sixgun » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:38 pm

I'll make THIS clear O.S...........anyone coming close to my house with musturd (musturd) will be given a warning shot to the head. No musturd.....NO miracle Whip.....and most certainly, NO foreign guns. If that's the shyt they use in Kali, well, I do hope Kali breaks off and floats to Sri Lanka ........and takes all the musturd with em. There!

I HATE musturd.

OK, on to fun........just ate mom's famous meatloaf with Italian tomato sauce......still hungry.....I would have more but we fed the dogs and cats the meatloaf too.....must have been 5 pounds of the stuff......everyone except me is laying around with fat bellies.......

Yea Tom.......that move was made for Jay.....he was having me explain something about a gun in one safe while he was filling his pockets from the other safe.....then he moved to the other safe and started asking questions...next thing ya know my safes are half empty and he's walking up the stairs with the steps cracking from the weight.....so I moved em both together.

Hey, I found something for you tonight....I wa going rough some 1950's catalogs and dealer lists when I found this "Marlin firearm registry" with pictures from the 50's....still new....60 years old.....

Man! I found all kinds of old catalogs and dealers catalogs with prices etc. that I never knew I had from the 40's on.....---6

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

#3186 Post by gamekeeper » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:22 am

Quote:Sixgun.
Well....while you boys have been debating on mayo vs. mustard I've been w.o.r.k.i.n.g.! Good ole Gamekeeper talked about the winter of 62 in the U.K......shyt, I was only 8 years old at the time.....curious Gamekeeper.....does snow hit you guys from time to time? Maybe more in the North?

We do get some snow each winter down here in the south but up in Scotland you can go skiing .
Half an inch of snow down south and and everything grinds to a halt. :roll:

GK

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3187 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:03 am

Ya know Six I have always referred to mustard as baby shyt too! YUCK!

As for mayo, as a kid I got a bad sun burn on my back, at a family bbq an aunt says to my mom ' just smear him up with mayo and he will be fine' well there I sat for hours covered in mayo. To this day the smell of mayo makes me want to puke!!

Nice job moving your safe, I bet there were a few choice words while wrestling it to its new home!

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3188 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:45 am

Oh did you ever go test those 77s?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3189 Post by OldWin » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:54 am

All right! Now wait just a minute!

Both mustard AND mayo are good. FW is right about miracle whip, it's a communist plot.
Mayo is just NOT good on baloney.
Now, I do feel bad. Being a mustard eater, I'm not welcome back at my buddy Jack's house. How does the wife feel about mustard? Hmmmm?
Next,
Now if I got outta there with alllllll these primo shootin' irons like Six claimed, why does he need TWO safes?
Looks like he was holdin out on me. I need to head back for another load.
I got a confession.......until my last visit, I just photoshopped all my gun pics. Thank's to my buffalo coat, I got a fair collection for a somewhat slow Maine hick. :D

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3190 Post by Old Savage » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:16 am

Well you won't catch me trying sneak any mustard into Six's place. I like the cheap stuff, high in turmeric.

Now if you come to Cali be careful. If you order a burger in a Mexican joint they will put thousand island on it if you don't tell them not to.

You won't get any scrapple out here.

Here is a picture of what my K 22.can do and I used to be able to.

And one of my 45 ACPs, yup, extra cylinder. The holster was made by Chuck 100 yd.

And here is Cowboy Tutt in full recoil with his 460 Smith snobby.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3191 Post by Sixgun » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:28 pm

Oh shyt! Where the phuck do I start? ........well, I do like to cuss....for no reason......when I was very little I could not say my "F's".....for real, had to go to a speech therapist when I was 6 or 7..........well, I sure know how to say em now! Ha!

Well, another day of fun is sure to be on the horizon........yea......... busted plenty of balls the last few days..... and will willfully continue.......

OK....first...the "Master Gunny"........nope! I was supposed to go to the club yesterday and did not want to because I never finished the safe move and reorganization of the back side of the gunroom that I started on Wednesday.......I truly despise doing something when other shyt is in the back of my mind...gotta finish what I started........and then..........and thennnnnnn......along came John.........smooth talking John........... :D hey! Remember that song from the sixties? You tube it, funny...............OK, your seeing ADHD in action.......and then........we were supposed to have a match today and my BIL called me last night saying it was cancelled due to range conditions....mud...and I was HAPPY that it was cancelled...I was still working on the safe.....

Next!.....Jay......the wife LOVES mustard.....I HATE it.......if she puts the mustard next to the mayo in the fridge, I'll move it to the freezer and when I move it to the freezer, I find all kinds of stuff in there I like that's supposed to be in the fridge... :D shyt.....more ADHD......

And Colonel Savage.........I WILL steal that K-22 if I get the chance.....a very nice example of early to mid sixties of S&W craftsmanship. Now to brag time.....one day I walked in this gunshow and there was a nickel model 17 in the showcase and I immediately bought it....$399 IIRC.......sold it a week later for $2500......it belonged to the owner's father and I immediately recognized it as one of a dozen specially made for the Baltimore police ...was still NIB.....yea.....the money was quickly spent on other junk doing stupid shyt like upgrading 1886's...---6

Big day today....sunshine!......55 degrees! I'm going outside to play!------6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3192 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:41 pm

My K22 is if I remember a '53...? Sadly it was reblued due to some moron leaving outside for a week we said dipshyt went in the house to take a phone call... BUT I have done the action work and its smooooth :lol: ! I had it lettered but what I did with the letter I cant remember. Probably in one of the safes.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3193 Post by Old Savage » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Six, right on on the K 22. Bought it in 66.

Funny you should mention the mustard/mayo :)

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3194 Post by Sixgun » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:09 pm

Oooooooo OS......when your sleeping, the musturd and the mayo are battling.........like a conservative and a liberal they need to kept separate. :D I might even know Smith & Wessons as well as I know Colts and Winchesters......at least the Smiths made before around the mid seventies.....after that, and even during the seventies, craftsmanship went the way of the Mexicans.

I do believe they shoot better today but the "look" is gone. Your 17 is a three screw sideplate and with the diamond grips, along with the style, says 1960's.

Gunny....the early 17's, like the early Ruger single sixes are much better shooters than later ones......just expanding the groove diameter a thou or a hair over makes all the difference with a .22......as was done when the .22 mag came out.

Super nice day today......got the house with the windows open to get out the stale air....mom is raising hell with me at the moment....as I type this, she's complaining from the other room....."hey azzhole, it's cold in here." Can't seem to get a break.---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3195 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:55 pm

Not quite warm enough here to open the windows but you are 100% correct- a beautiful day indeed!

When I first traded for the K22 i figured I'd sell it or trade it off but then i shot it- yeah its staying here.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3196 Post by fordwannabe » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:01 pm

School me on the model 17 and k22. Sometimes I think they are going send interchangeably but I don’t know a lot about them cept I like my 17.

Griff
Posting leader...

#3197 Post by Griff » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:03 pm

1st and foremost, mayo & mustard each have their place amongst one's condiments. Mayo, for those bland sandwiches that truly lack imagination, and for mixing into ingredients when needed to tame the wild taste of things like tuna and chicken... It also serves to appease those with a weaker constitution, where spicy foods tend to unbalance them. Those that think having their sammich on wheat bread is daring... :twisted:

Not all catsup is Heinz, not all mustard is French's... but mayo is always egg yolk, oil & vinegar...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3198 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:21 pm

Griff wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:03 pm
1st and foremost, mayo & mustard each have their place amongst one's condiments. Mayo, for those bland sandwiches that truly lack imagination, and for mixing into ingredients when needed to tame the wild taste of things like tuna and chicken... It also serves to appease those with a weaker constitution, where spicy foods tend to unbalance them. Those that think having their sammich on wheat bread is daring... :twisted:

Not all catsup is Heinz, not all mustard is French's... but mayo is always egg yolk, oil & vinegar...
Are you calling me UNbalanced ? Just cuz I put Tabasco on just about everything!!?? :D

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3199 Post by Old Savage » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:41 pm

Six, decided to do a roast into chili. Here is the meat chilies simmering as the southwest, Texas crew says.

Griff
Posting leader...

#3200 Post by Griff » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 pm

GunnyMack wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:21 pm
Griff wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:03 pm
Are you calling me UNbalanced ? Just cuz I put Tabasco on just about everything!!?? :D
No... why does Tabasco unbalance you? :P Myself... I don't have Tabasco on everything... I tend to leave it off my peanut butter sandwiches, pancakes... ice cream or cereal... :twisted: :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!