M1 Garand (camp fire)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: M1 Garand (camp fire)

#3101 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:37 am

9miles NE Of Hamburg is my 'home' club- Ontelaunee Gun club.

How much snow did you guys get? About 5in here, heavy wet stuff.
There is only one Earth. Do it a favor? GET OFF.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3102 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:59 am

About that here also guys. Gunny I have a buddy who works at the Hamburg Cabelas and his GF is a big deal in the gun library there. He only works part time now, he used to be full time but they pizzed him off and he only makes $11 after years there so pffffttttt. I wish I had known you were gonna be up there I would have at least bought ya a cup o coffee. I am 30-40 minutes from there.
Maybe one weekend day when you are going to your home club you, me , and Mr phucket can meet a Cabelas for a little shopping and breakfast.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3103 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:21 am

Yeah that could work! The interview happened fast, not much planning involved on my end.
That 11 bucks an hour is an insult if ya ask me. I could understand a kid outta school and needing training making that but geeze that is just wrong.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#3104 Post by Sixgun » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:35 am

Hey...hey...hey......."Mr. phucket?".......I take that as a compliment...thank you, my friend. :lol:

Gunny...you get around......we have some members at our club who also live in Jersey....and........I set you up for the win... again! Can't think of nothing to award you. Except, maybe uhhhhh.... I do have a trailer load of junk I'm going to take to the scrapyard from past wins......say........would you like some rusty angle iron?.....how about an old microwave with no cord?

My buddy owns a hundred and a half acres just outside of Minersville, it's calls Heckersville.....I spelled it wrong but it's something like that.....consists of a dozen run down old shacks with junk cars in the yards and fat young girls sitting on the porches with babies in their arms, usually with a still out back.

I feel mischievous today. Mmmmmmmmmmm.....gonna get into something.----6

$11 an hour? Ain't so bad. If I broke it down, that's about what I make for an 80 hour work week for doing nothing. Hell, I do not even have to drive to work anymore and my checks are automatically put in the bank. Nice people out there....money for nothing and your chicks for free. :D
Donald Trumps Wall Will Work
After 2,000 Years, China Still Does Not Have Any Mexicans.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3105 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:46 am

If you want to deliver my winnings I'll take them rust angle irons off yer hands!

So I finished plowing and fired up the snowblower to cut trail for Dixie, she don't get around that well, if I don't make her trails she will pee on the deck. Anyhow Parker took the snow flying as a great new game! She ran along side catching snow . I couldn't figure out how to video and snow blow at the same time. Was laughing the whole time.

Now in I can find some ambition I'll start making a cradle for my soon to be born great niece. Eh maybe tomorrow!

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#3106 Post by Sixgun » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:48 am

Gunny....just looked at the map where your club is...I used to shoot a couple of times a year at Hamburg Rifle/Pistol Club for matches. Shyt....we probably know the same people.--6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3107 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:01 pm

I only know a few of the regular club members, us International trap shooters are looked at like red headed step children by the rest of the club. But we have a heck of a lot of fun and lots of great food!! Heck I dont even have a membership!

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3108 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:35 pm

I used to belong to Hamburg rifle and pistol when I lived in...Hamburg. Right on Main Street across the corner from the old legion bar. A lot of the guys that worked at Cabrlas made out with the incentive points, like sell x number leupold scopes and you could buy one of anything for next to nothing. Some kept them for nice optics on their own stuff some “moved” them at a slight discountover retail to friends which was a huge profit for the employees. Since Bass pro took over most of that went away. They have trouble getting people and more trouble keeping people. My buddy said I should apply for the gun department a couple years ago, and I met him and talked to the gun manager at the time. he seemed interested, then they hit me with the training. I needed forty hours training all day shift, Monday thru Friday. UHMM bud I have a day job for a shyt load more than $10 an hour. Their solution was to take a week of vacation and spend it with them being trained, then I would make my whole day job rate and $10 an hour.
AND WASTE A WHOLE WEEK VACATION. Uh no.! And when I thought about it, I really don’t want to work for anybody that thinks that’s a good solution to the issue anyway.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3109 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:00 pm

Yup that's corporate America at its finest!
I think there could be perks working there but not for the pennies they pay!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3110 Post by Sixgun » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:09 pm

Yea...I hear ya Tom........maybe there's enough people who really do seriously need a job and will submit to their demands by doing anything. I never could see myself selling my soul for the pleasure of the ruling class.

Common sense would tell ya that knowledgeable sales people would draw more customers, and thus, more sales. It's why I do most of my hardware/home improvement shopping at the Brandywine Ace store instead of Home Depot....those people at the "helpful hardware store" know what they are talking about and are always willing to help. I go to Home Depot when my back is to the wall. At Home Depot the workers are retired guys who really don't give a shyt anymore.

Oh well, I'm gonna look in the safe and see what I can sell Tom and maybe load some .223's---

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3111 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 pm

Just so you know ol buddy. Mrs fordwannabe got done with our taxes and even though we both claim zero deductions and they rob my paycheck every two weeks like they were holding a gun on me, we still owe ol Uncle Sam. Son of a Beach. How is this shyt possible? Between oweing Uncle Sam, parts for the mustang (and good old inspection next month), getting the bedside fixed on Moby the super duty, and 5 eye doctor appointments this MONTH all at $50 co pay plus none of the test/treatments covered until I get to $1500 deductible (wonder if I would be such a high priority if I had crappy insurance). A used red rider is out of the question right now.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3112 Post by Sixgun » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Tom...it's called "helping the unfortunate". The reason France is in such turmoil is they are taxed to the point of Revolution........they were soooo nice helping the ragheads.....same thing is happening here....very slowly...... ..

The only thing the American people need to do is to have a couple of months worth of their bills paid in advance, a couple of months worth of food.......then stay home. Or you can do what I did......keep your life very simple with virtually no overhead. I can tell anyone to kiss where the sun don't shine.

The government uses our own greed against us...we all want "this n that" and are willing to go in debt. I never worked any overtime unless I was forced.....I figure I'd rather do without than see my heavily taxed overtime check go to undeserving lazy phucks......---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3113 Post by GunnyMack » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:01 am

Oh thank the Lord! The hildabeast has said she is NOT running in 2020!!!!

Six all that has to be done is get all the truckers in the country to park their trucks for a few days and the country will come to a screeching halt. But it does help to have $ on hand and a full pantry!

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3114 Post by fordwannabe » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:48 am

I love canning foods have a years worth of vegetables. Several months of “survival meals” and have canned a whole deer with taters, carrots, and spices in individual jars. Hmm its good.
I don’t have much money in the bank as Ingave most of it away to an old gun crank last month.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3115 Post by Sixgun » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:18 pm

Yep...the truckers...and ...the railroaders.....but the railroaders can be forced to work under penalty of the law...my son was telling mt that..he's a railroader....

Tom........you HAVE plenty of loot in the bank. It's just that the form of the loot and the location of the bank is different. GOOD guns, unlike Mossbergs, foreign guns, cheap Remington's and Winchesters are BETTER than money in the bank.....of course, it helps to have money/guns in both forms. I'll help you keep your forms of "loot" into the latter.----your pal---Captain 6 a.k.a."Mr. Loot".

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3116 Post by OldWin » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Hey guys, what's new? Been MIA for a bit. Been sleddin', snowblowing, taking care of the folks place while they are south for a month.
Sugarloaf and "the county" broke 200 inches of snow before March.
Man! I got too much going on to have time to work. Good news is, with our new governor, I'd be better off if I didn't. She is handing out buffalo coats to anyone who voted for her.
Man! Talk about a 180.
If spring ever comes, I'd like to get out for some shooting.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered another round.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3117 Post by Sixgun » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi Jay! Nice to see ya drop in on us poor folk! Aint much going on...the wife's been keeping me updated on your snowmobile adventures via Facebook.......("hey tart, look at Jay and his wife doing things together...you don't do nuttin' with me!" .......thanks buddy! .....on a serious note.......you guys got some serious snow! I would LOVE ❤️ to experience those major amounts now that I'm retired. Must be tough on you with the drive to work which is my only complaint wid da snow.

Don't waste your energy on the buffalo coat. The way Tom's been buying stuff off of me, there won't be nothing left in a few months. Stop on down! bring loot....lots of it.....preferably with pictures of good ole Ben. ...---6

On another note, I've been "rediscovering" the .357 lately......this gun ain't been shot in ???? who knows how many years.....6" flattop made in 1961.......going out back right now to test her.--6

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3118 Post by fordwannabe » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:40 pm

Jay, we used to drive right past Sugarloaf on our way to Eustis, MEwhen we went bear hunting up there. That is beautiful country.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3119 Post by OldWin » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:48 pm

Nice Ruger bud!
Yeah, I did the same thing a couple years ago. Hadn't messed with .357 since I was a kid. Even have a Rossi 92 in .357 now. Picked up 2nd Gen SAA in .357 too. Been having a lot of fun with them.

FW,
Yeah, it's not far from me. We ride the bike over there a lot too. Nice country. Up past Eustis to Coburn Gore and Chain of Ponds is pretty too.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

The Snipers Nest

#3120 Post by Sixgun » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:04 pm

OK.....had a lot of fun today working in the Snipers Nest.......never a dull moment....fun...fun....fun...'till my wife takes the T-Bird away.......anyway...on to fun.......

Yesterday, I made a miniature version of my "silencer" for use in the barn loft......99% of my shooting around the house is .22 target ammo.....CCI Green Tag........good shyt...I buy it by the 5,000 rd. case......so a miniature version of my regular silencer will work fine.

After consulting with my German scientific mind and actually putting it to use, my theory was right. ......the only person who hears anything is the shooter with this abbreviated version of a silencer.

Went out in the clean garage, drew up the blueprints, set up the milling machine and dug into my stash of carpenter pencils in the special out of square homemade bungled up case I keep em in. Attached the "silencer" to the end of the shooting bench, set up a string for adjusting the height and went-to-town!.

The backstop I have is 150 yards by a laser rangefinder. The rifle in the pics is a Winchester model 72 made in 1937 topped with a 2x7 Leupold scope. This rifle is a hunting rifle, NOT a target rifle but......the same machinery used to make the model 52 target rifle is also used to make the thinner barrels for the model 72.----6

Outside, looking up

This is Stonewall......nosey as a cat 🐱

In the loft...notice the small "silencer"?

Shooting bench with Model 72 Winchester

Regular view...see the backstop and silhouettes through the silencer hole? 150 yards

Pay attention....the view on 7X ....taken with the iPad up against the lens...(that's hard to do ...I don't have the fancy camera stuff some guys have)....pay attention to the turkey on the left....everything, including the many clay birds, some regular 4" birds and a mess of the little 2" birds all have a fresh coat of white paint on em....150 yards.

Now look at the turkey....see that blotch on the chest? There's 10 shots in that 2 and 1/2" "blotch. Two more shots for a total of twelve are just above it and slightly to the right, expanding the group to maybe 4".....150 yards with a ten cent Winchester and a .15 cent shooting bench along with a .05 cent Hoppes shooting rest and my .26 cent silencer which, by the way, is insulation wrapped around an old wire magazine holder with duct tape holding it all together.----2

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3121 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:01 am

So you have $.51 in your set up including the rifle... I'll give ya a whole dollar for the rifle :lol: !

Good set up in your nest! Those old Winchesters were good shooters for sure, I can remember a buddy's single shot that off bags would put all in the same hole at 25 yards with open sights. It weren't a target rifle... Oh I can't think of the model, had to pull cocking piece to shoot it... Come on Black Rifle Coffee !

Wish I had the ability to shoot anything more than CBs here , but I don't trust the Azzwhole neighbor, yes that's what he is called in the neighborhood!

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#3122 Post by fordwannabe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 am

Gunny for a small investment in hardware and a $200 transfer tax stamp you too can shoot without the neighbor being any the wiser. But you might have to find SOMEBODY with some skills as threads need to be cut. Hehe.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3123 Post by Sixgun » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Tom.....I could be wrong but.....I believe New Jersey is a "no class 3" state.

I've built a few of the backyard silencers. Each time they get smaller and more simple. For below-the-speed-of-sound 22's, my latest creation is all that is needed.

I'm thinking this summer I'm gonna build a 6' x 2' tunnel, complete with rearward directed baffles and the best of insulation. These will do what a real silencer will do but there still that sonic crack to deal with.....the one the neighbors don't care for.---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3124 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:22 pm

Actually Tom, Six is right.... all suppressors are VERBOTEN in this state. Heck ya cant even buy an airgun that's suppressed!

Here is Parker stalking the tweety birds!
20190306_131653-800x600.jpg
Crazy pup will stay out there all day trying to catch birds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3125 Post by Sixgun » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Looks nice Gunny......ole Parker is having a blast doing what dogs do......

Now I see why you "plow leaves" in the fall....pretty much looks like the Pocono's where your at......your really just an extension from there...right?

That's the nice part of Jersey.

You could legally have a "silencer" like I have...you could make one out of a 55 gallon drum 🥁 and just use Gorilla Glue duct tape on the end of the barrel of the gun you wish to use......could even make a special holster to carry it in......probably cross draw......You might have to wear stilts to walk around the woods though. ----6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3126 Post by Sixgun » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Oh.......just to show you how nosey people are, there has been close to 300 "reads" on our post in 40 hours.

Gunny..they all wanna be like us...free spirited.....carefree......but lack the internal fortitude to join us in conversation.....so they watch our post like they live their lives......from the sidelines....----6 :D

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3127 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:53 pm

As time goes by Parker is starting to act more and more like my Lady Rimfire Valentine I had , she would have been 30 last month. Greatest dog ever!
She hated cats! Killed one about 3 am at a gas station in Garden City KS one trip.
Fetch shoe! She would open the closet and bring ya a matched pair every time!
The last season she hunted she made more than 300 retrieves.
Hand signals were second nature and followed out to about 300 yards.
Parker still has somethings to learn though!

Yes Six this part of the state is a lot like the poke-yer-nose, just not as many new yorkers!!!

Let them watch, so they know they are welcome to chime in just dont be a drag!! Yup this is the BS thread, so what? We always chime in on the other threads!

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#3128 Post by 3leggedturtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:13 pm

Six, you wanna enjoy some deep snow and solitude? Load a dually and trailer with your stuff and we'll sort it out while burning up a few fallen "huge" pine trees. Coffee is always on and the BS is always free! (Flowing) Hardly any of "old" regulars left up there. Now I'm getting to be the old curmugeon of the woods. 1st time in my life I'll be watching the 3-4 feet of snow cover melt away.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage: The Original short action, compact, high velocity cartridge.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3129 Post by OldWin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:23 pm

Living in town, we've had to get creative to shoot around here, too. Nobody really cares but we try and be careful.

Sounds like quite a pup, Gunny!

You guys don't know the half of dealing with "out of staters".
In winter, every weekend they pour in with trailers of sleds. The buy the fastest sled money can buy with NO idea how to ride. Then they come up here and act like they are the only ones on the trail.....
So far this winter we've sent 9 home in a box. Some years are worse.
Come summer, it's four wheelers and side by's.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3130 Post by Sixgun » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:26 pm

Yea....I do believe God created dogs.....been screwed over by thousands of people but never a dog.

Just to show you how people are I'll post some stuff for sale...real cheap....I'll have 50 instant friends....then be forgotten after the sale......all from individuals who are "people of the cloth". :D

Really is funny watching the hypocrisy. Just look at Donald Trump....a man who says it like it is...tells the truth, (mostly :D ) and is criticized by so many....but still wins! That tells me people are afraid to admit that he is mostly right but, you know, they all have to be externally viewed as "taking the high moral road". There's is fairly large church across the road from me and the people are soooo nice.....when in the vicinity of the church, local post office, etc.....and when no one is looking they reach behind the seat and grab a mouthful of liquor while calling their girlfriends on speed dial. The stuff I've seen from these people in close to 50 years would make you think there is no God....at least that's the perception I get....

Catholic priests...I was raised as a Roman Catholic always having "doing the right thing" drilled in my head and then one day I woke up, realizing how corrupt organized religion is. Yea....get a good laugh from people who claim they are "believers".---6

I believe I'm about outta here on this fake board.....let em all drown in their misery and internal weaknesses. Never needed anybody in my life and don't ever plan to. ----6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3131 Post by OldWin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:38 pm

I've seen the same thing old buddy.
Work with tons of em. It's the "good Christians" that will screw you over first and most.
Not to say all are like that, certainly not, but there are plenty.
I too, was raised catholic. They are all about the money. Just as liberal as everyone else now.
Organized religion is a tool of man. Has nothing to do with living a life close to God.
As Forrest Gump would say....... "And, that's all I'm gonna say......bout that".

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3132 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:04 pm

Religion is one thing, faith is another. I find my religion in the great outdoors! Peace, reflection and inner strength and nature's greatest hits.

I have faith, faith that I can trust myself to do the right thing for me and mine. I take care of "my people"!

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3133 Post by Old Savage » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:45 pm

Picture of the day. Together with the 03-A3, basic WWII combat equipment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3134 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:59 pm

Hey you guys ever hear of the Bugasalt? It's a spring powered gun for blasting pests with table salt. Well they want 50 bucks for them! Why do I care you ask?

Well as a pallet of wood pellets started getting down to a few layers I found the mother lode of cave crickets! I picked up some glue traps but that just wasn't satisfyingly fast enough!

So I figured why not grab my Diasy air pistol, the kosher salt and have some fun. I think I shot at least 3-4 dozen crickets. Salt really beats them up! Legs flying, antennas shot off.... Ok maybe I'm a little bit of a sadist.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3135 Post by Sixgun » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:30 pm

OldWin wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:38 pm
I've seen the same thing old buddy.
Work with tons of em. It's the "good Christians" that will screw you over first and most.
Not to say all are like that, certainly not, but there are plenty.
I too, was raised catholic. They are all about the money. Just as liberal as everyone else now.
Organized religion is a tool of man. Has nothing to do with living a life close to God.
As Forrest Gump would say....... "And, that's all I'm gonna say......bout that".
Re: M1 Garand (camp fire
#3132 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:04 pm

Religion is one thing, faith is another. I find my religion in the great outdoors! Peace, reflection and inner strength and nature's greatest hits.

I have faith, faith that I can trust myself to do the right thing for me and mine. I take care of "my people"!

Well said guys.....probably why I stay here instead of listening to all of the "moral high roaders". After answering thousands of questions over the years to the best of my ability, I may have been thanked 3 times. Sell stuff for half of what it's worth and I think, 4 thank you's......On other posts, you should hear some of em, "at church today we discussed this and that"........"I talked to the deacon and he suggested...."............."we gave lots of things to people in need" (yea, themselves)........"oh no, I would never think of drinking more than two beers!"..... ......"when I did it my way, it was bad, so I did it gods way" ....... ........."I take at least an hour a day to read the Bible" ............ ......."we volunteer at church events, never asking for pay or special favors.".. ........"we treat everyone the same".. ...... (yea, I'd like to see their face when their daughter comes home with a raghead or a rapperwith his flat brimmed hat on sideways.).........."oh! I would never vote for HRC or Obama."

Ya know, the shyt gets so deep they all need 30 foot tall stilts so they can breathe. I have work to do, animals to feed and ammo to load for this weekends match.....sure glad most of the guys at the gun club think normal.----6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3136 Post by Sixgun » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:33 pm

Like the K Bar Fred......she's looks very new!

Nothin' like a 1911----6

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#3137 Post by 3leggedturtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Six, when i start to think how stupid and annoying people are, i stop and remind myself its because I'm expecting too much out of'em. Its like money, i dont borrow it, instead i give it to them. That way if it gets paid back its nice. If it dont, well i did give it to them. Saves alot of grief. I gave a guy $25 extra off on a pistol i sold, he didnt thank me, but he pocketed his change like i gave him to much back! But i bought meals from the boy scouts and they gave me extra chili, onions and cheese on my wiener! Plus free coffee... and the blonde got real close and let me smell her freshly shampooed hair and perfume. Ah the simple things. :mrgreen:
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#3138 Post by 3leggedturtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:40 pm

GunnyMack wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:04 pm

Ya know, i have never had a problem with God. Its the "people" that think they represent him or speak for Him are usually what chase others away..

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3139 Post by Sixgun » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:42 pm

3leggedturtle wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:15 pm
Six, when i start to think how stupid and annoying people are, i stop and remind myself its because I'm expecting too much out of'em. Its like money, i dont borrow it, instead i give it to them. That way if it gets paid back its nice. If it dont, well i did give it to them. Saves alot of grief. I gave a guy $25 extra off on a pistol i sold, he didnt thank me, but he pocketed his change like i gave him to much back! But i bought meals from the boy scouts and they gave me extra chili, onions and cheese on my wiener! Plus free coffee... and the blonde got real close and let me smell her freshly shampooed hair and perfume. Ah the simple things. :mrgreen:
Turtleman...thanks for the laugh...for real.......I've never been "people smart". For only a high school graduate, taking all of the advanced courses..easily... I can talk decently about most things.....can do almost any trade good enough to get by for my standard of living and have not owed a penny to anybody since I was 40....but......but.......people see me coming a mile away. Some, the small percentage, are decent...the rest are predators. My wife has told me for years to stop believing what people say...she can see through anybody. In fact, over the years when someone at work stopped over, she would tell them to "get the phuck out" after them only saying a couple of words.....and she was right 100% of the time. She's caused me some embarrassment but saved me a fortune on the long run.

Yea...people who borrow.....forgot how many times guys at work would hit me up for anything from a dollar to a thou....I always have cash on me..and a gun :D .....and these were guys who worked all the overtime they could while I worked none. Almost anybody who asked for $50 or less always got it...it took somebody with a bit of decency and a proven track record to get several hundred....I never had to ask these latter guys to pay me back while the bums always had to be asked. Towards the end of my working career I would not even ask for it back.....$20-$30 would not break me...but...but......when they asked for it again I told them to go phuck themselves making me the bad guy! Oh well, that's how I operate.......I usually had the better satisfaction even though it costs me money. Since I was a little kid I've always been self sufficient, never asking anybody for nuttin. To this day since July of 1954 I can tell anyone to go scratch their azz but.......they still see me coming from a mile away making me a victim for the 10,000 time. :D ----6

Hey! When the Boy Scouts gave you the extra chile, did ya get any good farts out of it?---6

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#3140 Post by 3leggedturtle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:00 pm

Sixgun wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:42 pm
3leggedturtle wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Hey! When the Boy Scouts gave you the extra chile, did ya get any good farts out of it?---6
Not any more than normal, had few guys at the table trying to figure out if the other did it tho. I also got 3000 large rifle primers for $50. Just realized the 30/30 is the only rifle cartridge i got that uses the large primers. Think i need to get a 444 or 450 considering i got dies and bullets for them.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3141 Post by Old Savage » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:42 am

:Six, the Kbar is new, never been used for anything like most of my collection except the ones I have carried daily. I guess I just buy them because I like them. I did slice some roast with this Kentucky Bowie and the Trail Master. The Trail Master worked the best. The SOG Northwest Ranger to s no longer made and is in some demand. Think I will keep mine.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3142 Post by Sixgun » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:26 pm

Old Savage wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:42 am
:Six, the Kbar is new, never been used for anything like most of my collection except the ones I have carried daily. I guess I just buy them because I like them. I did slice some roast with this Kentucky Bowie and the Trail Master. The Trail Master worked the best. The SOG Northwest Ranger to s no longer made and is in some demand. Think I will keep mine.
You hit the nail pretty good..."because I like them".......shyt, back in the day when a dollar was as big as my azz, we had one of everything.......no more.....now, everyone is filthy rich and we buy because we "like". :D well, I like dat! Also, back in the day, most people I knew had one rifle, one shotgun, one .22 rifle and usually no handguns. Today, we have hundreds! Bless the Lord,....guns, guns, guns,,,and for you Fred, soft stuff, soft stuff, and a little of the stinky stuff.

You figure, the overwhelming part of our lives is work and responsibility ........ and we try to squeeze in a little of fun stuff once in a while. Not for me! Everyday is fun stuff.....OK....let the day begin.---6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3143 Post by Sixgun » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:34 pm

Wow! 600 "reads" in three days and only 7 replies from regulars..... Sure is a lot of rubber neckers out there, peeping through the curtains like they are peeping in the windows of the neighbors pre teen boys...... :D ......all quiet........looking over their shoulder.........standing on a cinder block......... ... :D ----6

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#3144 Post by Old Savage » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:53 pm

From the sea. :)

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#3145 Post by GunnyMack » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:30 pm

BAIT! Let's go fishin! :lol:

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#3146 Post by OldWin » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:23 pm

Fishing? Unless it's ice fishing, it's gonna be a while.
Guys here are running extensions on their augers and barely getting through. :D
Be nice to be able to get to my normal range. Maybe by Memorial Day. It isn't plowed in winter so we lose a lot of time. Glad the dues are only 30 bucks a year.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3147 Post by Sixgun » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:58 pm

I love those things.....used to......can't eat em anymore because of the salt......man! You guys on the left coast get aaalllllll of the neat stuff.----6

Gotta laugh on how "uppity" you prepare your food.....shyt!, I'd just pop the can open and shovel it in my mouth with a tongue depressor.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

#3148 Post by gamekeeper » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:18 pm

Sixgun wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:34 pm
Wow! 600 "reads" in three days and only 7 replies from regulars..... Sure is a lot of rubber neckers out there, peeping through the curtains like they are peeping in the windows of the neighbors pre teen boys...... :D ......all quiet........looking over their shoulder.........standing on a cinder block......... ... :D ----6
Hey 6, I keep looking but you're all having more fun than me so that would make my input sound stuff.
If I could build a crossbow or dig my way out of 8ft of snow I would post about it every day and I'm certainly not going into any detail on the soft stuff :lol:
Anyway the Crown has asked me to keep an eye you colonials, just in case we need to step up production of Brown Bess'es.
Nath is our current arms tester and has perfected the prerfect load for our muskets, now accurate at over 50 paces :o
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#3149 Post by Sixgun » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:52 pm

gamekeeper wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:18 pm
Sixgun wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:34 pm
Hey 6, I keep looking but you're all having more fun than me so that would make my input sound stuff.
If I could build a crossbow or dig my way out of 8ft of snow I would post about it every day and I'm certainly not going into any detail on the soft stuff :lol:
Anyway the Crown has asked me to keep an eye you colonials, just in case we need to step up production of Brown Bess'es.
Nath is our current arms tester and has perfected the prerfect load for our muskets, now accurate at over 50 paces :o

Gamekeeper.......naaaaa..... ...your way off base...... we ain't having no fun, it just looks that way...... you are doing the manly thing by joining in instead of watching from the sidelines like so many other people do and run off and scamper like little rabbits......Thank you! I have always admired the strength of the English people.....they stood tall and fought Hitler while the rest of Europe surrendered and waited till the Americans saved em... ..especially the snail eating French.....as good ole Teddy said.......

“The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly; who know the great enthusiasums, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who at best know the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly, so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

Stay cool bro!---6

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

#3150 Post by gamekeeper » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:01 pm

I guess I'm always drawn to anything that reminds me of rebellion, can't keep away... :lol:
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )