M1 Garand (camp fire)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: M1 Garand (camp fire)

#2651 Post by 3leggedturtle » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:34 pm

I pictured you as more of a "South Park" guy.... :mrgreen:
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage: The Original short action, compact, high velocity cartridge.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2652 Post by GunnyMack » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:49 pm

You are just now getting those Toyos?! I though you had them weeks ago!

Did you get that 22-250 rebarreled? Know you were talking about getting a 1:7 twist.
There is only one Earth. Do it a favor? GET OFF.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#2653 Post by Sixgun » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:05 pm

GunnyMack wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:49 pm
You are just now getting those Toyos?! I though you had them weeks ago!

Did you get that 22-250 rebarreled? Know you were talking about getting a 1:7 twist.
No Gunny...I was waiting to sell the rifles to get the 💰. I don't touch the savings for anything but emergencies. (....besides, I can't hide tires like I can guns ...gotta keep mom in the dark.....never use my stash for mundane items like tires. If I start shytting money away on stupid stuff, that will give mom the "right" to give money to "others" who always seem to have their hands out. She knows I don't really need tires as they still have 10-20 thousand miles left on em so frivolous items come from my guns. :D

On the 1-7 twist....I don't think it matters on targets as short as 500 meters. The 55 grainers will do fine....we ain't winning cadillacs so I'll try the original barrel. I'll try it and if it don't work, I'll get it rebarreled.
Donald Trumps Wall Will Work
After 2,000 Years, China Still Does Not Have Any Mexicans.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#2654 Post by Sixgun » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:14 pm

Hey Todd the Turtleman....YOU WON! First one on page 54......I could not find any prizes to give you as we gave away about everything Pitchy owned. Last month I awarded Gunny Pitchy's sawmill but when him and Griff went o pick it up Pitchy shot hm with the M-1 Garand. Griff had to fly outta there with the Kenworth smoking the rear tandems pulling the flatbed trailer he was going to use to haul the sawmill.

So.....I went shopping today and bought you a golden turtle 🐢 plus......a date with Connie. Bring your condoms as you have a wild weekend coming up.---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2655 Post by GunnyMack » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:15 pm

Now see I thought you NEEDED tires but ya just wanted them.
I was really curious to see how a fast twist 22-250 with 77 SMKs would work !? I'm sure it's been done but not by anyone I know.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2656 Post by Sixgun » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:25 pm

Gunny..an old guy like me with lots of time on his hands gets bored easy.....so, I look for excitement from time to time and those things come from guns and Jeeps.......I only drive 2,000 miles a year in the Rubicon so what I had left on the tires would last me another 10 years...shyt! I ain't waiting till I'm 74 before I get cool kick azz tires. I want this fun stuff NOW.

I played it right from the early days on....got enough guns to "swap and sell" whenever I want to keep life exciting...without spending money in the bank. :D ----6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2657 Post by GunnyMack » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:09 pm

I hear ya Six !

Griff
Posting leader...

#2658 Post by Griff » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:11 pm

Do y'all just have nothing better to do... I moved the safe yesterday... which is why all the guns were spread out over the floor in 2 rooms, over 2 couches and misc stuff in there was spread out over two coffee tables... I still ain't fit it all back in. And I've moved all the ammo that WAS in there out. After moving it 95% of the way to its new location... I decided it needed a good cleaning.

In nearly 28 years in one location, I think I cleaned the outside... exactly ¼ of one time. I.e., I cleaned the door once! :shock: It just didn't seem to have that showroom NEW aura about it. In fact, I think it was covered in some kinda nicotine scum... So... like any good lacquer paint job, I broke out the polish and put some elbow grease into the job!

Had the locking mechanism off to try and clean up that brass! Any one have any tips on good methods to clean "gunk" off brass?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

Ysabel Kid

#2659 Post by Ysabel Kid » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:10 pm

Turn my back for one moment, and there's 54 PAGES of posts! Figured I was the last member who hadn't said something on this one! Pitchy, I dare say your post will never be exceeded for participation! :lol:

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2660 Post by Pitchy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:20 pm

I believe you`d be right Ysabel Kid :lol:
I`ve had good results with this Griff.

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
He was the best little dog i ever had !!!!!
Sometimes I don`t even understand myself.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

Ysabel Kid

#2661 Post by Ysabel Kid » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:22 pm

I too (with Brasso). :D

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2662 Post by Sixgun » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Hey! It's party time baby! Griff is in town and Jay..the other Jay....Ysable Kid dropped in! Hey Kid.....this is the fun post where we just talk about our daily boring lives. Nice to see ya drop in.....on this post we party...yep, party! Did ya notice the picture Old Savage posted yesterday on page 53???! It'll give ya a woodie......good ole Old Savage with the soft stuff! What a guy!

No negativity, no crying and whining, no dark talk, just fun...fun...fun.....until daddy took Griff's KW away...not the T bird.

Looks great Griff...grunge on brass?.....you know....just get a cleaning patch, spray it with 2+2 carb cleaner...wipe her down...let her dry and then brasso it...as,you know, watch the carb cleaner..it'll eat wood finishes right off. Might take off the black paint in the dial grooves.

Lacking carb cleaner, straight Simple green will get it down to the brass. Years of hand dirt, grime and jissim will gunk up bad.

You sure that's YOUR safe.....you look like a safe cracker drilling a hole in the side.

Oh GUUUUUNNNYYYYY and FORDWANNNNNNAAAAABBBEEEE......OAKS tomorrow....I'm bunking the match and will be in the parking lot by 8....still have a few Bens left that's burning a hole in my pocket.----6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2663 Post by GunnyMack » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:58 pm

I like FLITZ polish, works on all kinds of metals. And its non toxic.

Cant make Oaks, birds in the morning AND last day of deer season. I'm gonna be busy tomorrow.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2664 Post by Sixgun » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:05 pm

Copy dat Gunny....figured I'd throw it at ya......there will be a dealer there that's selling his lifetime collection of high grade Parkers... :D ---6

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#2665 Post by 3leggedturtle » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:39 pm

Oh boy i never won anything in my life. The gold turtle is cool. But, can I have Old Savage set me up on a date? I would love to have 30's or 40's weather to go shooting in... -24 tonite I'm tired of winter. T/3
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#2666 Post by fordwannabe » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:25 am

No can do, Six./ I got done with work at 7 tonight.... in freakin State College! 2 plus hours from home. Gotta fix upper control arms and axle actuators on Mommas king Ranch tomorrow or she is gonna be pizzed and if Momma ain’t happy ain’t NOBODY happy. Working in Carlisle on Sunday. Besides I met some OLD DUDE last week and out of the goodness of my heart gave him all my fun money.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#2667 Post by Old Savage » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:20 am

"But, can I have Old Savage set me up on a date."

T/3, Well send your profile along. Do you like long walks on the beach and quiet nights by the fire? What is your sign? How about your favorite color and a bank statement, a recent pic?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2668 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:55 am

I had a shooting buddy that had a huge collection of Parkers, his guns were used in a book about Parker guns. Sadly he left us a few years ago. Besides I'm outta fun money at the moment... Been a long winter!

Yeah ya gotta keep the missus happy or she's gonna send me a 218 :D

I have to remember to bring venison with me this morning, guy in the club didn't get one this year. I told him he could have that doe I shot last week.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#2669 Post by OldWin » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:22 am

Hey guys.
Man, didn't sleep much. Wind howlin all night. I hate wind like that.
Sat downstairs in my newly cleaned up and organized gun room last night. Seemed bigger. :D
I chawed on some jerky my buddy Six sent.
Wife and I may hit the indoor range today over in Bangor. Then go out for some burnin hot wings and brew.
Finally got my truck fixed from the altercation with the deer. Had to wait for the body shop so I had to drill some holes in the plastic and sew it up with zip ties. It was flapping around a mite. :D
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered another round.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2670 Post by Sixgun » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:56 am

I'm up! Gotta leave by 7:15 to be at the show by 8.....always liked being first in line..the first 20 guys or so get to hang out in the lobby where it's warm..20 out there now.

Tom...you could not have said that better...when mom ain't happy, nobody is happy.

Old Savage is a pimp also???? Well, if that's the case, get me that black haired gals number and I'll send my bank statement over. No need to send a picture as we all know what they care about. Wonder what she will think when she sees $454.82.

Well, gotta run...I need a new trigger for the 700 Remington.----6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#2671 Post by OldWin » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:12 am

Holy smokes Six!
Figured you hadn't gone to bed yet! :D

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2672 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:26 am

He is in training Jay! Trying to get up with us Roosters( Pitchy & me)! :lol:

Ok who has my cooler? Cant find my 48 qt cooler... who did I loan it too? Who borrowed it? Now I gotta punt on delivery of venison...

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2673 Post by Pitchy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:34 am

Yep up at six every morning ready to get at it, -26 right now but going to warm up the shop today and see if i can get a start on the crossbow.
Don`t spend all your money in one place Six spread it around a little, better to buy a lot of things than just one gun it will impress OS`s girls more. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

Griff
Posting leader...

#2674 Post by Griff » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:46 am

I felt decadent this morning, stayed in bed til 0630. Got up, ate a leisurely breakfast, read another chapter in my Tom Clancy book, pert near halfway thru, than 5 more books to go!

My bank account wouldn't impress Six, but... I'm feelin' right domesticated; OS, where's that on your list? Gotta do some electrical work today, run an extension under the carpet for the rearranged furniture, then run a line & new plug for the soon to be installed security cameras... and then Monday I start cleaning out the attic of the previous owner's stuff he left behind...
Anyone want full height batwing doors for their kitchen? Yeah, neither do I! :twisted: :twisted:

Then it'll be start work on the golf carts... should have both running by the end of the week. 1 is running now, but my son found the steering column is broke. The new engine cradle for the other arrived, and I found out I have to replace the crankshaft in the Honda engine... hmmm... should I get the stock 64mm for $53, or the stroked 69mm for $59? Gosh, only another C-note would get me a 90mm bore kit... a woppin' 440cc! Can you believe they want $600 for an electronic timing & fuel injection system? A fellar could go broke fixin' up these old golf carts!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#2675 Post by Old Savage » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:19 am

Griff I'll just show the women that list and they will be fighting over you.

Six, I prefer to look at it as arranging companionship connections.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2676 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Huh, figured we would have heard from Sixgun by now... he must be horse trading & gun trading his way into that M249 he wants! :D
Wind was a bear this morning, birds didnt want to fly . Claro the chocolate wonder grabbed a rooster that was really fat, wonder if it could have flown if it had a catapult behind it?! But we got 4 birds in the end. Last one was flushed twice. First time it flew at me, thankfully the guy that was supposed to shoot DIDNT! I watched it fly and land a couple hundred yards away so we hunted to it. It flushed and the 28 ga did the trick as usual. Parker had 1 flush and retrieve today...Claro is a game hog!!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2677 Post by Sixgun » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Whoa!!!!......"The Gunny" blasted his way to dinner. Well done young man...and my hat is off to the "chocolate wonder". (Pet her for me, tell her the pet is from good ole Sixgun.

Well...cruised up to the Oaks Pa gunshow....wait...gunshow? Mmmmmmm. Let's start again....I cruised up to the Oaks Flea Market. There! Dats better.

No shyt....about half guns..part jewelry, knives, jerky, pickles, food court, sports memorabilia, glass cleaner, hot packs for message, children's clothes, T shirts, baby strollers, liberals, (yes, I got dirty looks with my Trump shirt on), real estate booths, lunch meat, (yes, LUNCH MEAT), in-home rubber machines that attach to the wall next to the toilet paper. ....on and on.

No, there were no rubber machines.

I bought five kick azz T-Shirts, decals for my Jeep, and a Trump knife. Almost......almost....almost bought a M-1 Garand. There must have been 100 Garands there, all kinds of M-1 Carbines, lots of old Winchesters, Colts, Marlins, pre war Smiths, but mostly modern handguns, most all semi autos. And YES, there was a full auto BAR...$40,000.

Now, back to the Garand that I wanted....like NEW International Harvester made in 1954. This was not arsenal rebuilt junk....$3200....think I can get it for 2500 out the door. This sucker was near the best one I ever handled....not as collectible as WW2 issue..there were several ww2 Springfields in like new condition for $4200. Average run of the mill Garands in very nice shape were going for 900-1400. I could have bought that International Harvester but I would have been short on my tires that are coming in Monday or Tuesday. Mmmmmm. Tomorrow is another day. ----6

Would you boys like to meet my family! (Soon to be on the back of my Jeep)

Next to Jesus, this guy is my savior.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2678 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Be nice to see that sticking out the skull of a certain NP or CS ! But that would be wrong they should be drawn & quartered!

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#2679 Post by 3leggedturtle » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:54 am

I could think of a few more longer and drawn out things to do with them.. hard to believe liberals would attend an event where guns are being shown. Thete was a very staunch billary supporter brong about 6 handguns and 5 rifles to put on consignment. Really wanted to ask him why he would support a group that wants to takes all guns away, and Why did he own guns in tne 1st pace. But didnt need that much BS in the morning. T/3

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2680 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:43 am

I've seen/ known quite a few that were shooters but voted blue. Why I would ask- most of them were union workers.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#2681 Post by fordwannabe » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 am

My Grandfather Sellars was a Hunter, trapper, shooter his whole life. He worked in a Shipyard in NC then in VA. He ALWAYS voted exactly how the Union told him too, no matter how plain you made the argument about this politician or that politician being bad for him. Aaaarrrrggghhhh. Blood pressure on the rise🤬
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2682 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:57 am

Easy Tom, take a breath and imagine yourself walking along with Claro & Parker as we pheasant hunt. Hey NICE SHOT!
Yup we just got home, the girls found & flushed 10 this morning.
I winged one, Parker had a real rodeo trying to catch it then big sister crashed the party and tackled it!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2683 Post by Sixgun » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:20 am

Yea...on unions, I was THE ONLY REPUBLICAN in our chapter of the Teamsters while giving my tenure of 44 years.....when I retired, there was ONE more, my replacement who had a brain and would listen to common ssense propaganda.

Phuck that issue....on to guns and fun........Gunny, you might laugh, but I had TWO-THREE HOURS in a Remington 700 trigger last night. My first varmint rifle from 1973 and the trigger was gummed up, bolt release would not work.......OK, regular 2+2 treatment, flushing, blowing out, reoiling with synthetic oil (EEZOX).....compressed air to distribute the oil...blah...blah.....

Did the standard screw adjustments...overtravel, engagement, pressure......could not get it right...more creep than I had before and then when I had it right, the bolt would not cock on rising..had to withdrawal it.....blah....blah.......I finally got smart and used the "window" for engagement..finally got it right, but there's still room for improvement....best I could get was 3.2 pounds without introducing danger......sound about right for you? I may replace it.----6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2684 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:31 pm

I did the same thing many years ago on my 600 Mohawk, just couldn't get it right. Finally put on a Timney. Have it set about 10 oz. I put a 22-250 barrel on it with a thumb hole Bastogne stock .Even set it up as a single shot for blasting pasture poodles. It shoots great, 55 gr SXSP or Nosler BT will stay under a 1/2" at 100 with no effort at all.

I'd drop a few bucks for an after market trigger...

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#2685 Post by 3leggedturtle » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:14 pm

You guys are ambitious and acclomplished. All i did was make some butter knives with antler handles and stunk up the room by getting to hot. Did i mention i was sick of winter, Pitchy can relate to that I'm sure. Hopefully by friday I'll be in sunny Palacios and enjoying a fire and some strong coffee, and feeding the seagulls. Dont know why something so simple as that is so enjoyable.

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2686 Post by Pitchy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Cheers everyone, coming right along with the crossbow.

Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2687 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:46 pm

Hey you are making good progress on the crossbow!

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#2688 Post by 3leggedturtle » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:56 pm

Pitchy, will you need the arms of John Henry to set it? You going to have a "mechanized" string puller?
Last edited by 3leggedturtle on Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2689 Post by Pitchy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:04 pm

Thanks, the only shaft i had that was big enough to make the lock was a 2 inch wrist pin so had to heat it red hot to take the temper out of it so i could drill it.
Todd this model will use what they call a goats foot and looks like this.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/513973376207147186/

Ya can see it in action on this video at abot 1:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoGI6tRt6ho
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#2690 Post by AJMD429 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:16 pm

Hey guys, we gotta stick to the original post, right...???
Pitchy wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:07 pm
Has anyone ordered a M1 Garand from CMP or advise doing it? Was thinking about the service grade.
So, on the way to the office this morning, I was thinking about Garands, and when stopping to get some stuff we needed to fix a light at the office, I was thinking about Garands, and then when I noticed my clutch acting up (difficult to get car in next gear), I kept thinking about Garands.

So when I realized that the vehicle would not only not go IN to a gear, it was getting so I couldn't get it OUT of a gear, I thought about Garands, then about if I could make it the three or four miles of city traffic to the office staying in third gear, with no clutch, and the car stalling if I slowed down too much. I've always been good at 'timing' lights, and so felt up to the task.

For a few minutes, though, I wasn't thinking about Garands.....it was sleeting, and the roads were slick, plus - coming up to a busy intersection of two divided, four lane streets to make a left turn was a bit 'distracting'......but I made it, and started thinking about Garands again.

Made it to the office, spent a couple hours doing stuff, then checked the slave cylinder of the clutch, and sho'nuff it was empty. Walked a couple blocks, soaking my halfway-good shoes, and got some brake fluid (realized I had some brake fluid AND spare shoes in the trunk later :roll: ), and filled it, to see if maybe I could drive home, and think about Garands some more.

No such luck. Pumped the pedal a few hundred times and still no clutch activity. Cylinder still full now. So it's over my skill-level (which anything more complex than an oil-change or airing up tires generally is).

Now I hope the tow truck driver likes guns, so we can talk about.......Garands....!!!!!! 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#2691 Post by 3leggedturtle » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Hey Doc, the older models had bleed plug. Any chance you have the owners manual to look up? Pitchy the goat's foot looks like a field expedient torture device! I'm really liking linseed oil for stocks, knife handles and such, really brings out the grain and color. On the ☀️ sude if things, sposed to be 22 for a high next 2 days! YMMV t/3

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#2692 Post by AJMD429 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Yep. Probably need to do this....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14MfI8OzR4U, but there's only one of me and it is sleeting outside, so I'll get it towed to my friend's garage. (Love the AAA membership). Plus, he can figure out WHY it was leaking and where. Way over my skill-level... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2693 Post by Pitchy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:41 pm

Hope ya get it diagnosed Doc and fixed cheap so ya can go back to thinking about Garands. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#2694 Post by OldWin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Good job Pitchy! You been busy.

Hey Doc, sorry about the clutch. Hopefully, after you are done fixing it, you will have enough money left for a Garand. :D

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#2695 Post by 3leggedturtle » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:01 pm

Hey Inline (six) :mrgreen: You can cash my gold turtle in and give to Doc for his clutch and Garand. I'm trying to use up all scrap leather for sheaths, just cant seem to get the right 2 pieces to line up. Hopefully today a friend will help learn to pist pics.

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2696 Post by Pitchy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Thanks Jay, today was the hardest part, tomorrow we will get the inletting for the trigger arm done then it`s lash on the limb and make a string.
Oh yea gotta make that cocking lever also, if it don`t shoot across the room i`m going to cry. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#2697 Post by 3leggedturtle » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Pitchy wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:02 pm
Oh yea gotta make that cocking lever also, if it don`t shoot across the room i`m going to cry. :)
Thats funny, my brother was stationed in the Philippines and sent me a pistol crossbow home, it was like shooting those foam dart guns!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2698 Post by Sixgun » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Will you guys please shut the phuck up...I'm thinking about Garands.--------M-1

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2699 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:39 pm

Looking at the leaf spring ya got I'm sure itll shoot across the room, through the wall and into the other room!

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2700 Post by Pitchy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:43 pm

Now we`re having a Garand time. :lol:
Gunny i put a string on it yesterday and attached a rope from it to a 20 inch bar i used as a lever and could pull it back 7 inches with all i could muster so i`m hoping for some power.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76