M1 Garand (camp fire)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

Re: M1 Garand (camp fire)

#2551 Post by Sixgun » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Hey there Smokey the 🐻 bear!..:yes, flues are designed to regulate the flame/heat...are you Polish? Ya see, I'm half Italian, and I can't remember the amount of times I've done stupid shyt.

Not much happening I see....not much here either....buddy called 9 a.m. this morning and wanted to know if I wanted a truckload of swamp 🍁...sawed in 6-8' logs. Sure! It ain't no good for nuttin else but making heat......ain't seen it yet.....

I started a new company...got tired on depending on Pitchy...one day he wants to manufacture pencils, the next day he flies the coop. Anyway, it's called "Sixgun's Osage Orange Hatchet & Hammer Handle Manufacturing Co.". I sawed up the few straight pieces of Osage I had into blanks.

Shyt..the dogs barking...gotta run---6
Donald Trumps Wall Will Work
After 2,000 Years, China Still Does Not Have Any Mexicans.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2552 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:35 pm

Not sure but I bet they are tender!
That's what I get for starting the fire BEFORE having my Black Rifle Coffee!!!

Hey send up a hammer & hatchet handles, I'll do the Quality Control/ field testing!

If we make osage pencils the0y could last forever but we would need tungsten carbide sharpeners!!!

Six wins page 52!

The yard is about a 1/2" of soup, there IS frost in the ground!!
There is only one Earth. Do it a favor? GET OFF.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#2553 Post by Sixgun » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:08 pm

1/2" of soup????? Your lucky.....I just walked out in the front yard to pick up branches and dammm near needed the Kubota to pull me out.

Our horse is six inches into the mud and the only thing that's stopping him from going deeper is the frozen mud.

OK, I win.....but I'm in such a pizz poor mood I can't enjoy the prize, whatever that may be.

Gunny....you can have the blanks....for real, I only need one or two and I can get more. PM me your address and name again......(I only know you as "Gunny".. :D .... and I'll get em out. Keep in mind these are not huge amounts of "board feet", just wood that's about 12-14" x 2" x 1.5" or so....great for little jobs or inlaying. I'll put what I have in a flat rate box 📦------6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2554 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:17 pm

Ah Jack you are living in a Swamp- better drain ot :lol: !

I'll send PM but you dont need to send me any of the osage, I dont need handles- just ribbing ya!

Well I spent the day making rice pudding. Has become a favorite here. Neighbor makes it about once a month and it never lasts. I finally talked him into giving me the recipe- my first attempt at it- smells very good!!

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#2555 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:31 pm

With or without smoked chipmunk?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2556 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:46 pm

With out!!! I cant get the smoked munks outta the walls! :lol:

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#2557 Post by Old Savage » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:25 pm

Well fellows, let me solve the mystery. Pitch hit it on the head. I misinterpreted what I read. I do drop in on you fellows once in a while. Anyway here it is. I thought from what I read that Pitch was taking a hiatus and that Six wanted the name changed to The Wild Bunch. So when I came back by I see that created some consternation and confusion. But Pitch figured it out and straightened it out. My apologies for the confusion. Hard to tell without following you fellows what is actually serious. Some confusion in the play calling on my part.

BTW, if I was to name you guys it would be

The Hole in the Wall Gang.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2558 Post by Sixgun » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:53 pm

Ahhhhh. Old Savage.....I like that picture...when men were men and women were glad of it.

That's the purpose of this thread.....ya never know when we are telling the truth or twisting lies. :D

Oh well....got another load of wood a few minutes ago. I'm good for next year and most of 2020. We will really need the wood in 2020 as when Trump wins again the riots will shut down the country....can't wait...gonna be FUN.

I'm really saving lots of money burning wood...I need a new saw and that's gonna set me back $600. $1600 for the woodsplitter was another big savings. Putting in a new stainless chimney this year and that's another $2,000. That's how you save money by burning wood.

This is all LIBERAL wood...cut down next to West Chester University.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2559 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:56 pm

Since its liberal wood it probably wont burn as it wont want to make CO2 or other green house glasses!

Well OS you might want to check in a bit more- always welcome as you know!

BlaineG
Posting leader...

#2560 Post by BlaineG » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:12 pm

Sixgun wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:53 pm
Ahhhhh. Old Savage.....I like that picture...when men were men and women were glad of it.

That's the purpose of this thread.....ya never know when we are telling the truth or twisting lies. :D

Oh well....got another load of wood a few minutes ago. I'm good for next year and most of 2020. We will really need the wood in 2020 as when Trump wins again the riots will shut down the country....can't wait...gonna be FUN.

I'm really saving lots of money burning wood...I need a new saw and that's gonna set me back $600. $1600 for the woodsplitter was another big savings. Putting in a new stainless chimney this year and that's another $2,000. That's how you save money by burning wood.

This is all LIBERAL wood...cut down next to West Chester University.

:P :P My back started aching just looking at the pic.... 8)
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil:

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: M1 Garand (camp fire

#2561 Post by Sixgun » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:35 pm

I hêar ya Blaine...even after cutting it into manageable lengths, each one will still weigh 150, the bigger ones 200 while it's still wet..and that's maple,...oak or hickory is probably 1.5 times that.

I like it though....I call it mental therapy......mindless work that eases the mind and the body with no boss up my azz....some people go to the gym but that shyt is too "uppity" for redneck me.....besides, I hear gyms are full of pecker checkers.----6

BlaineG
Posting leader...

Re: M1 Garand (camp fire

#2562 Post by BlaineG » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:16 pm

Sixgun wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:35 pm
I hêar ya Blaine...even after cutting it into manageable lengths, each one will still weigh 150, the bigger ones 200 while it's still wet..and that's maple,...oak or hickory is probably 1.5 times that.

I like it though....I call it mental therapy......mindless work that eases the mind and the body with no boss up my azz....some people go to the gym but that shyt is too "uppity" for redneck me.....besides, I hear gyms are full of pecker checkers.----6
I get all the heavy lifting I need by taking a leak. :oops:
If You Back Me Into A Corner There Will Not Be Enough Room For Both Of Us. :evil:

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2563 Post by Pitchy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:38 am

Old Savage wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:25 pm
Well fellows, let me solve the mystery. Pitch hit it on the head. I misinterpreted what I read. I do drop in on you fellows once in a while. Anyway here it is. I thought from what I read that Pitch was taking a hiatus and that Six wanted the name changed to The Wild Bunch. So when I came back by I see that created some consternation and confusion. But Pitch figured it out and straightened it out. My apologies for the confusion. Hard to tell without following you fellows what is actually serious. Some confusion in the play calling on my part.

BTW, if I was to name you guys it would be

The Hole in the Wall Gang.
Just checked in had to take a day off, thanks for straightening that out OS i kinda figured that`s what happened. :)
We are all buds and need to stick together and have fun, as this thread was intended to be about Garands i want the title to stay the same as i plan on shooting the Garand and posting more about it.
I think campfire covers the other stuff that goes on in here, if we were sitting around a fire we would be doing the same thing shooting the bull. :)
Cool picture of Hollywood Joe OS, i have a signed football by him.
Cheers everyone.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
He was the best little dog i ever had !!!!!
Sometimes I don`t even understand myself.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#2564 Post by Old Savage » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:52 am

You got it Pitch. Broadway Joe, he played the same time. I did. Always liked him. He won the Super Bowl 16-7 while I was playing in college. We had the longest winning streak in the country at the time. Ellen was the Spring Princess. This is the 40 year reunion. Donna was the Homecoming Queen the year Namath won the Super Bowl. Ellen told me that if I came back for reunion she would make me a crown and I could ride in the parade with Donna.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#2565 Post by Old Savage » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:00 am

I get the campfire concept, very good.

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2566 Post by Pitchy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:42 pm

Very cool OS,my football isn`t near as pretty as your girls but here it is.
The guy i bought it from was a sports broad caster in the 70`s said he went to a interview with Joe and took his football along and had it signed.

Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#2567 Post by Old Savage » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:53 pm

That is a top trophy in my book.

Sell your house, sell your car, bet it on us. I guarantee a win. They were 18 point underdogs. Joe won.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#2568 Post by OldWin » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:24 pm

Wow, Pitchy! My middle son would flip! I'm not much into sports, but he is a huge football fan. He has a room like my gunroom full of memorabilia and autographed stuff.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered another round.

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2569 Post by Pitchy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:49 pm

Thanks Jay, OS have ya ever seen this movie, one of my favorites with ole Joe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTLJWUBhbQI
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2570 Post by Sixgun » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:16 pm

That Joe Namath sure was a popular dude when I was a kid.....him and Ann Margret...that guy laid more pipe than a master plumber.----6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2571 Post by Sixgun » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:34 pm

That dang Old Savage with that shyt eating grin on his face.....Master of Ceremonies at the parade with his arms around the soft stuff.....I tell ya, I'd love to hear his stories from the old days......(old day?...like hell, he is still doing it) :D .....he is "one of those guys" where the gals put him on a 20 foot pedestal .....effort free...no wining and dining..he just "takes it"----6

Geeze....just looked again at the pic...his crown even has his name on it!

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#2572 Post by Old Savage » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:01 pm

Well Six, a couple of cohorts from the period. One was one of John Gotti's attorneys the other is the reason you don't hear from EF Hutton any more.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2573 Post by Sixgun » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:13 am

OS...yea.....I remember "Teflon Don" :D I think I'm related to him...something like 10 cousins removed..somethin like dat!

What was his attorney doing for you?.....getting you out of a jamb for squeezing too much "soft stuff" without permission? :D

Ha!......Riding high at the moment Fred....just watched the best SOTU EVER! My man, "The Donald"!------6

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#2574 Post by Old Savage » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:44 am

Yeah, the Don jammed 'em on that one. Stacey was left giving a toast master speech and apparently no other dem was even willing to face him.. She isn't even in office anywhere now. That whole women in white thing really backfired

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2575 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:24 am

Yup the Man said it like it is- honest & truthful! He will be considered one of the best in the future.

I say let's bus the latest caravan right to DC and release them on the INSIDE of pelosi's compound!! Then we'll see just how effective a wall is!

MAGA !

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2576 Post by Pitchy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:28 am

Great STOU Dems looked like the fools they are, polosi could hardly contain herself and couldn`t stop looking at the papers.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2577 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:31 am

She was reading the comics in the wall street journal! :lol:

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#2578 Post by Old Savage » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:45 am

She kept trying to find her place in the text because she did not know what else to do.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2579 Post by Sixgun » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:56 am

Yes...those papers she was "looking at".....that bewildered me....WTF? talk about rudeness! and good ole Donald stood tall and talked straight......

Did ya notices the "sour 🍇 grapes look on Pelosi and those weak looking women in white, especially that Cortez bit ch. ha! They KNOW they could not match that leadership in a million years. And then after the speech that gap toothed darky started talking ......she was not a pimple on Donald's azz........she was talking about when they had to look for her father walking 20 miles from work and they took off in the car looking for him and he had no jacket on.....first, how come HE did not have the car and TWO....well......my wife spoke out and said he left his jacket at his girlfriends house. :D ---6

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2580 Post by Pitchy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:16 am

Time for Trump to lay the hammer down.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2581 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:18 am

That Cortez... Dumb as a post, not an original thought rattling around her head, just WHO is pulling the puppet strings?

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2582 Post by Sixgun » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:44 pm

"Dumb as a post"?? You give her too much credit....I'd say as dumb as what I just flushed down the toilet with the smell to equal it. I do get a kick out of her thinking....here she is, a newly elected rep. and all of a sudden she thinks she is going to run the country. :D One thing that is well entrenched in Washington is the "good ole boy network" and that's never going to change...so...so surprised that Donald broke into this as we remember, in the beginning, EVERYONE was against him...except me.

Yea...good ole Donald...he's my pal....he did stop over the other night telling me how him and Old Savage used to buddy up and have these "soft stuff squeezing marathons". He said Old Savage would procure the goods in advance, then Donald would fly into L.A. and the whole group would go back to Donald's 757 for several days.

Yep....sure is hard to tell when the truth is being told here. :D ----6

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2583 Post by Pitchy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:10 pm

Snow and cold, six inches on the ground from last few days and could be 5-7 tomorrow so no sense in plowing today then -17 tomorrow night and -20`s the next night.
Looks like it`s going to be a snowy winter.
Normas mad because i made her take the bird feeders down because turkeys are moving in now.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2584 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:13 pm

If nothing else Six your imagination works :lol:
Yeah I was trying to be polite with the post reference. Pelosi goes down the terlit, schumer isn't worth the letters that spell his name, Cortez is what holds a furball together that a cat hacks up.

Yup rain coming here then get colder. Turkey's showing up eh, time to fill the freezer!

Looks like OldWin territory is gonna get some nasty weather too!

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#2585 Post by Old Savage » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:34 pm

Six, regarding the Donald, one little noted fact is his high position among the cadets during his military school tenure. While at different schools we shared the experience though my rank was much lower. But he does have experience with the organization, order and discipline.

Here is a picture from the 1965 Sword and Sabre dance at Bordentown Military Institute. Eileen was chosen Sword and Sabre Queen.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2586 Post by Sixgun » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Pitchy wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:10 pm
turkeys are moving in now.
Pitchy...turkeys are moving in? Do you have separate sleeping quarters for them? That's really nice of you as the cold weather makes them vulnerable to predators. Maybe if the weather gets warmer you can take them for a ride on the John Deere.----6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2587 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:57 pm

Sixgun wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:50 pm
Pitchy wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:10 pm
turkeys are moving in now.
Pitchy...turkeys are moving in? Do you have separate sleeping quarters for them? That's really nice of you as the cold weather makes them vulnerable to predators. Maybe if the weather gets warmer you can take them for a ride on the John Deere.----6
Or does 'Turkey's ' mean left wing libatards?

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2588 Post by Pitchy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:05 pm

Never had turkey`s around here until a few years ago, another brain storm from the DNR now they`er every where kinda like lady bugs and pigs in southern areas.
They force this stuff on us then regulate it so ya can`t get rid of them without a license, not lady bugs of coarse.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#2589 Post by 3leggedturtle » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:17 pm

They let some turkeys go up by cabin, didnt see them this year tho. I met this chick at the bar up there, i think she gave me a lady bug :P Enjoy the new round of cold weather, hopefull this will the last blast.... todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage: The Original short action, compact, high velocity cartridge.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#2590 Post by OldWin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:20 pm

Pitchy wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:05 pm
Never had turkey`s around here until a few years ago, another brain storm from the DNR now they`er every where kinda like lady bugs and pigs in southern areas.
They force this stuff on us then regulate it so ya can`t get rid of them without a license, not lady bugs of coarse.
That is EXACTLY what happened here with those lousy turkeys. Hate em. They come through like locusts. Eat everything the deer eat.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2591 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:27 pm

I'd much prefer being over run with the turkeys than this nitwit moron dumbazz governor! Now this jack wagon wants to TAX people that have paved driveways!!!seems the run off into to sewer systems is burdensome on the environment....
This guy ain't half as smart as what come out of the south side of a turkey!

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#2592 Post by OldWin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:49 pm

We got one of those now too! :cry:

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2593 Post by Pitchy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:27 pm

I read that yesterday Gunny, what a bunch of bull chit or turkey chit or any other kind of chit.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2594 Post by Sixgun » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 pm

What's the matter with 🦃 turkeys? I think it's a good thing that they are being promoted in numbers.....so we can eat them.--6

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#2595 Post by fordwannabe » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:36 pm

The rain tax is bad but here we kept hearing about the new law in Jersey that LGBTQ history must now be taught to all MIDDLE SCHOOL children. Really, I mean really?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2596 Post by Sixgun » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:37 pm

Gunny....the reason they want to tax people with driveways is because a house comes with the driveway and people who have houses usually have money and they are willing to pay more taxes because they don't want to lose their houses, unlike the "others" who rent with twenty families to the house.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2597 Post by Sixgun » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:38 pm

fordwannabe wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:36 pm
The rain tax is bad but here we kept hearing about the new law in Jersey that LGBTQ history must now be taught to all MIDDLE SCHOOL
Freaks of nature

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2598 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:56 pm

Just more useless stuff instead of the 3 R's, or mechanical skills which our country is lacking!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2599 Post by Sixgun » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:59 pm

Found this picture of Jays grea great grandfather. He was an Indian and went by "Gotcha Yo Guns.---6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#2600 Post by OldWin » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:39 am

That can't be right. What's that funny knob on yhe side of that rifle?
Also, the clothes are too nice and it looks like he has teeth. :D