M1 Garand (camp fire)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: M-1 Garand Campfire

#2501 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:52 pm

What do I get for post #2500?
There is only one Earth. Do it a favor? GET OFF.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2502 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:53 pm

Oh and first on page 51?!?

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#2503 Post by Sixgun » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:19 pm

Ok...ok...I'll give ya a hint...it's a gun!

Donald Trumps Wall Will Work
After 2,000 Years, China Still Does Not Have Any Mexicans.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E.Pa..Where Trump Is Supported And Colt New Service Targets Are The Best Belly Guns

#2504 Post by Sixgun » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:28 pm

First...for an education.....Model 63's in carbine form vs. the longer barreled rifle bring 100-150% more money. That means, double to double and a half for the carbine.

Which model 63 is the imposter? ...or which one has been cut down?

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2505 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:40 pm

Well I'd say the one on the right is orignal but what do I know- I'm blinded by all those green & blue ammo boxes!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2506 Post by Sixgun » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:24 pm

Mmmmmm...I dunno...little disappointed 😔.......CCI Mini Mags at 50 yards was a huge 3/4". :D it's a keeper.---6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#2507 Post by OldWin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:46 pm

Man! Six gets all the deals! Well, just got home. Kristy had to drive the Cherokee. Too much free beer for me! :D
Talked old 99 Savages with a kid I know. Good time.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered another round.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2508 Post by Sixgun » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:47 pm

Gunny...this makes four out of five times you won the title of "First Poster of the Page". And because you also posted #2500 I'm going to award you a Marlin 218 Bee and an 1894 Winchester in 32-40. Call Fordwannabe for the prizes...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2509 Post by Sixgun » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:50 pm

Hey Jay...slamming down the cold ones huh?!?!

That octagon barreled 1899 went for 7....decent gun all original but I did not like the rifling...it was there but worn rounded...no shine..pretty dark.....I've had my share of that shyt.....don't think it would be good with cast.

Now, go take a shower and get your PJ's on because your tired from working all week and partying.---6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2510 Post by Sixgun » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:52 pm

Oh....neither 63's are imposters....the first 15K had the 20" barrel and the remaining 150,000+ had a 23" barrel.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#2511 Post by OldWin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:20 pm

No way bro. Got home and Kristy brought me in a plate of cheese, sausage, kielbasa, and a cold beer! I married well!.
Sorry about the 99, bud. It's all about the bore with me too! That's the mark of a shooter.
The guy at the party just wanted a brass counter 300 to hunt with. Shouldn'tbe a problem.
He asked me if I knew a guy in Bangor that collected. Said he had over a 100k in Winchesters.
I gotta get out more!

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2512 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:43 pm

Well I made meat this afternoon. Not sure if I should post a pic or not. Pic is a little graphic for a family show.
Long story short, 6 or 7 deer wandered through. This one was limping, right hind leg. I let her come to a stop about 50 yards out and put a Remington 20 ga slug through her brain pan.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

The Wild Bunch

#2513 Post by Sixgun » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:09 pm

:D :D :D Party on Jay!!!

Congrats Gunny.....go ahead..post.....this is OUR post. We chased away all of the "board police". Even pitchy flew the coop because of our behavior.....maybe we should rename this post "The Wild Bunch". :D

Pitchy....if your snooping, please rename this "The Wild Bunch". :) :D

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2514 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:44 pm

Ok Six just for you.
20190202_173407.jpg
I really had no intention to shoot a deer today, just out to hunt with a buddy of mine. But when this doe showed up limping I decided better I take her before the yotes got her.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#2515 Post by fordwannabe » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:01 pm

That shot was a whole lot more humane than anything Mother Nature had in store for her.
You said 20 gauge but what gun?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2516 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:16 pm

Savage 220 bolt. Remington 3" accutip slug. Itll shoot an honest 1-1&1/2 " 3 shot group at 100 if I do my part.
I was in a ground blind and had a tripod rest so it was kinda a chip shot.
I try to head shot as much as possible- no meat wasted !

So are you going to shoot some groups with your new acquisitions tomorrow?

Griff
Posting leader...

#2517 Post by Griff » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:18 pm

Wow, I disappear for a couple of days and miss 3 pages of stuff!

Anyway, got a project to keep me busy... I'm going to put this:

into this:

Found two carts on Craigs list for a 5 note, one was missing it's stock engine, and the other had this Honda GX390 set up as a pony engine to run some kinda Rube Goldberg cable puller on the back... It was supposedly seized... it wasn't, just a little rusty, dropped some oil in the combustion chamber, let it soak, and put a pipe wrench to the crank and viola... it turned over. A little more work and investigation and IT RUNS!

So, now I have a motor for the cart that lacked one. A lift kit, engine swap kit, and a little paint and buffin'... and I'll have my new gun cart!

And the boy can have the one with the stock engine...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#2518 Post by fordwannabe » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:23 pm

Not tomorrow but my Birthday is Wednesday and I took off. So maybe Wednesday.
I had a buddy with one of those savages and his would cloverleaf lightfield slugs at 75 yards. I gave my son my old slug gun hmmmm do they make that it a left handed version?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2519 Post by GunnyMack » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:34 pm

I believe savage DOES make the 220 in southpaw! It's a great "rifle", my only complaint is the way the mag catch works.

Hey Griff you gotta post pics of the AFTER, gotta see what you are getting at. Cant beat those Honda engines!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2520 Post by Sixgun » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:41 pm

Gunny..GREAT shot! Instant DRT instead of a lingering death....good work! In addition to the two guns you won, I'm going to award you Fordwannabes Ford Diesel....that thing is huge...we were sitting in, with the heater on, rolling a joint, laughing and listening to Led Zepplin.

Griff.WTF are you doing with a stupid golf cart? Funny thing, always wanted one for cruising around the pasture...
I'll see how your Rube Goldberg coon rigged system works. What's the hp on the Honda? Those engines last forever...you can leave them sitting for two years...outside....pull the cord one or two times and zoooommm...off ya go.----6

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#2521 Post by fordwannabe » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:42 pm

Gunbroker revealed that Savage does indeed make that 220 with the bolt on the correct side, as well as all those defective ones.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2522 Post by Sixgun » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:05 pm

OldWin wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:20 pm
No way bro. Got home and Kristy brought me in a plate of cheese, sausage, kielbasa, and a cold beer! I married well!.
Jay, not only did you marry well, you also married above and beyond. Your a lucky dude. :D Does Kristy wear glasses?

Now, go check those things your eating.....with the exception of the cheese and the beer, it seems like you like things that are long and cylindrical.

Ya know, I'm tired and talking stupid.....can't remember the last time I was up this many hours....17 hours! It's a record since I retired. I apologize to you....see ya in the ....sometime late tomorrow.---6

Griff
Posting leader...

#2523 Post by Griff » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:28 pm

GunnyMack wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:34 pm
Hey Griff you gotta post pics of the AFTER, gotta see what you are getting at. Cant beat those Honda engines!
Yep, I've got a similar model engine on my generator... it just goes & and goes. Keep the gas from varnishing the jets, and they're indestructible.
Sixgun wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:41 pm
Griff.WTF are you doing with a stupid golf cart? Funny thing, always wanted one for cruising around the pasture...
I'll see how your Rube Goldberg coon rigged system works. What's the hp on the Honda? Those engines last forever...you can leave them sitting for two years...outside....pull the cord one or two times and zoooommm...off ya go.----6
Yep, it's for runnin' between the house and the reloading shop, over to the range, and around the SASS range when I go to matches... It's a 13 hp...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#2524 Post by OldWin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:47 pm

Congratulations Gunny! Nice shootin.

Don't sweat it Six. I ain't thin skinned at all.
And just so you know, Kristy is the lucky one. I'm a catch. :D
Just don't tell her I said that. I like her to think I'm modest. :D

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2525 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:44 am

Griff, I know a guy that put a 16 hp Briggs in a golf cart. When all was said & done he found out the engine spun the wrong way- F was REVERSE and R was forward. That sucker was fast though!

Thanks OW! My buddy I went with shot 2 yesterday, always does that at the farthest part of the property! Was a lot of dragging in the dark !

Well there ya go, a southpaw 220 slug gun! Ya not gonna trade off that 32-40 are ya?! NO NOT the Bee!! I'm sure Jack would buy them back...? :lol:

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#2526 Post by OldWin » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:42 am

I hear you Gunny. I HATE messing with deer in the woods in the dark. When I was young, I never did. Always popped em in the morning. The last 25 years it's always late. Hate it.
Now I know someone (Six) will say I don't get up as early. :D
Not true. I get up and out way earlier now than when I was young. No foolin! :D

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2527 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:59 am

As a teenager I could sleep in with the best of them but I became a morning person, now I dont even use an alarm clock. Up at 4:45-5:15 everyday. If I'm lucky about every 6 months I might sleep until 6.
Of course the girls make getting out of bed easier- nothing like having 3 pairs of eyes staring into your soul first thing in the morning! :D

Griff
Posting leader...

#2528 Post by Griff » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:54 am

GunnyMack wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:59 am
As a teenager I could sleep in with the best of them but I became a morning person, now I dont even use an alarm clock. Up at 4:45-5:15 everyday. If I'm lucky about every 6 months I might sleep until 6.
Of course the girls make getting out of bed easier- nothing like having 3 pairs of eyes staring into your soul first thing in the morning! :D
It's like I told that dispatcher once... I don't care what you want, I sleep between 2 & 5am... wouldn't you prefer that I do it in bed, rather than behind the wheel of this truck?

Then again, my son sez that's because I take a couple naps watchin' TV!!!! I don't believe him, I can usually remember the plot of the show... ok, sometimes, but some of 'em are really boring! :P :P :P :P :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#2529 Post by fordwannabe » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:47 am

SURE Gunny think I can get a 220 lefty slug gun for this Shyt?. Wow a new slug gun after having all this old hand me down junk.😍A new gun. I prolly couldn’t find anybody dumb enough to make that trade so I guess I am stuck with these DAMnIT.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Wild Bunch

#2530 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:26 am

I could probably be persuaded if ya twisted my arm! :lol:

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2531 Post by Sixgun » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:29 am

As usual, I'm the last to chime in.

OK....for getting up early.....it was because since the dawn of man, he needed light to "get his shyt done". Now, we have artificial light. Who gives a F?

As for early birds like Gunny, well, he is still a young man and has a lifestyle ...as to working...and the dogs....that require him to rise early. I don't give a F anymore.

Except for cutting the grass, I can do anything about when I want to do it. (Well, last summer I did cut the pasture at between 9 and 11 PM..several times........the Kubota has bright lights).

Went to bed last night at 10 and got up at 10...I call that "around the clock sleeping".

For real, no one here knows the aggravation what we all put up with in our lives to get this far. I've had my share and am determined NOT to let anything or anyobody get in the way of these last few years of happiness.----6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2532 Post by Sixgun » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:38 pm

Hey! Hey! I'm excited!.......I KNEW PITCHY COULD NOT STAY AWAY TOO LONG!!!!! Admit it Pitchy....YOUR ADDICTED TO THIS POST..........

We are now ......"The Wild Bunch".

Let's start the orchestra.....violins, trombones, piano's, flutes, clarinets, harps, tubas, cellos, French horns, skin flutes, male organs, pipe organs, and celebrate! The "Fuhrer" is back! Let's all sit back and rejoice....pop open the champagne and we will delegate Jay to smoke the first skin cigar. :D

Pitchy is snooping.....I knew it.........where would we be without our Fuhrer????

That's OK buddy....we all need a break from life from time to time....life is stressful and mostly boring and monotonous......it's those little times of fun that get us all through the other 95% of BS. The older we get, the more boring it gets....we old dudes have "been there and done dat."----6

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2533 Post by Pitchy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:40 pm

Six how did you change the name of my thread, change it back who ever did it. :evil:
There`s a button to click on on the main page if ya want to start a thread of your own.
Never mind i changed it back.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
He was the best little dog i ever had !!!!!
Sometimes I don`t even understand myself.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: M1 Garand (camp fire)

#2534 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:05 pm

Well when I got up this morning it was still the M1 campfire, went out to shoot some birds and when i got home i ALMOST missed the discussion cuz the name had been changed ! Now i just got home from dropping the deer off at the butcher, check in and we are back to the campfire. GOOD! I was cornfused...
Anyhow the girls did their usual stellar job. First flush was a bit of a stretch for the 28 with imp cyc around 40 yds but I folded the hen and Parker had to catch the cripple. She is learning! Next bird was a crosser, crumpled it 1 shot, 2 dogs on the retrieve. 3rd bird was a hit first barrel had to touch off the left barrel and dropped it about 50 yds . Then Claro tracked a chukar into the thickest pile of briars,grape vines, trees and she got herself stuck. Got herself turned around and flushed the bird. There I stood , gun open bs-ing with a guy- closed the gun & shot just that fast and dropped it, maybe a 6 yds shot. Glad some of my shot hit vines or that chukar woulda been ground up.

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2535 Post by Pitchy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:35 pm

It would be my understanding that only a moderator or myself can change a title of a thread without my permission and it would be against the rules for someone to do so without it.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#2536 Post by fordwannabe » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:16 pm

Wasn’t me! I can’t even post pictures. Welcome back Pitchy.
I wouldn’t want to take advantage of you like that, Gunny.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

M-1 Garand (camp fire)

#2537 Post by Sixgun » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:27 pm

Hey restart.....only the moderators or the original poster can change the title....didn't you see my post above? I thought you saw my earlier post and changed it the "The Wild Bunch". I take it all back now...you are no longer the "Fuhrer".'........you have been demoted to "Minister of Propaganda" a.k.a. Joseph Goebbels".

I barely know how to sign on to a computer let alone do savvy stuff.

Hey......maybe...just maybe....possibly....just possibly......IT WAS THE RUSSIANS!!!!!!!------Mr. Model 63
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2538 Post by Pitchy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:30 pm

All i know is i didn`t change it. :)
Ok that`s fine it`s fixed now.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#2539 Post by Sixgun » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:50 pm

Just got off the phone with the company executives from "The Wild Bunch" reality show. They told me everyone's salary is going up 15% because of the recent drama. They told me the rules specifically state that anyone who drops out on Page 51 will be permanently excluded from this bonus and on top of that, their previous posts will be heavily taxed with the proceeds going to Winchester Model 63 research.----6. (Acting treasurer of N.A. Pencil Inc.)

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2540 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:17 pm

All I can say is I didnt change it, it occured when I was out keeping the skies free of Chinese chickens!!! Those sneaky chicoms are everywhere!

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#2541 Post by Pitchy » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Pitchy wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:35 pm
It would be my understanding that only a moderator or myself can change a title of a thread without my permission and it would be against the rules for someone to do so without it.
Gunny you or anyone else couldn`t change it if they wanted to.
Maybe just a misunderstanding by a Moderator.
Subject closed. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#2542 Post by 3leggedturtle » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:52 pm

Drop out! ? OH, that a relief, thought you said "drop one" at first.... I really like having a bench mounted belt and disc sander even if its a cheap one. Been nice having 20's for the last 2 days. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage: The Original short action, compact, high velocity cartridge.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2543 Post by GunnyMack » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:04 pm

46 here today - I was out in a tshirt !

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

#2544 Post by 3leggedturtle » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:13 am

We had 20's all day, was nice to work in garage with out being all bundled up. Put cedar handles on a damascus skinner and made 3 more antler handled butter knives! Kept dogs out and entertained most of day to.

Where is everyone,i had way too coffee today and not much to read on here. 3keg

Gunnymack thats funny, i dont drink no more, but i loved all beer, good and bad or cheap and strong! Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage: The Original short action, compact, high velocity cartridge.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2545 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:23 am

So with the cold snap over I let the shop stove go out a couple days ago. Cleaned it yesterday. This morning I fired it back up to chase the chill out. Hmm not much smoke coming out of the chimney. Out to the shop, open the door and I walk into a wall of smoke- WHAT THE ... fire is burning nicely, why the smoke.... dumbazz ya gotta open the flue for the smoke to go up & out!!! Now the fire is going, windows are open and fan sucking out the smoke. Its MONDAY right?!

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#2546 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:31 am

Need help plugging in the extension cord for the fan? Didn’t think so. We all make boo boos no harm no foul.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2547 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:41 pm

Fortunately the fan cord reaches the outlets! :lol:
Shop smells like a smoke house !

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#2548 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:34 pm

Yeah Mrs fordwannabe was working all day yesterday and I must have screwed something up real bad because there was lots of smoke in a box on the back porch. Musta done something right though because 7 hours later I pulled out a rack of baby backs that fell off the bone. Mmmmmhh👍

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#2549 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:40 pm

No complaints with that!

I'm thinking maybe I should smoke the shop early winter, maybe I can get rid of the chipmunks living in the walls!?

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#2550 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:08 pm

How many of them little beggars do you have to smoke for a good meal though?😜