M1 Garand (camp fire)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: M1 Garand (camp fire)

#4501 Post by OldWin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:07 pm

Well the old Rubicon survived another trip. Wheeled my favorite trail today. It's gotten worse since I was there last. Three Jeeps up, three Jeeps down. No breakage. I crushed my drivers rear center cap.
Now it matches the passenger side. :D
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered another round.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa....Where Trump Is Supported And No One Takes The "High Moral Road".

#4502 Post by Sixgun » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:52 pm

Lucky you! You get to have all the fun while I cut grass today and Gunny had to babysit his dogs! Plus.....plus.....YOU WON PAGE 91!!!!!! The stars are lined up for your good fortune and good fortune you will have.......YOU have just won Pitchy's wooden key that he made today! Pictured below. Don't forget to call him and give him a big thank you.---6

The World's Finest Wheelbarrow
With Custom Pistol Grip Handles

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#4503 Post by OldWin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:47 pm

Wow! It is my lucky day!
Well, other than being at work right now. And it being like 1000 degrees in here.
Last edited by OldWin on Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa....Where Trump Is Supported And No One Takes The "High Moral Road".

#4504 Post by Sixgun » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:07 am

Jay...1000 degrees???! Wow, that's hot. It was very close to 100 here and I about choked and your in 10 times that amount! You'll feel better when Pitchy ships your prizes......you ought to see what page 100 is gonna be and by the way this post is going, it's not going to be very long......I better tell Pitchy to get "the prize" all crated up using lumber from his saw mill.

Keep on working bro!------6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#4505 Post by OldWin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:26 am

Don't worry Six, I know you're counting on me. People my age are paying your SS cause they spent all YOUR money buying votes.
So lets see.....when I retire, that means younger people will be paying mine.....
Oh, never mind. Guess I'm just SOL. :D

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#4506 Post by Old Savage » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:56 am

OW, a big thanks for the SS $. I have been collecting them for going on 10 years, approx $150,000+. Wonder what I paid in since about 66'.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#4507 Post by OldWin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:04 am

Well at least you are getting some back, buddy.
I've been paying in since 1983 and I will never see a dime most likely.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4508 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:01 am

Yeah I doubt I'll get much either but since I'm self employed I get to pay double the SS ! Heck I'm paying an estimated grand a month in taxes... So please don't spend every penny you guys get!
There is only one Earth. Do it a favor? GET OFF.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#4509 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:21 am

If I win page 100 I think I want Pitchy’s big bore muzzleloader he made. Six Is that an OK prize if I win page 100? Do I have your permission to get Pitchy’s muzzleloader? :D
Poor Pitchy we all pick on him. I hope you know it’s cause we like you. And Huge respect for your abilities.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4510 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:28 am

fordwannabe wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:21 am
If I win page 100 I think I want Pitchy’s big bore muzzleloader he made. Six Is that an OK prize if I win page 100? Do I have your permission to get Pitchy’s muzzleloader? :D
Poor Pitchy we all pick on him. I hope you know it’s cause we like you. And Huge respect for your abilities.
We sure do!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4511 Post by Sixgun » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:58 am

fordwannabe wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:21 am

That's the truth...Pitchy is a "good ole boy" with many abilities and knowledge.....he takes it like I'm (we) are messing with him....
NO...Pitchy deserves the attention ....he keeps this board interesting.

Anyway, The prize for page 100 will come up about a week before we get there....ALL milestone numbers will get big prizes....the next with be page 95.

No Tom.....
You can't get Pitchy's muzzleloader....I believe Jay already has it at his house, along with a few of my Colt single actions.......under lock and key......imagine, the irony of it all.

Social Security will be there for you younguns....as long as the country/world does not collapse. While many of us could get by without it...it would be "tighten up the belt".....there are some who totally depend on it so could you imagine millions of people with no money at all?

That reminds me, my "check" was deposited the other day (15th?) so me and mom are gonna take a ride to Tractor Supply to stock up on more useless items that we think we need.....as Rep. Ilhan Omar says, "it's all about the Benjamin's"....---6

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#4512 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:57 am

The only thing I want to hear from that woman is I have had enough and I am leaving! But it will never ever happen.
I don’t care if it comes from Pitchy or Jay👍
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4513 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:02 pm

All 4 of them need lobotomies! Yeah they will still be a drain on society but at least the diarrhea of the mouth will stop!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4514 Post by Sixgun » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:31 pm

GunnyMack wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:02 pm
All 4 of them need lobotomies! Yeah they will still be a drain on society but at least the diarrhea of the mouth will stop!
Let an old timer educate you two youngsters on radicalism......ALL changes in society start with radicalism.....in the beginning, most people will call these people "nuts". As time goes on and having it beat in your face, you begin to accept this "radicalism" as "gospel". The ones who feel disenchanted will catch on to the bandwagon of lies and feel like they have nothing to lose. As there are people in power (media) who hate the ones in power (republicans) they will get on the bandwagon knowing full well that it's all BS but really want the ones in power to fall off the mountain....they don't care, they are already filthy rich........

.....and so it goes......everyday we are bashed in the head .....until one day, by accident, 51% of the weak minded/disenchanted ones will vote and win. It's happened many times in history......the latest being Obama, the most worthless piece of shyt, traitor, liar and other things, along with his ugly wife, Sasquatch.

Now you know why the democrats want open borders....votes.....period.....Hillary will still live in her multiple mansions.....and you guys and me will still be complaining on Leverguns, talking about stupid shyt, admiring Pitchy's creations, farting, complaining about the weather.....and so it goes....---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4515 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:57 pm

No Six you have it all wrong!
I HATE THOSE 4 LIBERAL B!#(%ES .
It has nothing to do with politics- I just HATE people! :lol:

Yes they going to really help our friend and President get reelected but what I'm really hoping for is the people pull their heads outta their azzes and vote these 4 nitwits out!!

Anyhow I spent the morning cleaning out the basement- ordered 4 tons of wood pellets this morning!

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#4516 Post by OldWin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:28 pm

Sixgun wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:31 pm
GunnyMack wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:02 pm
Let an old timer educate you two youngsters on radicalism......ALL changes in society start with radicalism.....in the beginning, most people will call these people "nuts". As time goes on and having it beat in your face, you begin to accept this "radicalism" as "gospel". The ones who feel disenchanted will catch on to the bandwagon of lies and feel like they have nothing to lose. As there are people in power (media) who hate the ones in power (republicans) they will get on the bandwagon knowing full well that it's all BS but really want the ones in power to fall off the mountain....they don't care, they are already filthy rich........

.....and so it goes......everyday we are bashed in the head .....until one day, by accident, 51% of the weak minded/disenchanted ones will vote and win. It's happened many times in history......the latest being Obama, the most worthless piece of shyt, traitor, liar and other things, along with his ugly wife, Sasquatch.

Now you know why the democrats want open borders....votes.....period.....Hillary will still live in her multiple mansions.....and you guys and me will still be complaining on Leverguns, talking about stupid shyt, admiring Pitchy's creations, farting, complaining about the weather.....and so it goes....---6

Dad?...........is that you? :D

People laugh at me cause I'm such a whacko, and have been since I was kid. I tell them I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I've been proven right too many times.
When I was a junior in high school, I had to choose an author, read several of their books, and write a term paper.
I chose George Orwell........
Oh....and the rest of my family are all whackos too......so there's that. :D

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#4517 Post by Pitchy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:14 pm

It`s hotter than a hookers doorknob on nickle night. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
He was the best little dog i ever had !!!!!
Sometimes I don`t even understand myself.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#4518 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Jay, I come from a long line of hardheaded, conservatives who for the most part just don’t give shyt what others think. Yes I have been punched in the face more than once, and it didn’t change me(well my nose it off to one side). I was a psych nurse for a long time and the first rule of psych nursing is, the longer they are locked up together the harder it is to tell the ones with the keys from the ones without the keys , because little crazy doesn’t seem so crazy when you have seen BIG crazy. Same with these nitwits once you hear them Obama and Joe Biteme don’t seem so nuts. BUT THEY ARE.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4519 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:46 pm

Pitchy That's how it was here the past few days! It's still humid today but much cooler, only about 82 today! Got a good cold front coming tonight, more rain too. Sure hope this let's up!

Old Savage
Posting leader...

#4520 Post by Old Savage » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:17 pm

101°, 12% humidity. Hot and dry.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4521 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:19 pm

That sure beats 96° and 90% humidity every time!!!

Sure wish FWB would hurry up with some range reports!! BUT dont get my Marlin rained on! :D

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4522 Post by Sixgun » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:08 pm

Yea Gunny....I hate most people too.....well, not hate...I just don't want to be around em.....got a call around noon today....answering machine>>>>"hey Jack, got a problem with my AR...can you come over?" Yea, like I got not nothing better to do and drive there too! F.Y.M.F.....never answered it.

Me and mom took a drive to Tractor Supply....I love that place.....spent another C note on salt blocks, fly catchers, Kubota paint...blah blah...

Going down a back country road cruising the speed limit or a bit over...(35)....see movement in my rear view mirror....BMW with tinted windows on my azz.......

Stop at the Chadds Ford Sunoco...get 5 gallons of 91 Stinger gas for the small engines.

Come home, starts raining and thunder....dogs take off and huddle around mom.

Is this all there is?---6

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4523 Post by Sixgun » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Wow! Just had a major thunderstorm blow through...knocked some big branches off the trees......it's headed to you Gunny....

No electric.....waited a half hour before hooking up the generators.......we now have 93 octane electric..

Funny thing, the post above was written an hour ago and just as I was ready to hit the "submit" button, the electric went out.....I was surprised that when everything was up and running that the post was still on my iPad.---6

Ha! You "think" your gonna get th 25-20? Nada......Tom's never had a takedown Marlin....but...if you want to enter a pact, I'll just tell him I'm putting up the 219 Zipper for sale and he will NEED the money. Worth $100 to ya? :D

Gunny...if you want a 25-20 and Tom don't want to sell I'll sell ya my Marlin CL that still has the box. I added a full length mag. to it...very accurate.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4524 Post by GunnyMack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Yeah the storm was here, not very violent though. My sister texted me, she lives about 8 miles away, she said it was a horrendous storm there.

I still want to know if you become an azzhole when you sing the papers to buy a bmw or does the dealer send you to school to become one?

Well I called DIBS on FWBs 25/20- he never said NO so that's my prize for the next page I'm first to post on!
I'd love to have a Marlin but first I need to get another safe- I'm outta room! Not like the old days when every corner had a gun in it- frickin lawyers have ruined everything!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

The Daily Telegraph.

#4525 Post by Sixgun » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Naaaa Gunny......only azzholes are attracted to Beemers.....in other words, Beemers and azzholes go together like peas in a pod....peanut butter and jelly.....flys and shyt.....rap music and...Blaine.......you get it...let's see if the busy body tunes in. :D

I believe Tom will sell you the 25-20...for real.....we all tend to get the heebie jeebies after spending lots of loot and he probably wants to recoup.....right Tom?????

Pushing 9 and still no electric. The wife's family is calling from their cell phones and asking how things are...all hubby dubby....hinting....you get it......the one just spent 35g's on a slightly used Jeep Cherokee with a Hemi in it but no one has the loot for an $800 generator.---6

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#4526 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:02 pm

There are less hebie gebies about that purchase than chevys in my driveway. And for the record oh mentor that is my third Marlin Takedown currently owned.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4527 Post by Sixgun » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:09 pm

Oh man Tom.....you were so excited on the phone...as I was also....that I thought you said that was your first takedown......

Well, in that case Gunny...your f'ed. :D ---6

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#4528 Post by fordwannabe » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:31 pm

Jack don’t destroy his dreams :lol:

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4529 Post by Sixgun » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Hey! Looks like page 91 is going....going......almost gone. Think I'm gonna award Tom's 25-20 to Gunny, whether he wins the page or not...ya know, we have to share in order to keep up with today's society.......wet dreams or not. :D --6

Shyt! 10:20 and still no electric....mom wants me to keep the generator on all night just for her stinkin' fan. Imagine that shyt..3-5 gallons of gas just for a fan. Think I'm gonna have a bad day tomorrow.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4530 Post by GunnyMack » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:07 am

Calling DIBS don't mean I get it straight off, what it does mean is I get first crack at it if and when it goes up for sale! I wouldn't expect a guy to go buy a couple guns, spending his hard earned pesos to just hand em out like green cards!

See those animals in Harlem throwing water and buckets at the police while making arrests? The PD should just show up and sit in the squad cars and watch the area self destruct . No respect for our boys in blue!

hmm how much rain last night...1.36" .

Your power is out because that electric company that blew up last month in Philly has filed for bankruptcy!

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#4531 Post by fordwannabe » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:12 am

Gunny you have first crack at the Marlin when I sell it, buuuut I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4532 Post by Sixgun » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:33 am

Power on.....11:45 PM

Amount of rain......exactly 2"

Deblasio.........royal piece of shyt, Rudi is 100% right....he is a disgrace.......kind of tells me about the people of N.Y. to elect him in the first place......along with the governor of NY......it's like when I was younger what the continual election of Ted Kennedy told me about the people of Massachusetts.

Aggravation level today......medium to high......don't know why but I'd like to whack somebody with a baseball bat today. ---6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4533 Post by GunnyMack » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Hey Jack I hear ya! It's just like the people of Arkansas sending that other thing to the White House- they wanted rid of him!!! Yes the population of NYC is about as smart as a fresh pile of cow flop! I mean who in their right mind wants to live like that!? I say put up a 25' high electrified fence around that place and let em fight it out to the end!!

So I decided to re engineer my shotgun press setup. I 'borrowed' a steel welding table from my high school 30 years ago. 20 yes ago I bolted my Dillon SL900 to it.
Couple years ago I made a cabinet to set up metallic reloading stuff but found it was unneeded for my case prep. Today I bit the bullet and did the swap.
20190723_131323-600x800.jpg
Now I can keep the process closer to everything in 1 place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Griff
Posting leader...

#4534 Post by Griff » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:43 pm

I ain't talented or have "skills" like Lenn... so I have to "hire" out to get stuff done!

Here's the new Golf Cart seats... for my cart... which will be my "Gun Cart"... ain't no golfin' in this cart's future
DSCN1161.JPG
And then I got new seats for the other cart, which is mainly be for use around the farm... which it's already proven itself to worth the money!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4535 Post by Sixgun » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:50 pm

I tell ya Gunny....ain't nothing as good as spending your time doing gun related fun.......you don't use a chair while reloading?

Well, at least the weather is a bit better today.

Oh! I see you do things like me...and JAY......you "borrow" things with the intent "not to return". :D ----6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4536 Post by GunnyMack » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:15 pm

Actually the previous bench was lower and I could sit but this bench is a bit higher so standing or sitting will work.
With my 2 bum disks I'm better off standing. Only reason I did the swap was I was waiting for the appliance tech to show up, really not what I wanted to do today.
I really need to clean my shop but I haven't been motivated to do it lately !

Hey a golf cart with Captains chairs- that should be very comfy! Do you have a roof for the cart? Those nice cushy seats need shade .

Griff
Posting leader...

#4537 Post by Griff » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:26 pm

GunnyMack wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:15 pm
Hey a golf cart with Captains chairs- that should be very comfy! Do you have a roof for the cart? Those nice cushy seats need shade .
Yep, and I even made the bracketry... as my sez, probably the only golf cart with wrought iron roof brackets!!!
DSCN1162.JPG
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4538 Post by Sixgun » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Griff.......
Very sharp bro! With those fancy seats, sun blocker, and blue steering wheel, it's too classy for me......did not know you had TWO of them....did you convert the other to a gas engine also?

I'd say the only addition your carts could use would be a three speed auto suck.....most of the drivers I used to load all had multiple speed auto sucks in their trucks when they were on the road for an extended period. ----6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#4539 Post by OldWin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:09 pm

Wow! Everyone has been busy. Well, Griff and Gunny at least. Good stuff guys.
I started loading and hauling that old tree off today. Not fun.

Oh, and Six old buddy, you know I don't borrow with intent to keep. I'm right up front about my thievery. :D
It may be summer, but I still got my buffalo coat! :D
Last edited by OldWin on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Griff
Posting leader...

#4540 Post by Griff » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:48 pm

Sixgun wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:29 pm
Griff.......
Very sharp bro! With those fancy seats, sun blocker, and blue steering wheel, it's too classy for me......did not know you had TWO of them....did you convert the other to a gas engine also?
Yep, paid $500 for them both. The one already had the factory 2 cyl gas engine. It just needed a battery and being re-wired. As you can see, the seats were cracked and the foam was stiff and unforgiving. The paint is all scratched with the plastic bodies being cracked and broken in a couple of places... but, what the hey, I won't worry about 'em being beat to all get-out around the farm! Now to build a gun rack for the back.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4541 Post by Sixgun » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:35 pm

Dang....ain't heard about that buffalo coat in a while. Almost forgot about it. I guess you'll be getting it ready pretty soon.

Hey Jay....how about that young couple getting murdered on the Alaskan highway? I just just imagine if those bad guys preyed on you guys. They would be full of maggots by now.--6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

#4542 Post by OldWin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:01 am

Hey old buddy!
I didn't hear about that. But, yeah. You got that right, buddy. We coulda' sunk em in a lake cause they'd have had so much .357 lead in em!
You think I'm rough?.....my kid is a ring tailed badazz. :D

Pitchy
Posting leader...

#4543 Post by Pitchy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:32 am

Nice bench Gunny looks great.
Griff the carts are nice, i have a electric one sitting in the weeds with no batts, wish i`d bought a gas model.
Six and Jay, well i just don`t know what to say.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
He was the best little dog i ever had !!!!!
Sometimes I don`t even understand myself.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4544 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:44 am

The 10 years I spent working at the lumberyard we had 3 different golf carts, 2 gas and an electric. I kept the gas motors running, both were well used by the time we got them. Was having to run 15w40 in one just to keep the bearings in place! As for the battery cart- what a waste of money! Had 2 sets of batteries in 2 years- the dust and battery acid just ate up cables and terminals.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4545 Post by Sixgun » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:04 am

Aaaahhhhhhhhh! Good morning Leverguns! Bobby Mueller is on the boob tube......

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#4546 Post by fordwannabe » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:26 am

Oh !Jack, that just ain’t nice. I thought we was buds. Then you go and show THAT gun.
Well I haven’t been around as much because the commonwealth needs me. Been working 6 days a week and farting around with MrsFW’s rusty truck. Started with a transmission line well the “quick connect” fittings are rusted solid even after soaking with a 50/50 mix of atf and acetone. I had to cut the line and am searching for the new fitting that goes in the radiator so I can hours worth of work and many dollars “quick connect” the new line. So last night I go to unbolt the other end of the line to transmission auxiliary cooler and without any force the line rips out of the cooler $114. Argh
Last year our field office was super busy had 365 complaints in nursing homes in our area, super busy. This year we have 358 as of yesterday 😳😳. We just don’t have enough people and we ain’t getting more. So if I don’t write as much as usual you know why. Remember all of you guys are important to me and I enjoy the silliness and joking good natured ribbing(buffalo coat, giving away Putchy’s Stuff, Jack teasing me with unobtainable icons,Monster Garage golf cart edition, and lab pitcures). Lately the only thing, besides my grandson, that makes me laugh. Keep it up guys.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4547 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:55 am

Just goes to prove the auto makers don't give a rats azz about the end user- if they did they wouldn't use Chinese steel for parts like that!

That Marlin on Sixgas's err I mean Sixgun's signature sure is a lot nicer to look at than those 4 nitwits he was using!

My sister works for one of the home care/nursing companies, they too are swamped with work.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

#4548 Post by fordwannabe » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:08 am

Quick connect my Sixgun!🙄

Sixgun
Posting leader...

#4549 Post by Sixgun » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:16 pm

Whine...whine....whine.......that's OK Tom.....I've been there.....we die hard gun "acquirers" whine and complain about breakdowns in the car, house, blah blah...but NEVER whine about spending 3g's on a gun we certainly don't need. I've got 5 g's wrapped up in the BAR .....just to talk about it and shoot it occasionally????? The list is lengthy.

OK, the year? about 2005.....I'm in the tent in Colorado during elk camp....slamming down expensive bourbon, have a $600 elk tag in my pocket that's only good for one year, plane tickets, food,,blah, blah....it will ALL be gone in a week................I call mom from the tent and she tells me the transmission went in her Ford and it costs $1400 to have it fixed....I was devastated....ruined the rest of the week for me......why? BECAUSE YOU CANT BRAG ABOUT A TRANSMISSION BUT YOU SURE CAN ABOUT AN ELK HUNT.

TOM.....because I like you so much I'm going to have a different rifle on my signature line from time to time.......just to keep that wonderful emotion in yo head at all times....and, well, for me too as I love the GREEN you always seem to have an excess of.

Nope, I'm dying with the Marlin 35-55 takedown....but there will be others.....coming soon to a theatre near YOU!---your pal--6

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#4550 Post by GunnyMack » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:41 pm

35-55? Is that a wildcat I never knew Marlin made? Or something you had done ?

Well I just went and picked up Gold Medal Dixie. She will now sit in a place of honor among the rest of my dogs.

So back in late 04, early 05 I had lost what was possibly the best dog ever, Lady Rimfire Valentine. So in September of 05 i found a breeder just a couple miles from the gun club. Each week i stopped to see the puppies and had decided on a short list, 2 girls.My first choicedidnt want to retrieve but the second did- that was Dixie. Well the first weekend of October they were ready, the 2nd is my birthday and i had won a match that weekend as well- what better way to celebrate than with a puppy!