Value - Winchester Wrangler in 44 MAG

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Value - Winchester Wrangler in 44 MAG

Post by t.r. »

I found a Winchester Wrangler featuring large lever and 16 inch barrel for asking price of $625. Condition is excellent. Is this a fair price? I know that this model was built for 3 years back in the 1990's and doubtful it is coming back into production. But I'm not a collector; I hunt with my rifles.

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Value - Winchester Wrangler in 44 MAG

Post by Pete44ru »

If it floats your boat, it's a fair price; if it doesn't, it's not a fair price - the way of the world. 8)

FWIW, when I want something, I don't care about the cost - unless I don't have enough $$ to obtain it (then I'm just sad).

Last edited by Pete44ru on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The values on the later trappers seems to be crazy. I bought a pre safety AE trapper in .44 a few years ago to use snowshoeing for about 350 bucks.
Last year, I thought I'd hunt up a top eject version in 30-30 just for fun. I couldn't believe the money they wanted for em everywhere I looked. :shock:
Like 800-1k bucks for nice ones. Crazy! I wound up buying a two digit number, NIB Legendary Lawman for less than I saw the regular versions.
With this in mind, while I can't believe it, I'd say that isn't bad for a minty version. Especially if it's pre cross bolt.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

walk in there with 5 and see what he does....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

RIHMFIRE wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:45 am walk in there with 5 and see what he does....

IME, just walking in won't do it...……. I've found out, over the years, that it's best to use some buyer's strategy...…………… :roll:

Before I make an offer, I first find & deal directly with the GS Owner (or the seller) - not a GS clerk.

I then make that person invest some time in the deal by me coonfingering the gun & asking several questions about it.

Then, after that, the next thing I've learned to do is to tell him/her:

"I would like to buy this gun, but this is all I have to spend on it" - AND ONLY THEN LAY THE CASH ON THE COUNTER, AND KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT.

The first person to speak, loses...…………. ;)

If my offer's refused, I walk away - but, every once in a while I get called back to complete the buy @ my offer.