Hey 6pt sika

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Hey 6pt sika

Post by GunnyMack »

I just happened to see on Turnbull website that he has a Parker VH 28 for sale!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hey 6pt sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:31 pm I just happened to see on Turnbull website that he has a Parker VH 28 for sale!
My friend that called me today to tell me about Steve Cobbs VH 410 at the Vintage Cup also told me about Turnbulls VH 28 (its also in Maryland at the Vintage Cup) seems the stocks been cut to 13 1/2” and the barrels have been cut to 23 1/2” . I suspect it’s on an 0 frame . He’s asking $2500 , I’d like one that’s uncut even if it’s no better then 50% condition overall .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I just went back to Turnbull's website, I cant find it now... maybe they sold it and took it off the site?

Shame it's been cut at both ends! Make a fine grouse/skeet gun if the stock was a bit longer...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:38 pm I just went back to Turnbull's website, I cant find it now... maybe they sold it and took it off the site?

Shame it's been cut at both ends! Make a fine grouse/skeet gun if the stock was a bit longer...
The stock could be made usable with a thick KickEez but not a lot can be done about short barrels :roll:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I restocked a VH 20 years ago, the gun was knocked down a set of steps. My stock wood/ semi inlet guy has since passed.
Anyhow that 28 could always be restocked and I suppose it could also be tubed... yes I know that's blasphemy!
Although my 'Red Headed Stepchild' a 12 ga O/U that put together from a box of parts is 22" and cyl& cyl, does fine on birds and clays
BROWN LABS MATTER !!