Got me a new toy.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Got me a new toy.

Post by gamekeeper »

My local dealer tried very hard to sell me a single barrel Belgium made .410 poachers gun, he wanted £100.00 ($131) for it.
I noticed it was a cut above the usual rusty old poachers guns he stocks so already having two. 410s and not requiring another I bought it :roll:
When I got it home I looked on the net to find out a bit more about it but could not find this particular model, lots and lots of cheap poachers .410s that at first glance are very similar. Then I find one, it is for sale at Pugs Guns Duluth, the asking price is $1695.00.
I immediately texted my dealer with the news.... :lol:
Sorry I can't post a photo (no six year olds around to show me how ) but here's a link to Pugs Guns.
http://puglisiguns.cloudapp.net/invento ... y=shotguns
It is listed as Belgium made single shot .410 mine has a straight stock and no sling.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Got me a new toy.

Post by Pete44ru »

OOooooh ! ! :o

VERY nice, indeed ! !

Congrats, GK !

FWIW, when I make a score like that, I NEVER let the seller know, so that they can remain an untapped mother lode, ILO raising the price of anything I may be interested in at a later time.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:roll: Quote.FWIW, when I make a score like that, I NEVER let the seller know, so that they can remain an untapped mother lode, ILO raising the price of anything I may be interested in at a later time.

Pete my local dealer is also a drinking buddy, we love out doing each other.... :D Otherwise I totally agree with your advice :wink:
Thank you for posting the photo.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Wow that’s really nice. Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Beautiful "toy," Gamekeeper. I can imagine the joy of feeding it paper-hulled 2 1/2-inch shells, and the wonderful smell of them upon extraction. Such a gun surely rewards a cautious and skillful approach -- hunting reduced to its simplest form. Seems a .410 single shot is in the same league as a 3-weight fly rod -- it's all about finesse. 8)
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:54 am Beautiful "toy," Gamekeeper. I can imagine the joy of feeding it paper-hulled 2 1/2-inch shells, and the wonderful smell of them upon extraction. Such a gun surely rewards a cautious and skillful approach -- hunting reduced to its simplest form. Seems a .410 single shot is in the same league as a 3-weight fly rod -- it's all about finesse. 8)
That's why I fish a 2 wt and hunt birds with a 410 double!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Dang Gunny!

8)
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

But I also use a 4wt and a 28 more than the the 2wt or 410.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

That`s sweet buddy, grats on getting that. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:38 am
Pete my local dealer is also a drinking buddy, we love out doing each other.... :D Otherwise I totally agree with your advice :wink:

Thank you for posting the photo.

IDK that, GK - apologies.....

You're welcome, on posting the pic of your new gamegetter.

I can only wish I had one as elegant.

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

I just turned :mrgreen:

That is a score for sure John 8)

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

GK, I reckon that little jewel would handy as a pocket on a shirt, and a real joy to use.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Very nice!!
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

There's very few "rushes" in life that compare to the feeling one gets when he makes a "highway robbery". It lasts quite some time and gives one their moment to be proud of their knowledge.

Good going Gamekeeper!!!! -------Tonto.....sometimes "6"
Model A Uzi’s
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

very nice for sure....
Boy I would like to visit that shop!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Quiet elegance. Gets 'em every time.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Nice!
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for all your comments :D it is a well made little .410 in great condition but I can't see it fetching anywhere near the figure Pugs Guns have put on it on this side of the pond. This type of gun is very common over here but more often than not a well used cheaper version, I could probably sell it for double or triple what I paid for it but $1695.00 would be unbelievable over here :(
It feels good in the hand, I just hope the squirrels hate it as much as I love it.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Who cares about the potential price? It looks as it it is a well made, handy, useful little gun. The price you paid sounds reasonable for such a nice little gun. I would hazard a guess that it locks up tight and solid as an English General's clenched jaw under a stiff upper lip.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

piller wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:09 pm Who cares about the potential price? It looks as it it is a well made, handy, useful little gun. The price you paid sounds reasonable for such a nice little gun. I would hazard a guess that it locks up tight and solid as an English General's clenched jaw under a stiff upper lip.
Yup, I paid what it was worth to me and it does indeed lock up tight so I'm happy. I have often sold guns just because I was offered a lot more than I paid for them, only to regret it later.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:53 am ...so already having two "XYZ" and not requiring another I bought it :roll:...
I like your gun-buying logic John, I might use that!!!

Oh wait... I already have................ :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Old No7 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:26 pm
gamekeeper wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:53 am ...so already having two "XYZ" and not requiring another I bought it :roll:...
I like your gun-buying logic John, I might use that!!!

Oh wait... I already have................ :wink:

Old No7
And me :lol: ....... :?
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Not sure if you are aware of Ballistic Products, they have a recipe for their light game slug( round ball on a wad) and claims of 2000+ fps from a 410. That would do a number on Bugs! I dont know if BP will ship to you there in the UK...
I have some of these but haven't tried them out yet.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:04 am Not sure if you are aware of Ballistic Products, they have a recipe for their light game slug( round ball on a wad) and claims of 2000+ fps from a 410. That would do a number on Bugs! I dont know if BP will ship to you there in the UK...
I have some of these but haven't tried them out yet.
Thanks for the heads up Gunny,
I do intend to try .410 slugs BUT the UK gunlaws mean I have a few more burning hoops to jump through. In the UK a shotgun is easy to own but if you want one that has a less than 24" barrel or holds more than 3 rounds or you use slugs in it then it is no longer
classed as a shotgun and is a lot more difficult to own... :roll: to make matters worse each police force have different interpretations of the law, so what I can use in one county could be a no no in another.
Please let me know how those fast little .410 pills work... :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very nice John! :D

"Need" seldom factors in to my purchase decisions on firearms. "Want", well.. . that is another matter altogether. That and some enablers here always calling my name! :D